Sharing stories on Instagram is something relatively new for users of this digital community. Well, previously third-party applications were required, such asRepost for Instagram orRegram Posts to make this possible. However, the developers behind the app included this feature in one of the latest updates to the platform.
Something that millions of people around the world thanked the photography social network. Well, they have the possibility of sharing content in which they were tagged and even their own content on other social interaction platforms, such as WhatsApp or Facebook. For this to be possible, you simply have to follow a few simple steps that you can learn throughout this post.
From the phone
To share Instagram stories from your mobile you have the option of doing it from the app’s own platform or, if you wish, go to third-party applications, such as those mentioned above. The steps for each of these alternatives may vary, although they all lead to the same goal.
Share a new story
This is a simple process that does not take more than a few moments, pay attention to the instructions and put them into practice with your best stories.
- Access your Instagram account from the mobile app.
- Click on ” Your story.”
- Create your content using Instagram tools and hit ” Send to “.
- In the next window, you must select the contacts with whom you want to share the story.
- In case you want to share your content also on Facebook, press the ” Edit ” option .
- When everything is ready, hit ” Share.”
Note: Some steps may vary slightly depending on the version of Instagram you have on your mobile.
Share your already published stories
If the content you want to share has already been published in your biography, you have the option to share it through the different options available on your cell phone (WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram, etc.). To do so, you just have to follow these instructions:
- Login to your Instagram account and click on ” Your story.”
- Click ” Share on ” in the lower right corner of the screen.
Note : If you have more than one story in your feed, press the screen until you reach the one you want to share.
- Select the means by which you want to share your Instagram story.
- Complete the necessary steps, depending on the option you have chosen.
Share stories from other accounts
If you want to share stories from other accounts that you follow with someone else in your contact list, because you think it might be useful or you just liked it and you want the other person to see it too, you can follow these steps:
- Open the story you want to share.
- Click on the icon of the paper plane located at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the contact (s) you want to share the content with and the story will be sent automatically.
Note : In case you want to add a message to accompany the image or video, you must write it in the blank field before selecting the recipients.
The developers behind Instagram have been in charge of including the app’s functions one by one, in its web version. So it is also possible to share stories from the PC, following the instructions described below:
- Login to your Instagram account from the web version.
- Click on the story you want to share.
- Click on the icon of the paper plane at the bottom of the Stories window.
- Select the person you want to send the message to.
- Click ” Send “.
If you want to verify that the content was sent without problems, go to your private message box and check the chat with the person you chose.
By following these simple but effective instructions, you can share all the content you want, as long as it is available. This includes featured Instagram stories, although you should keep in mind that those that do not belong to the latter group will disappear within 24 hours. Therefore, the receiver must view said content before the time expires.