To download all the photos from your Facebook profile, there is a button in the settings section. The main function is to create a downloadable copy of all the information related to your account, but it is possible to obtain a file that contains only the photos and videos that you have shared on the social network. Although this process can be carried out both from the mobile phone and from the PC, it is necessary to take into consideration certain aspects.
If you want to download a copy of all your photos on Facebook, you should know that this process can take a while since there are surely many photos. Likewise, the file to download is heavy, so it is recommended to carry out the process from the computer and through a stable Internet connection. In this post you will find the procedure for both cases, learn more about it, below.
From the computer
To download all the photos that you have shared on your Facebook account from your computer, first go tohttps://www.facebook.com/ and log into your account. Then follow the steps explained below.
- Press the arrow that indicates the Facebook drop-down menu and select ” Settings and Privacy.”
- Click on ” Settings “.
- Click on the ” Your Facebook information ” section.
- Then press the ” Download your information ” section.
- Then you must choose the period for which you want a copy of the photos, the format and the quality. By default, the download is configured for all your data from the moment you open the account on Facebook, in an HTML format and in High quality. Make sure to uncheck the other options to copy only the media files that you shared. Once this is done, click ” Create file “.
- Facebook will send you a notification, press it to go to the space where the file is ready to download.
- Click on ” Download “.
- As a security measure, you will be asked to enter your Facebook password. Write it in the text box and press ” Send “.
Once you have completed these steps, the download of all the photos stored on your Facebook profile will start automatically . You just have to wait for the process to finish to save them on your computer.
From mobile device
To download all the photos from your Facebook profile from your mobile device, you must use the official application. The Lite alternative does not have this function, possibly because the download can consume a lot of browsing data, which contradicts the concept of an option that allows you to save data, among other things.
If you want to make a copy of your Facebook photos on your phone, it is recommended to turn off mobile data and use a WiFi connection. Also, you should make sure you have enough storage space. To download all the photos, log in to your account and follow these steps:
- Open the drop-down menu located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Press ” Settings and privacy “.
- Click on the ” Settings ” option .
- Locate a button that says ” Download your information ” and press it.
- By default, all the data that you can download will be marked, so you must unmark them. Select only ” Photos and Videos.”
- Next you will have to choose a format, quality and most importantly, a period of time within which the files you want to download will be searched. Once these data have been set, press ” CREATE FILE “.
- Once this is done, you will see a notice that the requested copies are being created. You can do anything while you wait, as the process can take time.
- You will receive a notification when the procedure has been completed. Click on it to go directly to the location of the file.
- You must press the ” Download ” button . You may be required to enter your password for security reasons.
After completing these steps, you will only have to wait for the download process to finish, which can take several minutes since they are usually very large files.
What to do if it throws an error
There are several factors that can cause an error when downloading all the photos from your Facebook profile. If this happens, you have several options with which you could solve the problem:
- Check the connection : If this is the problem, you should wait to have a stable Internet service, you could try when fewer devices are found using the same WiFi connection. On the other hand, the use of mobile data is not recommended.
- Download from the computer : Problems related to storage space are more common on mobile devices than on the PC, so it is recommended to use it over a Smartphone. Even if you started the process on your cell phone, you can download from your computer without any inconvenience, as the copy will be available on the platform until the expiration date indicated in the file information.
- Try with shorter periods of time : By choosing shorter periods of time, the file will be less heavy and easier to download, even from a Smartphone or Tablet.
- Problems to see the photos : If you cannot open the photos on your device, it is because it is a compressed file and you will have to use a program to unzip it.
This is all you need to know to save and download all the photos from your Facebook profile, either using the mobile application or from the PC. Thanks to this process you will have a file with all your photos and videos uploaded to the social network, in offline format.
There are many moments that are captured in photographs or videos and then uploaded to social networks. If for some reason you have lost the originals, downloading all the photos from your Facebook profile is an excellent way to recover all those memories frozen in time and save them on your computer or mobile device.