If you are a casual user or simply use Twitter as another form of communication, you probably don’t pay much attention to images. However, when using microblogging professionally or with a business account, accuracy is essential.
As you will also know, publications that do not have an image are less effective . So by not using them you are wasting the potential of a tweet . Similarly, if the photo does not match the recommended measurements, it can be considered poor quality.
Not to mention the cover or the profile image , which are the visible face of the brand on social networks . To avoid any inconvenience and always use the correct measurements, we recommend the following post.
What is the ideal size of the images that are uploaded to Twitter?
According to the specifications of the platform, there are three measures that we must take into account in each type of image. These are the minimum dimensions, the recommended ones and the maximum allowed weight . They vary according to where they will be used.
Let’s see how:
- It must be at least 200 pixels wide by 200 high .
- We recommend using one of at least 400 pixels on each side instead . Also keep in mind that the display of this image is circular, so you should avoid valuable information in the corners .
- The file size must not exceed 2 MB .
- Also called a header, it must be at least 1024 long by 280 pixels wide.
- A good measure to maintain quality is 1500 x 500 px .
- In this case, the allowed size is 5 MB
- It is perhaps the measure that you should know the best, since it is the one that you will use the most. The minimum size is 600 by 335 px . And even if it is displayed at a smaller scale (440 by 200 px) you must remember that, when you click on it, it enlarges.
- We recommend that you try to use qualities no less than 1024 pixels wide by 512 high.
- As for the allowed weight, like the cover, it should not exceed 5 MB .
List of the best tools to create original images for Twitter
If you find all this information confusing, or you are not good with photo retouching programs, we offer you a better alternative and why not, four more. In this way you can choose the software that you like the most to create the ideal images for your Twitter account .
Let’s see some applications for it:
It is perhaps one of the platforms most used by users to create all kinds of images. The good thing about it is that you don’t need any experience as a designer, it is very intuitive and has a friendly interface. In addition, it offers templates for most of the social networks. You can register and use it for free, although its paid version offers more tools and the possibility of removing the watermark .
It is a site with hundreds of templates for different social media platforms . With respect to Twitter, it offers measurements for all types of publications as well as a vast library of images to add. You can also use yours and modify the design to your liking.
If you are looking to create an image quickly and without many steps, “Pablo” is a good option. Best of all, it’s 100 percent free, it doesn’t even require registration. In addition to that, you just have to select a template, add the image to it and download it. Of course, the edition of it is quite limited .
It is a web platform and an app for Android and iOS . With it, or combining its versions, you will be able to obtain a powerful tool with great utilities for free. And although the Premium version offers more templates, it will not be a limitation. Its interface for use through the mobile phone is optimized, so that it is not an inconvenience to work from a small screen (compared to the computer).
It’s another free platform in its entirety . Ideal if you do not want to rely on templates and create your own designs from scratch. Provides a wide range of tools similar to professional editors . In addition to this, it offers you to create backup copies of your work done in Gravit Cloud, which is also free!