If you think someone has entered your Netflix account without your permission, then this post is for you. We will teach you how to log out of Netflix on all associated devices.
See active sections
Netflix lets you know which devices are associated with your account and you can even see their recent activity; to see it you must do the following:
- First, Access Netflix with your email or phone number and your password.
- Second, go to the ” Settings ” or ” My profile ” section.
- Finally, choose between the two options provided by the Netflix platform:
- ” Recent device streaming activity “: with this option you can see devices connected to Netflix, including the date and time of streaming content. It also provides you with information about the IP address from where the streaming was made. Of course the location is approximate, as it is determined based on the place of registration of said IP.
- “View activity “: in this case, a list of the content seen by the profiles that are associated with the account will be displayed. It also shows you the access has been made with each device.
With these steps you will be able to know if someone unauthorized is using your account. If so, the first thing you should do is change your Netflix password .
Now let’s see how to close the Netflix account on other devices.
Sign out of Netflix from PC
- Logging out of Netflix PC is very easy, you just have to press where your profile picture or avatar appears, in the upper right part of the screen, and choose the ” Account ” option .
- This will show you various useful options on the screen. In this case, what we need is in the area that says ” Settings “, click where it says ” log out of all devices “, confirm that you want to exit Netflix and voila, you will have already logged out of all devices associated with your Netflix account.
This security measure that Netflix included allows you to protect your account from possible intruders. Of course, it is vital that you change your password, otherwise the malicious person will be able to continue logging in whenever they want.
Our recommendation for you is that you carry out this process on a regular basis, especially if you have created profiles for other people.
Sign out of Netflix on the Smart TV
With your Smart TV you can only close the current session, since to log out of other Netflix devices, you must enter from a mobile device or from the web.
However, we decided to include the steps to log out of Netflix on Smart TV, since some users have found this process difficult. Let’s see how it is done:
- The first thing you will do is open the menu that appears on the left side of the screen.
- Select the ” Settings ” option , the icon that identifies it is in the shape of a gear.
- Then, press where it says ” Close Session “
- Finally, select ” Yes “, indicating the confirmation that you want to close.
If it is not easy for you to find the ” Configuration ” option, you can choose to use the arrows on the remote control, carrying out the following combination of keys:
- Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up.
When you finish doing this, the option ” Close Session ” will appear; now you just have to press it and voila, you will have already closed session from your Smart tv.
Remove a device from Netflix
To remove a device from Netflix you have to deactivate it. This procedure disconnects the device you want from your Netflix account. To achieve this you just have to do the following:
- Login to your account.
- Go to the option ” My account and help ” located in the upper right part of the screen.
- Press where it says ” Manage Netflix on devices and computers.”
- Click on ” Deactivate ” that appears next to the device you wish to remove and voila.
Now, it is important that you know that this action may take a maximum of 8 hours to execute and that the location data of the device will also be deleted.
So if your device has been stolen it is not a good idea to deactivate it, at least for the moment.
How to block a Netflix profile
Many users wonder if it is possible to protect a Netflix profile with a password. However, Netflix only allows one password per account.
Now, what you can do is create a PIN to limit the reproduction of any television series or movie that exceeds an age rating or to limit the reproduction of a particular series or movie.
To make these modifications you must follow the following steps:
- Go to the ” Account ” page .
- Click on the ” Parental Controls ” option .
- Enter your Netflix account password.
- Create your PIN code with four numbers (letters are not allowed).
- Determine which of these options you will protect by PIN:
- Toddlers : EVERYTHING
- Twinks : 7+
- Teens : 13+
- Adults : 16+, 18+
If it is to limit the reproduction of a specific movie or series, you must enter the title in the corresponding text box.
- Finally, press the ” Save ” button .
In this way, each profile will have access to movies according to their age.
We hope the information has been very useful. If you need more personalized help, you can go to the help center orNetflix support ; they will gladly help you resolve any inconvenience or doubt you may have.