Most social networks allow users to share content that they find interesting, important, or fun. For example, Facebook does it through its ” share ” button , while Twitter lets you ” retweet ” any publication. Snapchat, for its part, has the option to send Snaps from other accounts, but Instagram apparently does not have any of these functions.
Although the photography social network recently allowed the sharing of stories or “Stories”, as ephemeral publications are known, this is still not available for other types of content. However, there are simple ways to Repost on Instagram, either using a third-party application or applying the “Screenshot” technique. See how to do it below.
Taking a screenshot on your mobile
This is nothing more than taking the screen capture of your mobile, through the special combination of keys volume down + turn off for a few seconds. In this way, an image of what appears on the cell phone for that moment will be saved instantly, then you just have to make the publication on Instagram from your account. This way you will be able to make a Repost, simple and fast.
Remember to mention the account that originally made the post to avoid copyright issues. It is important to mention that some devices, such as Samsung (certain models in particular), require the combination of keys volume down + off + home. For their part, Huawei, Xiaomi and other brands have a shortcut in the notification bar that allows you to capture.
Using third party apps
Applications like Repost for Instagram andReposter for Instagram allow you to save and share the content of any account from your own profile. All are available on Google Play for free download. Learn how to use them right now.
Repost for Instagram
The first step to make Repost through this application is to download and install it on your mobile, you can do it from thislink. When you have it on your cell phone, follow the procedure explained below:
- Open Instagram.
- Press ” More ” (the three vertical dots).
- Select ” Copy link ” or ” Share to.”
Note : If you select the second option, click on the Repost icon and continue with the steps.
- Open “Repost for Instagram”. The application will recognize the link automatically, click on it and go to the next step.
- Choose whether or not to apply the watermark with the name of the account that made the publication. The app offers you several alternatives for this. It is recommended to do this to avoid future copyright problems.
- Once you have the appearance of the image or video set, choose between “Repost”, “Save” (Save) or “Share” (share).
Each of them has a specific function:
- Repost : gives you the option to publish the content exactly as it was published on Instagram.
- Save : save the file on your cell phone.
- Share : allows you to share the post on another of your platforms.
Reposter for Instagram
The steps for Reposter are similar to those of the previous app. Download and install the app on your phone from thislink and complete the process by following the directions below:
- Run Reposter for Instagram.
- Click on the Instagram icon located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the publication you want to share and click on the icon with the three vertical buttons.
- Choose ” Copy link “.
- Reposter will issue a notification on your cell phone that the post was copied successfully. Click on it and go to the next step.
- The image will be shown to you with editing options. Apply the changes you consider necessary and press ” Repost “.
Note : It will be necessary to grant the necessary permissions to the app to be able to make the Repost.
With any of these tools, you can save content and publish it as if it were yours from your Instagram account. Remember to take into account the image rights of any publication you make.