Facebook is the number one social network today and there is no doubt that it will continue to be that way in the future. To log in, access or enter your Facebook account from your PC or mobile, you only need to access the official site www.facebook.com and enter your personal information: email (or phone number) and password.
Facebook (PC ) Facebook (Mobile ) App ()
If you don’t know how to log in or need help, keep reading!
Founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg as a simple college experiment, it has been so successful that it is now available worldwide and has more than 2.3 billion active users each month. Every day, millions of users log into their Facebook account to find out all the news from their social circles or what is happening in the world, both from their website www.facebook.com and from the applications available for download at Android or iOS.
However, it may be the case that you cannot find the option to log in or that there are difficulties when accessing the account. Here at MundoCuentas we will help you step by step to log in to effectively access your Facebook profile.
Enter from the web
Desktop browser (PC)
The desktop version was the first to be released by Facebook. You can easily navigate through Facebook from your computer, you just need a browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and you can now log into Facebook from your computer. Follow these steps to log in from the PC.
- Login to https://www.facebook.com/login/
- Enter your username and password in the form.
- Click on the ” Enter ” button
Alternatively, you can also access www.facebook.com directly, in the upper right corner the login sector will be located.
Both methods are valid when accessing this social network. Once the ” Enter ” button is pressed , you will be directly directed to the “News” section, that is, the sector where everything new that your friends have published and the pages or groups you follow is located.
If you do not want to download the Facebook application on your mobile because you do not have enough space on it, fortunately the version for mobile browsers is quite functional and offers you almost the same user experience as the application, in addition, you can log into your account from any mobile device that has a web browser. Here are the steps to log in from the mobile browser, without downloading the application.
- Login to https://m.facebook.com/ from your mobile.
- Enter your login information : email or phone number and then password.
- Press the ” Enter ” button to complete the login process.
Perhaps Facebook for mobile browsers has some disadvantages when using it, what we have seen is the small difference in terms of loading speed of the different sections of the social network; on the other hand, the image loading process is not as optimal in this version.
Enter from the application
Without a doubt, Facebook would not be the same without mobile applications. Millions of users every day log into Facebook from the mobile application, this because the user experience with the app is much better since there is direct access to the photos taken from the mobile, location, notifications, etc.
- If you don’t have the official application yet, download it from the following links:
Developer: FacebookPrice: Free
Developer: Facebook, Inc.Price: Free +
- Open the app.
- Enter your login details, username and password.
- Press the ” Login ” button .
Then Facebook will ask you if you want to enable one-touch login. This functionality allows you to log in without entering your password every time you want to do it, but be careful! it should only be on your device.
Facebook also has an application called Facebook Lite, which is a much lighter version than the original version. You can download it by searching for it in the official application store of your device, either the App Store for iOS or the Play Store for Android. Next, we will provide you with the links to download Facebook Lite on your device
- Facebook Lite for iOS
- Facebook Lite for Android
What are the differences between normal Facebook and Facebook Lite and how does it affect the login to this social network? First you will find the look and the icon of the application, which is presented in white instead of the typical blue color of the original application. You will notice that the Lite version installs much faster due to the fact that it takes up less space (a few megabytes of storage) and therefore loads much faster than the original version.
When you log in with Facebook Lite and use the social network through this version, you will notice less data consumption and therefore greater compatibility with lower speed or unstable mobile networks, such as 2G technology.
Advantages also include compatibility with older versions of Android on more basic phones; As it has a lower amount of functionalities compared to the original Facebook application, the Lite version does not require very sophisticated resources on the mobile.
Direct login without password
Logging in directly without a password ( with one touch ) is a functionality that Facebook has, however, you must first log in through one of the methods that we describe above; once that is done Facebook will ask you if you want to log in with one touch the next time you use the same device. Keep in mind that this option should only be used on your own devices, since it implies that your account is saved on the device in question.
To log in to Facebook for the first time you must have your password ; In the event that you have forgotten it, you must proceed to recover your Facebook account. If this is the case, at MundoCuentas we have a guide prepared for you: how to recover a Facebook account.
If what you mean by “logging in without a password” is not having to enter your password every time you log into Facebook, you can ask the Google Chrome browser to automatically save your passwords. To activate this option, follow these steps:
- Enter Google Chrome and press the menu button (three vertical dots located in the corner on the right).
- Head to Settings.
- Then go to the ” AutoComplete ” option .
- Enter the ” Passwords ” section.
- Activate the ” Sign in automatically ” option .
Through this Chrome option you can also view all previously saved passwords, or add new passwords.
I can not log in
The process of accessing a Facebook account is quite simple, however, there may be problems when it comes to doing so. The most common problem is undoubtedly having lost your password or email address.
- If you have lost your password : Go tohttps://www.facebook.com/login/identify/ and enter your email and you will receive an email with a Facebook link to re-establish your account. As an alternative method and if you had a phone number linked to your account, you can enter your phone number in this form and you will receive a text message with a code that you must enter on the next page.
- If you no longer have access to your email or phone number : If this is your case, the only way to recover your account and log in is by having previously assigned trusted contacts. Find out on the official Facebook website how to recover an account with trusted contacts:https://www.facebook.com/help/213343062033160
- The browser cannot enter Facebook : Try another browser or check your internet connection. Your antivirus or firewall program may also be blocking access to the site.
If you want more help to regain access to your Facebook account, visit our article to recover Facebook accounts and we will guide you step by step through the process.
Tips when logging in
As in any service, it is necessary to take precautions when logging into Facebook. This is because you would be entering your login or access information, so failure to do so in a safe place could result in the theft of information or personal data. To do this, we mention some types to securely log into Facebook:
- Try to make it from your computer, and if it is not, use the “Incognito mode” of the browser so that your personal data is not recorded.
- Change your password regularly to keep your account safe.
- If you are logged in to a device that is not yours, make sure you log out once you have finished using the service.
- Assign a valid phone number to your account, as well as a valid email address and trusted contacts in case you ever need to recover your account.
Now you just have to enjoy all the services that Facebook has to offer you