The various digital platforms have become extremely important today. This because they have had a great boom and increase over time. Both applications such as Twitter and Facebook, do not escape from this reality, because both are usually managed or used to connect with friends in a virtual way . As well as to view and share information, updates, photos and videos.
Twitter offers a section that allows you to connect your Facebook account with it, from there you can update your statuses and automatically publish them on Facebook and vice versa . But there are people who probably no longer feel comfortable with this synchronization and want to make a parenthesis in terms of the writings that they publish on their pages and simultaneously on the other platform.
It is for this reason that in the article below, we will show you step by step how you should unlink or unlink your accounts, so that your publications do not appear on both social networks . In addition, we will teach you how to permanently disconnect one platform from the other, so that you no longer have to worry about sharing post in parallel.
Steps to follow to disconnect your Twitter and Facebook account from your PC and also from your mobile device
Social networks are usually very time consuming, so much so that you are often aware of what your friends share and even personal publications, for example, if a publication was correctly uploaded to the other network .
If you are at a point where you no longer want this to happen and you prefer to prevent your messages from being disseminated in both, in this part we will explain how you can unlink the profiles from your mobile device or from the computer. This is also very convenient to do, if you were the victim of a robbery or something similar, since your security can be compromised on the networks.
Unlink from PC
In this part we explain how you should disconnect both accounts so that your information is not published on the two platforms. If you no longer use the application on your mobile device, this time we explain how to do it from your computer.
- The first thing you should do is enter your Facebook profile and go to the upper right where the settings are located. There press the “Settings” option .
- Later, you have to go to the bottom left where it says “Public publications” and access it with one click.
- After having carried out the previous step, it will appear that you have the account linked to Twitter .
- On the right side of the app you will see “Edit”, click and you will get the option to “Unlink” Twitter.
Although this is not the only thing you should do from your computer . Because you will have to deactivate the authorization you gave, but this time it is appropriate to do it from Twitter. In this way we present the next steps to follow.
- Access your account and go to the “Settings” menu that appears in the upper right corner.
- Then proceed to press “Settings and privacy” .
- Look directly on the left side and the option of “Applications” will appear, select it by clicking on it.
- Once this is done, it will appear that you are linked to Facebook. Once there you must press “Revoke access” . In this way you will already have your accounts unlinked and disconnected.
Deactivate or separate from the Android and iOS mobile
You already saw how to do it from the computer, now we will show you how you can easily and quickly unlink Twitter and Facebook from your mobile device, whether it is Android or iOS; works on both mobile operating systems.
- Go directly to the Facebook application and look for the “Settings and privacy” / “Settings” section .
- In the personal information manager known as “Account Settings” . Select the “Applications” alternative .
- Access the first option that says “Session started with Facebook . “
- When you reach this step, you will have to look in the “Assets” tab of the social network. Then press the option “Delete application” .
- Later it will ask you to ratify your decision. Accept and in this way you will have already disconnected both applications from your mobile device.
How do I unlink my posts from my Facebook page that are automatically posted on Twitter?
The connection that may exist at the time of generalizing content on both networks can be good at first and very comfortable, since this facilitates the dissemination of materials instantly on two platforms at the same time. But what if there are posts that you only want to share on a single network? This is where the problem arises, since the account is linked, everything will be disclosed and there will be no way to stop this from happening other than by unlinking them.
Although if at a certain moment you want to share something, you can do it manually. Now, in the next part of this article we will tell you what are the steps that you will have to take to unlink your Facebook page with the Twitter application .
- First, you have to log into your Twitter account and go to “Settings” .
- Then, on the left side you will see several options, select “Profile” .
- Now, you will see that at the bottom there is an alternative to disconnect your Facebook page from Twitter . There you will have to click where it says “Disconnect” and in this way your publications will be unlinked.