A verified Instagram account is distinguished by the small blue logo that is located on the right side of the username, and it is a validation seal that represents legitimacy and reliability with respect to the identity of its bearer. In this way, users who search for the profile of this person will know that they are following the content of a real person or company and that it has gone through a verification process within the platform itself.
In this sense, this coveted medal grants a distinctive rank that many users would like to have within this platform. Therefore, if you have ever wondered how to verify an Instagram account to give greater authority to your personal profile or that of your brand, then you have come to the right place, since here we will explain all the procedure you must follow to send your Verification request to the Instagram staff and choose to have your account verified.
How to verify an Instagram account
The steps to follow to verify an Instagram account (even if you have few followers) is the one that we will show you below. Follow the steps carefully and you will have no problems with it:
- Log into your Instagram account.
- Once there, press the button for your profile located in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Now click on the three horizontal lines located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In this new menu, press Settings.
- Now press Account> Request Verification.
- In ” Full name ” you must enter the information that appears on your national identification document.
- In ” How are you known ” you must enter your name in the networks or the name of your brand.
- Under Category, choose the one that relates to the type of content you share.
- You must also attach an identification document (DNI, driver’s license, Passport, etc).
- Finally, hit the Submit button .
Once this is done, Instagram will receive your request and review it in a minimum period of 30 days, so you will have to wait until then to know if your verification is approved or not.
Methods to verify an Instagram account
Having a verified Instagram account brings a certain status within this powerful social network. However, obtaining the blue verification seal is not as simple a process as it seems, and if you think about it a bit, you probably realize that this badge is reserved for public personalities, brands and / or renowned companies. This is because Instagram has very clear and demanding policies to determine which profiles will be granted this verification symbol.
Regarding the existing methods to carry out the verification procedure, it is important to make it clear that Instagram only has an official procedure to verify accounts and this is the one that we have shown you in this post. Therefore, if you see any application or promotion from a third party that promises to help you verify your account, it is best to ignore it and avoid potential scams or identity theft.
If you are thinking about submitting your verification request on Instagram, then you probably want to know some tips and recommendations so that you have a better chance of being accepted. Here are some guidelines that will be very helpful:
- To make your account more reliable, remember to link your Facebook profile and other platforms to your Instagram profile.
- It is essential that you fill in the verification request form with authentic information, since Instagram will take the time necessary to know if your data is authentic.
- Remember to read the policies and terms of service of Instagram, you will no longer receive your verification badge if you do not comply with any of them.
- Try to actively share content on the platform and focus on a specific sector or site of interest.
- Do not use “unnatural” methods to increase your number of followers, as Instagram will detect this and consider it suspicious.
- If you have a website, personal blog or work collaborating on other platforms, take advantage of them to highlight your image outside of Instagram. This will allow the Staff to know more about your identity outside the platform and they will know that you are remarkable.
- Do not place links from your other social networks on your Instagram profile or encourage your followers to follow you outside of this platform, as this violates the policies of this social network and will prevent you from receiving your verification.
- If your verification doesn’t pass on the first try, don’t worry. In this case, you should work a little more on your profile, make sure you comply with Instagram policies, increase your followers and resubmit your request.
- Remember not to use other third-party methods to perform your verification, as this could put your account and your own security at risk.
With all this information, we hope that the verification process of your Instagram account will be easier for you. Good luck!