Tinder is an application to meet people close to you. Even with different options and the Premium membership you have the opportunity to see those who are in other countries or continents. All those users who register in this app must show a name, some personal photos and a short biography (optional) in which they describe their hobbies, hobbies or tastes. Conversations can be started if both people match (press “Like”) the profile.
In view of this, in this article you will learn how to start a conversation on Tinder with some tips, steps and explanations. Once the two have coincided, a small chat room will automatically open where they can write and get to know each other better. However, the ideal is that the communication flows and is not common, monotonous or boring. Similarly, the app offers you some questions with which you can start the conversation in a dynamic and entertaining way.
If you have a good profile set up in the application, you should only start to see the photos of people close to you, however, to start the chat room it is necessary to do “Match”. The more people you press “Like”, the more chances you have to open a conversation. For that, it is also necessary that you activate the notifications in Tinder so that it can notify you about your future chats. So, take a look at these steps:
- Open Tinder on your computer or smartphone.
- Click on the profile icon.
- Select ” Settings.”
- Swipe and go to Notifications. Press ” Push notifications “.
- Activate the first three prompts.
- When you ” Match ” with a person, you will receive the notification and you will see a message box where you can write what you want and press ” Send “.
28 phrases to start a conversation
Getting to know a different person is a complicated process for those who are usually introverted or shy. To start a conversation it is important to be genuine, eloquent or creative. If you need a boost, Tinder also has some unusual ideas to show initiative and flow naturally. Similarly, if you want other help, consider these phrases that will be shown here.
One way to break the ice in a conversation and learn more interesting information about the other person is by asking questions. These can be about favorite food, particular tastes in extreme activities, possible future trips, choosing between two options, etc. If you want to start with any questions, detail the ones that will be placed below:
- Cinema or theater?
- ¿ Do you like to eat after meeting Paris?
- Which country would you like to visit?
- Which movie do you get tired of watching?
- Summer or winter?
- What would be the best birthday present for you?
- Sushi or pizza?
- Dogs or cats? Street or race? / What is your favorite breed of dog?
Starting the conversation with games challenges the other person’s wit, knowledge, and intelligence. This can be a double-edged sword that many people may not respond to at first, but surely many others will want to respond. If you take a chance with this start, read some ideas:
- Tell me 3 things about yourself. 2 of them must be true and one must be a lie. I’ll try to guess the lie.
- I am going to put in a 6 letter word but I will only show 2 and you will try to guess which word it is. You have 4 chances.
- I’m going to send you several emoticons and you tell me which is the Disney movie.
- What is the error of the following: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- If I told you a phrase, would you guess the song ?
- Two extreme options and you only have to choose one: (here you put a couple of fun options that you can think of).
- I will tell you two phrases of a song and you tell me who or who sings it.
Interests or activities
Art in general, food and physical activities bring many people together. This can be seen in the profile photos or in those linked to Instagram where they will show the music they like, the countries they have visited, if they like vegetarian food, the sports activities they have done, etc. In those cases, you can ask any of these questions:
- What is the movie or series that you recommend the most on Netflix / horror / comedy?
- What places do you visit during your vacation?
- I saw that you love (any sport, dance, instrument, physical or cultural activity that you have seen on their profile)! What do you recommend me to start?
- What is the food like in (the country the other person has visited)?
- If you could take three books with you on a trip to Ireland (or whatever country you want), what would they be?
- What book do you get tired of reading?
- So you like (the artist you have seen in his bio)! Have you seen / read / heard their latest hit?
If you are interested in flirting, you must be very careful and respectful. The other person may feel uncomfortable and may not dare to respond and even press the “Unmatch” option. Therefore, it is important to use witty compliments that can make the other person laugh or phrases that highlight a physical attribute with great respect:
- Do they call you Google? Because you have everything I’m looking for.
- I hadn’t had a wish fulfilled until now we did Match!
- How beautiful / handsome you are! I didn’t think we were going to do Match.
- What a beautiful smile!
- What spectacular eyes!
- I love your hair!
- Have you been told that that color of shirt looks fantastic on you?
Common mistakes to avoid
Apathy in conversation can be witnessed for a number of reasons. It may be because you’ve made obvious claims that are already in your bio description, or questions that are answered with a yes or no. Similarly, it also depends on the interest of the other person. However, take into account these tips that will be shown:
Don’t be afraid to express yourself
Tinder is one more app where you can meet people. Although the platform has been linked to find a partner or flirt with those who attract you physically, you can also express that you do not have those interests and that you are only looking to meet potential friends. Do not worry about not fitting in at first, later you will find those who also share and respect your tastes.
Yes and no questions
They are not bad at all, but they do not allow development in a conversation or do not offer other topics to discuss since they are only based on a simple answer. The important thing is to generate questions whose answers must be formulated and thought by the other person so that it can be known in which aspects they coincide.
Try not to have spelling mistakes
Spelling-free writing is highly valued today. In fact, people who carefully take care of their accents, exclamation marks, and question marks make an impression and prove themselves to be educated and eloquent, arousing some interest. Also, it’s nice to see full messages like “Hello! How’s it going?” and not a “Ola kriño, km stas?” However, this will also depend on how you perceive these details.
As you can see, some nifty initiatives on how you can start a conversation on Tinder have been demonstrated here to get you off on the right foot. You will be able to find many friends or perhaps a partner in the application. The possibilities are varied but the important thing is that you feel comfortable with the person with whom you are talking.