Social networks are here to stay . These online platforms, born to connect people and turned into places with a continuous flow of information, easy to use and with a tremendous potential to communicate with the rest of the world, are now a part of our lives and our daily lives. In fact, it is rare not to run into someone who has a smartphone and does not have a profile on one of these networks .
Within the wide amalgam that currently exists, Twitter is one of the most prominent and important proposals . This network started by sending small messages, with a maximum of 140 characters ( already expanded to 280 ) and has on its part the fast delivery and the always present possibility of viralizing the content. Its use is focused on speed, on propagation in a matter of seconds thanks to functions such as “Retweet “.
With an interface that changes every so often and with new improvements that come over time, it is common for many to wonder how to update Twitter for free to the latest version . This app, completely free, even allows you to follow famous people to keep up with their day-to-day life or even interact with them; For this reason, wanting to always have it updated is something that is never out of interest .
Install the latest Twitter update automatically step by step
In this guide, we are going to explain the steps to follow so that you always have the most recent updates installed on your mobile phone. As you can see, it is a simple process and it is done in a totally secure way for your device, regardless of whether you use Android or iOS . In addition, since we explain it to you step by step, you will not get lost, with the complete peace of mind that in just over a couple of minutes you will have updated Twitter. Go! .
Although automated, updates can also be done manually through the app stores available on mobile phones. On both iOS and Android you can install the latest Twitter update automatically through the App Store or from the Play Store , respectively. Here we are going to explain what you have to do in both cases, whether you are an Android or iPhone user.
From Google Play for Android
To update the Twitter application from Google Play for Android, it is most often done automatically, but it is possible that you have configured your terminal so that it only downloads when you indicate it, so you must follow these steps that we explain below:
- Look for the Google Play Store icon in the area where you have the apps or in the folder that you have destined for it. When you find it, click on it to access the store.
- Now, you could access the options, open the “My applications and games ” panel and search among the applications for the update for Twitter. However, there is a faster way, which begins by entering “Twitter ” in the search bar .
- From among the results that appear, you just have to choose the first one, since it is the official program. Click on it to be sent to its main description page.
- Inside this, in addition to a gallery of images and data on the functions of the Twitter app, you will see that there is a button with the text “Update” . If it appears, it only does it when your version is out of date, you just have to press it and let the phone do the rest. It will download the files and install the newest update automatically.
From the APP Store for iOS
The APP Store for iOS also has a section dedicated to installing phone application updates. In case you have an iPhone and want to renew your Twitter app, you just have to follow these instructions that we are going to give you:
- The starting point is to search for the Apple digital store . Take your phone and, as if you were going to download any application, search the App Store and enter it by pressing its icon.
- When you’re inside, forget about all the content that appears on the screen and focus on the toolbar at the bottom. Go to the right area and click on the “Updates” option . If there are any pending, a red circle will appear with a number indicating how many are left to install.
- Within the screen that now appears you will see an extensive list of apps. What remains to be done is to go down until you find “ Twitter ”. If you have a newer version available, you will see the “Update ” button on your right . Press it.
- Now, just wait . You may be asked a question about permissions or to know if you are sure you want to install the update. Accept and let the phone take care of the rest of the automated process.
These two ways are the main alternatives in case you have eliminated the option to perform automatic updates on your phone. In the case of Android, there is also one more option that prevents you from having to resort to the Google Play Store . If that is what you are looking for, keep reading the next section. Keep reading below! .
Download and install the APK of Twitter new version for free
Android phones are generally more flexible than iPhones . In them you can install applications that do not appear in the official store just by modifying a couple of parameters in the mobile settings.
In the case of the blue bird social network, what you need to do to download and install the Twitter APK for free is to follow some fairly simple steps. In fact, we are going to explain them below so that you can do the procedure on your own and without any fear, since there will be no risk to your device:
- Before doing downloads or installations, you have to go to the configuration of your phone. Find the panel icon “Settings” , one with a gear inside, and click on it to access.
- Now, you have to look for the “Security ” section. It is usual that it is available at a glance within this panel, although it is also possible that before you have to access the option “Advanced settings” to find it. Look and go in until you find him.
- The next thing, already within this submenu, is to go to the “Apps of unknown origin” tab and activate it. It may already be activated, although, if not, you have it as easy as clicking on the button next to it.
- Now is the time to download the “ .apk ” file from Twitter. To do this, from your own smartphone, for this we provide you with the direct links above so that you can get the app for free, follow them!
- Wait for the download to finish and, when it does, extend the top bar of the main menu to open the file directly (just press it). Doing so will ask you if you want to install. Accept .
- Let the terminal work . In a few seconds you will have updated Twitter to its newest version without having to resort to the Google Play Store.