The social network Facebook is mainly about sharing with different people and creating different spaces where information exchanges can be carried out. Among them, the publications as well as the comments and responses stand out, but also, you can publish photos or albums and tag a friend. The process varies a bit, depending on whether it is done on the computer or through the mobile application.
Although you can tag people or pages in Facebook posts, there are certain sites where you can only mention friends who are added to the list. In this article you will find a guide to know the different ways to tag someone on Facebook, either to a page or person, through a mobile application or from the browser on the computer.
From the computer
There are different sections of the platform, where a label can be made. Either in the comments, publications and responses of Facebook the process is very similar, although it may vary a bit if they are labels on photos or albums.
Posts, Comments and Responses
In this section you will find a guide on how to make these labels or mentions in Facebook posts, comments and responses:
- Enter the text box where you want to tag someone, either in comments, responses or in a post.
- Write @ along with the name of the person or page you want to tag. This will open a list of contacts.
- Click on the name of the person or page and this will be all it takes to mention it in the comment or post.
Only when creating a post, you have another way to tag someone, unlike in comments and responses where you can only use at. However, by doing this you will only be able to tag friends added on Facebook. The following steps work as a replacement for step 2:
- Click on the ” Tag friend ” button.
- A new text box will appear where you can enter the name of the account to be tagged. When you open it, you will find the list mentioned in step 3 and you can choose who to tag, press the name to select it.
A picture on the wall
You will be able to tag friends in your Facebook photos before posting and after posting, but the corresponding step-by-step may vary. Therefore, you will find a guide for each of these situations separately below.
When you upload a photo to your Facebook wall, you can tag the people you were with or simply who you want to see the photo. The procedure to make this label will be explained below:
- You will be able to find in the news section a button for the publication of “ Photo / Video ”, press it.
- A folder will open, select the photo that you would like to upload to the social network.
- A space will appear to tag your friend through the tag symbol, press it.
- Enter the name of the person you want to tag and a list of friends will be displayed.
- You just have to click on the name you prefer.
- It will be added to the list of tagged people.
- Repeat the operation as many times as necessary and click on “Done”.
Posted on your wall
If you’ve shared any photos on your wall and you’ve forgotten to tag the people you were with, you can do so by editing the post. The step by step to tag photos already published on your wall will be detailed:
- Click on the button indicated with 3 dots, located in the upper right corner.
- Several options will be displayed, select ” Edit publication “.
- A box with several options will open, click on the ” Tag friends ” button.
- There is a space to tag people, you just have to write the name.
- A list of friends will be displayed that you can add, click on the name to select it.
- Repeat the operation as many times as necessary.
- Once this is done, press ” Done ” and the publication will be saved with the tags you added.
To tag a friend in a photo album already published or to be published, the first thing you should do is enter ” Photos ” from your profile. The next steps will depend on whether you want to tag someone in an album that has already been published or in one that you are about to publish.
To create a new photo album on Facebook and tag your friends, go to the Photos tab on your profile and follow the steps described:
- Click on the box that says ” Albums ” and click on the plus sign ” + “.
- A folder on your computer will open immediately, choose all the photos you want to share in the album.
- You can assign the title and description you want to the album or leave these spaces blank and it will be published as “Untitled”.
- To tag friends, you will have to click on the photos.
- Then, write the name of the person or page to mention which will open a list of options, select the correct one by clicking.
The last step can be repeated with each image to which you want to add a tag or simply access the comments section at the end of the album once published and tag everyone there.
If you’ve shared an album on Facebook but forgot to tag your friends, you can do it even if it’s already uploaded. To achieve this, you must enter the ” Photos ” section from your profile and follow these steps:
- Go to the ” Albums ” tab .
- Click on the album you want to tag.
- Look at the end of the album for the comments section. Tagging here is the same as tagging the entire album.
- Write @ followed by the name of the person you want to tag.
- A list of friends will be displayed , select who you want to tag.
With the app
In this section, you will find a guide to create labels on Facebook from the application. The process is very similar to that carried out from the computer, although it may vary in some details.
Posts, Comments and Responses
Tagging a person in Facebook posts, comments or responses from the application is simple since you only have to use the at sign (@). Follow these steps to achieve it:
- Enter in the text box, where you want to tag a person.
- Type @ with the name of the page or person to open a list of contacts.
- To finish, you just have to click on the name belonging to the account you want to tag.
It’s easy to tag in a photo if you’re posting it. Here are the steps to follow to upload a photo to the social network Facebook and mention one or more friends:
- Create a post in the status section by clicking ” Photo “.
- This will take you to the gallery where you can select the photo you want to share.
- Click on the icons that are located at the bottom of the publication, to display the options.
- Select ” Tag Friends.”
- This button will display a list of friends where you can choose who you want to tag in the publication. Click on the names to select them and press ” DONE ” when you are done.
- Another alternative to tag people in a Facebook photo is to use at (@) in the description along with the name.
In the event that you want to mention someone in a previously published photo, the steps will be identical to the example with the computer. You will have to edit the publication, and add the tag.
You can tag your friends in a photo album from the application from the news section. The steps are very simple, you just have to do the following:
- In the news section, create a post by pressing ” Photo “.
- The application will automatically open your gallery, so that you can select photos.
- Once you have chosen the photos, click on ” Choose a design ” to customize the album publication format.
- Choose a column layout.
- Click on the icons to display different options.
- Select ” Tag Friends.”
- A list of friends will appear, click on the ones you want to tag and click “ DONE ”.
- Another alternative is the description of the publication. Type @ and a list of your contacts will open. You can write the name of the person you want to mention and it will appear.
- Press ” Album ” to save it.
- Select ” CREATE NEW ALBUM “.
- You will have to add a name to the album and press ” CREATE “.
- Once this is done, you will return to the publication and you just have to press the ” PUBLISH ” button .
If you want to tag an already published photo album, the steps will be identical to those indicated through the computer. Go to the album and tag the friends you want in the comment section using at (@).