It is no secret to anyone that Facebook is one of the most influential, famous and powerful social networks in the digital environment . For this reason, it has remained within the world ranking as regards social networks with a greater number of users per month. Since, it has around 2,400 million active users .
In this sense, both the youngest and the most adult choose to make use of this recognized platform to interact with other people online . Taking into account that, for this, Facebook provides several mechanisms and has even provided the necessary tools so that people can advertise there.
Thus, Facebook exhibits different novelties with which it has optimized the experience of its users over time . For this reason, apart from allowing the publication of multimedia files such as photos and videos, the platform also supports the possibility of uploading PDF files from any device . Given its importance, here we will teach you how to do it using a computer, from an Android device or with an iOS device .
Learn step by step how to upload a PDF to Facebook to share it with your contacts
Basically, a PDF is defined as a file format used to represent documents that can contain links, buttons, form fields, business logic, images, audios, and videos. Added to this, they offer the option of signing them electronically and all this, independently of the operating system . For this reason, PDFs can be handled through a Windows, Linux and MacOS computer, as well as through mobile devices or tablets that operate under Android or iOS.
Now, in view of its importance, there are many platforms that present compatibility with this type of files, to improve the information and communication experience of their users. Thanks to this, Mark Zuckerberg’s social network allows PDFs to be handled and published on the platform, just as if they were multimedia files. However, there are still many people who do not know how they can upload these files to Facebook to share them with their contacts.
That is why, to facilitate your experience of using the social media app, we want to show you step by step what you have to do to publish a PDF from Facebook, both through a computer and also through an Android or iOS :
From the computer
Directly, the social platform allows you to upload PDF files to the Facebook groups in which you are added. Considering that, to share them from your timeline or to a page of the social network, it will be necessary to take a more indirect route . Since, the option to upload content in PDF format is only available for the groups to which you are part of the social network .
Now, to start with the simplest method, we will introduce you to the process that must be followed to publish your PDF file in any Facebook group you want:
- First of all, you must access the official Facebook website to log into your account using the corresponding credentials . In this case, you can choose the web browser of your preference to do it.
- Once inside the timeline of your FB account, it is time to click on the “Groups” section . By default, it is located at the top of the window.
- Now, through the left sidebar (where it says “Your groups” ), click on the group in which you want to publish your PDF document.
- Next, from the Create publication field , go to the bottom where it says “Add to your publication” and select the three existing points to enter the menu .
- After that, several options will appear that you can choose freely. In this case, click on “File” and a new box will open.
- At this point, it only remains to write your publication and upload the PDF document through the button that says “Choose file . ” Thus, the file explorer of your computer will open and it only remains to search for it to open it (which should not exceed 100 MB).
- Finally, when you agree with the result obtained, you have to click on “Publish” in order to share the PDF with the other members of the group.
On the other hand, to share your PDF file directly on your timeline or on any other Facebook page, you must perform a different procedure than the previous one, which is much more indirect . Since, first of all, you will have to upload it to the cloud in order to upload it to the social network. For this, it will be necessary to use Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox or any other similar service .
Here’s what needs to be done:
- Initially, go to the official website of your preferred cloud storage service. To there, upload the PDF document that you want to share in your FB account.
- Followed by this, when you are in your storage unit, proceed to look for the file in question to copy its URL through the top bar of the browser or with the option that says “Get link” . This will depend on the type of cloud storage service you use.
- Now, enter your Facebook account and from the Start part , start writing your new post. There, it is time to paste the link that you copied in the previous step and in the same way, it will be shown to other users.
- To conclude, you just have to click on the “Publish” button and it will be uploaded as a common publication on your Facebook. In this way, all the people who press the link in question, will enter the cloud service and will be able to view or download your PDF .
Given that, currently, most Internet users prefer to manage their movements on the Internet through mobile devices, especially when it comes to social networks; It is also worth knowing how to share a PDF file on Facebook using an Android mobile or tablet .
Here we’ll explain to you how to do it:
- In this case, the PDF link must be used . To do this, through your smartphone or tablet, you have to enter the mobile app of the cloud service where you host said document or, to be able to upload it there.
- When the document is on your storage drive, find and copy its URL .
- After copying the link of the PDF file , you have to access the social network application to enter your account as you normally do.
- Now, directly from the feed, start creating your new publication and in the part that says “What are you thinking?” , proceed to paste the URL in question .
- Finally, finish managing your post and once it is ready, all you have to do is click on “Publish” from the upper right corner. From then on, your FB friends will be able to access the PDF via its URL.
In the case of an iPhone or iPad, the same thing happens as in Android when it comes to sharing PDF files on Facebook. In other words, it cannot be uploaded directly to the publication, but rather, you have to resort to a cloud storage service to obtain the link of the document and thus be able to add it to the social network.
Without further ado, let’s start with the step-by-step explanation to follow to publish your PDF in this way on an iOS:
- In this case, it is recommended to use the Google Drive platform . Therefore, from your device, enter the mobile app of said service, which is usually found on the home screen. If you don’t have it installed yet, you can do it through the App Store for free .
- After that, look for the document in question or proceed to upload it to the platform. For the latter, just touch the “+” button in the lower right corner and press “Upload” to find the PDF in question.
- Now, it’s time to copy the file link. Which, you can do it by clicking on “Locate” from the status bar to open the location of the PDF. So then, tap on the three dots next to the document title to open the options menu.
- Next, in order to enable the required option, find and slide the button that indicates “Get link to share . “
- Once this is done, you have to select the option that says “Copy link” and thus, the URL of the file will be copied to the clipboard of the iPhone or iPad.
- Once you do the above, you have to enter the Facebook mobile app to access your account.
- Next, from the feed, press the text field that says “What are you thinking?” to be able to post a new status. In this section, press for several seconds to be able to choose the option “Paste” and thus, place the link from Drive.
- When completing your publication, it only remains to select the option “Publish” from the top of the screen and that’s it.
On the other hand, if you want to share your PDF file with a Facebook contact privately, it will be appropriate for you to do so through a private message . To do this, you will simply have to open Facebook Messenger, search and choose the relevant recipient to proceed to paste the link obtained and thus, this user can open the file by touching said URL.
Even making use of the PDF link, it is also possible to publish it in another post through a comment . In that case, it will only be necessary to paste this link and share the comment with the phrase you want. With which, all the people who can see your comment, will be able to enter the link without any limitation .