Knowing the YouTube monetization system will help you earn money faster with the videos you upload to the platform. For this you will have to know how this system works and what are the requirements that you must meet before monetizing.
In this article we will talk about everything related to YouTube monetization and we will help you understand how the platform pays . That is, if you do it through visualizations or by type of ad.
You will also find a list of alternative platforms to YouTube that also pay to upload original videos.
What is YouTube monetization and what are they for on the platform?
The YouTube monetization serves to encourage creators to upload original content and earn money with your videos. It also serves to keep the platform running. YouTube monetization serves to encourage creators to upload original content and earn money from their videos .
It also serves to keep the platform running, for example, profits are used to pay for servers, domains, engineers who maintain the site, and creatives who make improvements to the user experience. You must bear in mind that not everything is being a YouTube partner to earn money with your videos. You can also use other methods that will also be profitable and effective for advertisers.
You can choose one of the options that we will show you below:
- Direct advertising : you must take a good look at what content you want to sponsor on your channel, since if the product has a bad reputation or is bad for users, it can harm your personal brand.
- Affiliate products : we will tell you the same as we told you in the previous paragraph, you must be very careful when promoting these products. Do not deceive your subscribers, otherwise you will lose credibility on the platform.
- Act as an influencer: if you get a significant number of followers, this is an advantage you have when creating your own personal brand on a YouTube channel . For this reason, you can promote products through special contracts.
What are the requirements to start monetizing the videos on my YouTube channel?
There are several requirements that you must meet to have advertising in your videos, which are not difficult to meet, but you have to be careful not to break the rules .
- First you have to reach 1000 subscribers on your YouTube channel .
- You must have 4 thousand hours of views in the last 12 months .
- You have to accept the terms and conditions of the YouTube community . So you should limit yourself when talking about certain topics that go against the philosophy of the platform.
- You must produce creative and original content frequently.
- Be in a country where you can apply for the monetization program .
- Have a Google Adsense account .
How does YouTube pay? By views or by ads?
YouTube pays for ad views, however, there is an equation for the calculation called CPM, which is the cost of a thousand views . That is, how much does a video earn on average for every 1000 views, but you must be careful because this is not like they pay you a thousand views.
If you speak from a statistical point of view, of every 1000 views it is achieved that between 10% and 18% are views of ads as well. So that percentage would be the one that you actually get paid out of the 1000 views. From all this it appears that YouTube encompasses everything and gives you the data of what you get on average per 1000 views.
List of alternative platforms to YouTube that also pay you to upload videos
Next, we will show you a list of alternative platforms to YouTube with which you will also be able to earn money by uploading your videos:
With Facebook you can earn money by publishing videos on your Fan Page, you just have to meet these requirements:
- Have 10,000 followers .
- 30 thousand views of 1 minute at least.
- The duration of the contents must be at least 3 minutes each .
- The content must comply with the conditions of the Facebook community (they are very strict when accepting a Fan Page that does not comply with their terms and conditions).
This is the portal that is constantly growing. It is a community dedicated to gamers and their way of earning money is related to the moment of playing a game. That is, if the streamer is playing a video game and the person who is watching buys that game, the gamer earns a commission of 5% for advertising . You can also receive donations from users who are watching the live.
This platform was launched long before YouTube and has two types of monetization, which are the famous Pay Per View in which visitors pay to watch one type of content. The other method of earning money is the Tip Jar which consists of receiving donations for each video of interest to the community that you upload to the platform.