It is no secret to anyone that Twitter is considered one of the most famous and advantageous social networks in the world, which is why millions of people access it every day. Taking into account that, it shows a wide coverage worldwide and it is a site where there is still much to be discovered.
In this sense, each social network is considered a new world that has its own peculiarities and beyond that, they have unique functions and tricks that are valuable to know to get the best use of them. Which, of course, also happens with Twitter, which, although it shows easy operation, is full of options that may be unknown to most of its users.
So, in order for you to manage all your tweets and your activity on this renowned social platform in the best way, we want to detail a compilation with the main tactics that you can use on Twitter to get the most out of it .
3 Facts about Twitter that you may not have known
To begin with this important discovery about Twitter, we will specify some relevant data about said platform that, although it may seem very elementary, is actually unknown by practically almost all users of the social network.
Thus, below, we will detail three of these:
Number of monthly users
This renowned social network allows you to keep track of the number of followers you get on your profile. To do this, you must access the “Analytics” panel in “More options” and there, observe how much your database of followers has increased during the last 30 days or in the last month.
In addition to this, you can see how many new followers you acquired per day. Which, also allows you to determine the cause of it, thanks to the fact that if on a specific day you observe that you gained or lost many followers, you can check that you tweeted that day . Being this of great help for entrepreneurs, brands and companies that want to gain customers or greater visibility.
It is still a trend
Although, currently, there are other apps that can show more power compared to Twitter in various countries of the world, the truth is that this social network continues to be a trend and is not at all obsolete . Taking into account that, it was categorized as the most downloaded news application in the App Store and it is kept completely updated.
Which means that, beyond being a social network, it is a news site where you can manage different information and activities . Since it allows you to know what is happening at any given moment in real time and even on the other side of the world.
Powerful Marketing Tool
With the remarkable development that the world of Marketing shows, a large number of users of social networks look for the most optimal one to publicize their brand, their products or their services and without a doubt, win more customers . Thus, Twitter is considered an excellent tool for this today.
The main reason for this is based on the fact that said social network helps you understand the behavior of Internet users, thus being of great support to better know your potential customers and know what you can offer them in response to their requirements.
Additionally, it is a place that makes it easier for brands to show their personality, increase their presence on the Internet based on their corporate image and also increase their positioning in the minds of their followers. Even for brands that are not clear about their personality, it is also a good tool because it allows them to experience it more easily.
What characteristics make Twitter a unique social network?
Starting because Twitter is a two-way communication platform with the nature of a social network, it can already be said that it is a different alternative to the others recognized as Facebook or Instagram, for example.
Thus, Twitter is considered a unique social network, even though it limits its posts to a total of 280 characters (currently). But, to emphasize more on the originality of the platform in question, it is necessary to take into account many other characteristics that, here we indicate in detail:
It is very efficient around information
It is no secret to anyone that a lot of quality information can be found on this platform in a short time . In addition, it helps you quickly reach the best sources of information regarding any topic, since it shows the opinions and recommendations of other users.
In this sense, it has managed to create a culture of “efficiency” among its users, since it forces them to make the most of the available space to type what they want ; so they will have to get to the point quickly. Thus ensuring a remarkable agility in the people who use this means of communication.
Brings people who are separated by a physical distance closer together
Although many social networks have been created to shorten distances, especially; many of them fail to deliver a pleasant feeling of closeness. But with Twitter opposite happens, it gives users the sensation to the be as agile and instant communication there .
In this way, it is an excellent mechanism to always be connected with your family and friends and even to meet new people and access public figures who are active on the social network and are interesting to you. Being like this, much closer to his day to day.
A very versatile alternative
Another original aspect of this platform is the user interface it displays. Since, when using SMS-type messages, it takes up very little space and this favors the use of mobile devices that is in full swing today. Thus, it is an extremely versatile and highly mobile application that has become the preferred option for many.
Allows you to promote your business with Twitter Ads
For those who do not know, it has an advertising tool known as “Twitter Ads” that allows companies or brands to promote their tweets and thereby get more followers, interactions and traffic.
Among its greatest advantages, we highlight that, although it is paid, the advertiser will only pay for the user who follows their account and not for viewing, being extremely economical . Apart from this, it allows you to define the target and provides analytics where you can know the scope of your promotion.
You can sync your Twitter account
In order that you do not have to lose the information that you leave in your profile depending on your number of publications and followers, this social network allows you to synchronize it between devices so that everything coincides with the times of publication, follow-up and even in around the number of readings.
This being a completely free feature that will help you review and manage what you want within the social network and from any device you have at hand, without any limitation.
Provides comparative data
In order for you to know how your brand is performing in various marketing categories, the blue bird social network has the most complete information available about your followers and also regarding the social network in general and certain audience groups .
Thanks to this, there is the possibility of comparing your followers with a remarkable variety of profiles of people, as well as with demographic data, consumer behaviors and interests, to get to know how your project works in those categories.
It is a viral platform
Given that it is a platform of a social, global and synchronous nature at the same time; stands out for offering brands and companies the opportunity to generate different content to guide the actions of its followers and, without a doubt, to be able to viralize any content .
This, especially, because Twitter simplifies the rapid circulation and multiplication of messages. Thus generating an excellent advantage to viralize the brand’s communications and open the conversation with customers.
List of the best 35 Twitter tricks that will allow you to make the most of the platform
Now, we have reached the most interesting section of the whole post. Since, once you read and perform the best Twitter tricks to make the most of this social network, your experience on this platform will change completely .
Thus, below, we detail 35 of the most interesting tactics to perform here:
You can share the capture of a text to save characters
Although many users love this social network, they estimate that the amount of 280 characters defined for each tweet to be published, on many occasions, may be insufficient. But, for this, there is an excellent solution that from now on you will know how to manage.
