Today, TikTok is one of the most famous social networks worldwide and, unlike other recognized platforms, it managed to obtain a greater number of downloads in less time . Which, basically, is due to its short video format that is committed to entertainment and fun, through all the tools provided by the TikTok video editor .
As a consequence, most people have chosen to make themselves known through said social media app, with the aim of taking advantage of its coverage and optimizing its visibility to create an online presence and even become an influential profile . Which is why TikTok has more than 800 million active users .
Now, one of the best advantages of this Chinese social network is that it allows you to share or export the videos published there with other famous platforms such as WhatsApp and Instagram . This being an option that many users are interested in knowing how to handle and because of this, here we will let you know what you should do to publish your TikTok content on your WhatsApp account and your Instagram profile .
Learn step by step how to share TikTok videos on WhatsApp
Par excellence, WhatsApp is the most widely used instant messaging app globally and that is why it has more than 2,000 million active users in the world. Thanks to this figure, it is the second most popular social network on the planet, after the legendary Facebook. For this reason, users who share videos on TikTok are also inclined to publish them through WhatsApp to entertain their contacts and gain visibility .
Fortunately, the social network of Chinese origin allows the publication of its videos on any other social platform, without any limitation. However, when doing so, the service does not have the specific option to run it and, therefore, tiktokers have to take other ways to share their clips on WhatsApp . Either to send it directly to a contact or to upload it in the state.
In this sense, we proceed to explain each step to follow to publish the TikTok videos on WhatsApp, starting from one of the following alternatives:
To a contact
Although there are other techniques, certainly, the one that we will introduce you to here is much easier to carry out . Given that, it simply requires downloading the TikTok video to send and choosing the contact with whom you want to share said content.
Next, we will show you step by step the process to carry out to send your clip to a WhatsApp contact, correctly:
- First of all, go to your TikTok account and from your profile page (in the “Me” section at the bottom), find and open the video you want to send through the instant messaging app .
- Now, viewing the clip in question, go to the right side of the screen and at the bottom, press the three dots to open the options menu .
- Next, select the option that says “Save video . ” Usually this is in the first position.
- Once you do the above, the system will start saving the clip in question and will show you when the upload is complete with the message “Video saved” .
- Next, access your WhatsApp account and find the chat of the person with whom you want to share your video, through the contact list.
- After opening the corresponding chat, all you have to do is choose the icon to attach files and click on “Gallery” to search there for the TikTok video that you have previously saved.
- Finally, press the Send button (the green and white one) so that the content reaches that contact from the instant messaging app.
In a state
While it is true, WhatsApp statuses also allow you to show videos to your contacts and how it is characterized by being a section of the app that manages to indirectly capture the attention of other users, it is considered a good option to display your content created on TikTok .
Taking into account that, in this case, you have at hand two alternatives to publish the clip . Basically, the first option available is similar to the process explained above, because the video must be downloaded in order to publish it . While, the other alternative is based on sharing it directly from TikTok .
For its part, to begin with, we will explain how to share your TikTok videos in a WhatsApp Status by downloading these elements manually:
- Enter your account of TikTok, access your profile and find the video you want to upload on WhatsApp .
- After opening the video in question, choose the three points to see the options menu and there, select “Save video . ” Automatically, it will be stored in your gallery.
- Next, enter your WhatsApp and choose the “States” tab to click on “My status” which is the option that allows you to add updates.
- Later, the camera will open from this panel and at the bottom, you can locate the downloaded video to select it .
- To conclude, you only have to press the Send button and immediately, it will be set as Status in your WhatsApp account .
Now, the other option available to do this is to do it directly from the app of Chinese origin . Assessing that, for it to be available on your TikTok account , it will need to be public . Therefore, if your account is private, it is best to switch to a public account from Settings and privacy.
Then do the following:
- Initially, enter your TikTok profile by selecting the “Me” icon at the bottom from the feed. In order to find and open the video to share .
- After that, choose the three points that are on the side of the screen and once the menu in question is observed, several options will appear.
- At this point, you have to click on “WhatsApp Status” which corresponds to the Status of WhatsApp.
- Once this is done, your WhatsApp account will automatically open and there, you have to click on the “My status” option for it to be published .
On the other hand, both to send your video to a WhatsApp contact as well as to upload it in your State, you can use a third-party app. This is known as “Video Downloader for TikTok” and is based on a tool that allows you to download HD videos from TikTok without a watermark and even without having to log in .
In this case, the steps to follow are:
- Start by looking for the URL of the video to download on TikTok. To do this, open the clip in question from your profile and select the three-dot icon . Then, in the “Share in” section, choose the “Copy link” option .
- Next, when you have downloaded the application in question, you have to open it to be able to paste the link that you copied through TikTok, using the button that says “Copy URL And Download Video” In this way, the content will be downloaded there.
- Once this is done, it is time to press the Share button that can be seen in the lower right corner.
- Finally, among all the available options, select WhatsApp and then choose what you prefer to do (whether to send the video to a contact or present it as WhatsApp Status).
Learn the steps to share your TikTok videos with Instagram followers and any other social network
Just as you can easily share your TikTok videos on WhatsApp, it is also possible to do so on Instagram and other social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Telegram and even through email .
To do so, the required process consists of:
- To get started, go to the TikTok app and access your account. Then, from the feed, select the “Me” icon at the bottom to access your profile.
- From that page, find the video you want to share on another platform and choose it to be able to watch it.
- Next, press the three-dot icon that is on the right side at the bottom and thus, you will see several available options.
- Now, to publish your video on Instagram, you have two options : in the feed and in the stories. To share it as a new post, click on “Instagram” and to post it for 24 hours only, select “Stories” .
- On the other hand, if you want to share it as a new publication on Facebook, you have to click on the logo of the social network . In case you want to send it by Facebook Messenger, click on “Messenger” .
- If you want to show your TikTok content to your Twitter followers , you simply have to choose the “Twitter” option from “Share on” .
- For more options available on your mobile device, you have to click on “Other” (at the end of all options).
What about videos that are longer than 30 seconds? How do they reproduce in the States?
By default, when sharing videos through WhatsApp Status, they allow a duration that is totally limited and cannot exceed the allowed time . Which is only 30 seconds long and because of this, if the content exceeds that amount of time, it will be impossible for it to appear complete as a single clip .
This is why most TikTok users who choose to publish their content in this section of WhatsApp wonder what happens to their videos if they last longer than 30 seconds ; Since the Chinese social network supports the creation and publication of videos of up to 60 seconds . This being, the biggest question to know how these elements are reproduced in the States of the instant messaging app, under this condition .
Thus, we clarify that, if this happens, the video will be played separately for the other viewers . This means that your WhatsApp contacts will be able to see the entire video in question, but in several clips . Reason why the application shortens them to a certain point which is when the 30 seconds allowed by the application are met. However, in this way, they do not look bad in the WhatsApp Status .