Today Netflix is the leading platform for streaming content worldwide. It has a popularity that no other platform has been able to match. Although, we cannot deny that it is having quite a bit of competition. Using Netflix gives access to millions of movies, series and documentaries. You can find some very popular such as The Walking Dead, Super Champions, Dark, Black Mirror, among others. Without a doubt, the platform offers thousands of hours of entertainment.
Within the Netflix configuration options, you can change the password in case you want to make it more secure or if you suspect that someone else has used it: changing the password is the best option. How to change your password on Netflix is one of the most sought-after tutorials on the internet. You have come to the right place. Since with the steps that I will indicate below, you will be able to recover your account or make the password more secure.
How to change the password from the browser
The first method to change the Netflix password is through the computer, accessing the official Netflix page from the computer. This method can also be done from your mobile browser, since the Netflix page is also mobile-friendly. Follow these steps to change your password:
- Accede to https://www.netflix.com/password, the Netflix page from which it will be possible to change the password
- Sign in to your account if you haven’t already.
- A form with three fields will be displayed. In the first field you must write the current password . Following this, a new password must be entered and confirmed at the same time. Choose a good combination of numbers, letters, and symbols.
- Press the ” Save ” button to save the password change.
Another way to change your password, although it is a longer method.
- Access Netflix : Access https://www.netflix.com/ , you just have to copy it into the address bar of your browser and press Enter. It will take you to the Netflix home page in your country. In this form, what you request is to write your email or phone number with which you have previously created your account. You must enter your current password and later, you only have to press the “Login” or “Sign In” button.
- Choose your profile : Once you have passed the previous steps, when you log in it is necessary to choose a profile . It does not matter which one you choose, what you will do is change the password, so this does not matter that much at the moment.
- Go to the Account section : The next step to change the password in Netflix is to go to the top of the page on the right side and click on the arrow next to the profile image . A menu will be displayed in which you must click on the option that says Account . This will load a new screen where you will see all the available options.
- You enter to change the password: Once all of the above has been done, the next step is to click on Change password, which is one of the first options that can be seen on the Netflix Account page. It will take you to a new page.
- Change the password: Finally, in the form shown on the next page there will be only three fields. In the first one, you must enter the current password . Following this, a new password must be entered and confirmed at the same time. Try to choose a very good combination of numbers, letters and signs.
After this, only an email will arrive to confirm the password change. Nothing else has to be done. This is ideal if someone else uses your account and you no longer want to share your account.
Change password from the app
It is worth mentioning that this procedure can be carried out in the browser of your smartphone or tablet by accessing https://www.netflix.com/password. Although, to be honest it is a bit easier if you do it from the application for mobile devices, which is sure if you must have it installed on your smartphone. Otherwise I will tell you how to do it.
- Access the Netflix application : First, you must enter the application; If you don’t have it installed yet, you can install it from the different app stores.
- Google Play : the procedure is similar to any other app you have downloaded. You will have to go to Google Play or directly in thislink. You must press the Install button , you accept the permissions to download the app and you only wait a few seconds. I recommend doing it directly on your mobile device.
- App Store : the option for iPod, iPad or iPod is to use the official store, you must access the application file through thislink. Once there, it should only be downloaded using the fingerprint or password, as the case requires.
- Log in to Netflix : when you have the application already installed, what continues is that you must log in to the application. The current email and password must be entered. Subsequently, you have to choose a profile, it is not at all important which one you choose, it does not affect them at all.
- Change the password in Netflix: You must go to the bottom of the application screen. You will see a couple of icons, you must click on the one that says More and that has three vertical lines. When you do, a menu with several options is displayed, you must click on Account.
- All Account options will open in the browser of your mobile device, you will not have to log in again. You just have to click on the option that says Change password, it will take you to a new form where you only have to write the current password, your new password and confirm it.
As I said, it is a fairly simple process to carry out, but you can do it from the comfort of your smartphone. Have no doubt of that.
Change Netflix password without having current password
Don’t know your current password? That is not a problem, since Netflix offers a login wizard with which you can regain access to your account. You just have to accesshttps://www.netflix.com/py/loginhelp and follow the steps to change your password without having to know the current password.
For detailed steps on how to recover your account, access our article: Recover Netflix account.