In this sense, you can write all the words that you want to publish in your tweet from a word processor and later, share said text as if it were a photograph.
So, to carry out this ingenious idea, you can do the following:
- Enter Word or the notepad (or any word processor you prefer) and type there all the text that you want to publish in your Twitter post .
- After that, proceed to take a screenshot with the given keyboard shortcut. Taking care, of course, that only the text is visible (you just have to cut it to your liking).
- Finally, go to Twitter and share the screenshot from the previous step as an image .
Activate night mode
Many people prefer to use dark themes or night modes on whatever platform they want to stay on for a good amount of time. Either for comfort, for vision problems or for any other reason. Well, Twitter offers a function that allows you to activate the night mode both in the web version and also on the mobile .
In order to do so, complete the following step by step :
- Access your social network account and open the menu, clicking on the icon of your profile “More options” .
- Later, enter the option “Screen” located between one of the last of the small menu.
- Now, you can click on “Dark night” or “Light night” to enable this mode to your liking, by clicking on “Done” . As you will see, you can also customize the screen with other colors.
Prevent videos from playing automatically
If you find it annoying that the videos shown on the social platform start playing by themselves, that is, automatically ; Twitter contains an option to prevent this for users who do not like it.
So, to do it in the browser version, do the following:
- Open your social network account and access the “More options” selection .
- Once the new menu is displayed, enter “Settings and privacy” .
- Now, when you are inside that option, go to “Content” or “Data use” (in this case).
- Finally, click on “Automatic Play” you will only have to deactivate the option by selecting “Never” .
In case you want to do it in the mobile version, you will also have to enter the Settings and privacy menu, but after that:
- Click on the option “Use of data” that you see in the general section .
- Subsequently, click on “Automatic video playback”, which will display another new menu.
- In this menu, select if you prefer that the video clips are never seen, if you want them to always be seen with mobile data or WiFi, or that you can only observe them when browsing with WiFi.
Poll your followers with polls
Like other social networks with great fame, Twitter also allows you to poll your followers . Which means that you can post a question with several answer options and with it, let the followers choose the one they think is correct. So, when the time period is up, you will be able to show the results .
This is the way it is done:
- Enter the platform and start writing a new tweet, as well as any other.
- After that, select the survey icon that is located in third position, when you scroll from left to right linearly.
- With this, they will show you two new options to write an answer in each one (these will be the ones that the followers will be able to select). If you want to add more possibilities, click on “Add an option” or the “+” sign .
- Finally, choose the duration of the survey and click on “Tweet” .
Manage multiple accounts on your smartphone
If you manage Twitter directly from your mobile through its app, it is possible to enter more than one account at the same time . This being a long-awaited function in the version of the social network that, unfortunately, is not yet available.
To proceed to manage multiple accounts from your mobile device, run the following process:
- Open the side menu within the application and click on the arrow pointing down, just to the right of the name of the profile you have opened.
- Subsequently, a menu will be displayed in which you can add an existing account or create a new one .
- So, once you write the username along with your password and enter the account or accounts you want, you can manage each one by opening the side menu again (as shown in the image).
Make use of all the GIFs you want
Although it is true, nowadays, a very common way of communicating on social networks and instant messaging apps is by using the famous animated GIFs . Which has also been implemented in Twitter to please the vast majority of its users.
In this way, you can add it to any tweet you want, just as if it were an image. Either accompanied by texts or only the GIF.
To do this, use the following procedure:
- In the Twitter Home section, start writing a new tweet at the indicated bar.
- Once you type the text you want (if so), click on the GIF icon that is located in the bottom bar, just in the second position from left to right.
- Now, it is time to click on the chosen GIF, once you write a term to find the related elements in the search engine that they show you. With this, they will be included in the post as an image.
Proceed to create a thread easily
One of the new hallmarks of this social network are threads . Which can be done in an extremely easy way and after the latest updates of the platform, it is as simple as making a normal tweet to publish it .
So, you have to complete these steps:
- Located on the Start bar to write a tweet, you must start by typing the ones you want to write first.
- Afterwards, click on the “+” symbol that is located at the bottom right next to the “Tweet” button .
- With the above, they will show you a new tweet below the one you had already written and thus, you can repeat the process as many times as you need .
- Finally, click on “Tweet all” to publish the thread you have created.
Add emojis to your tweets
Similar to GIFs, emojis have also become a totally fundamental part of communication over the Internet and they reveal a notable advantage on Twitter. Since, as you have a certain limitation of the number of words, from the emojis you can save those characters.
What you must do to include the emojis you want in your post, is this:
- In the Home bar, proceed to create your tweet normally .
- Subsequently, click on the last option at the bottom of this bar, that is, on the icon of a face .
- Now, they will show you a small window where you can select all the emojis you want and finally, click on “Tweet” .
Hide the images and save data on your mobile
If you have an adjusted data rate or, you prefer to save these to the maximum; you can make use of a function that Twitter has provided in its mobile application. In which, by default, all images will be hidden, so that they will never be loaded in the tweets you observe.
However, it does not mean that you will not be able to visualize them in any way. Since, if you enable such a function, they will be added as links on which you can click to see them whenever you want.
The process to follow for this is:
- To start, press the icon of your profile photo that appears on the Start and access the “Settings and privacy” option .
- After that, look for the “Data usage” selection that is in the General category and access it.
- Finally, click on “High quality images” and choose the option “Never” to hide them. But if you want to see them normally when you have a WiFi connection, you can select “Wi-Fi only”Lists Twitter