When we lose an account on Facebook, either because the same platform has blocked us or simply because at the time we delete it at will, the question always arises as to whether we can recover it. A profile on this social network is very valuable since at the time we surely share photos and important information that we can only recover by re-entering .
Fortunately, there are several ways to regain access to our profile and they are all very easy to apply . The path we take will mainly depend on what is the original reason why the account is currently blocked. These can be several and sometimes we will not need to do anything other than log in normally, but in other cases it will be necessary to apply a little more complex procedures, but nothing that you cannot learn to do.
In this article we will teach you step by step how to recover your Facebook account regardless of the reason why it is closed or you cannot enter . In this way you will be able to access your profile again and obtain that valuable information that you stored in it at the time. At the end of the text you will be an expert on the subject and you can even teach your friends how to do it.
Steps to regain access to my user account on Facebook
Next we proceed to teach you how to recover your Facebook account according to the reason why you cannot access it. You will learn everything you have to do and you will be able to apply it from your computer without problems.
If I forgot the password
This is one of the most common reasons why a person cannot access and although it seems incredible, many are the ones that end up abandoned because they do not know how to retrieve this information. But if you do the following without a doubt your profile will not suffer that fate.
- Go to Facebook.com and click on “ Forgot your account details? ”.
- Enter the email of the account you want to recover or the phone number affiliated with it.
- You need to receive a verification code to confirm that you are the owner of the profile and can change the password. Select if you want to receive this code to your inbox or with an SMS to your mobile .
- Check your email to find the code or wait for the message to the mobile. Once you have it, enter it in the corresponding field.
- Now you just have to set a new password and that’s it. You can now enter your profile without problems.
If I don’t remember my email
This usually happens a lot, since many of us open it with an email that we rarely use, which means that when we want to use it we do not remember it. Luckily, you can easily find out this information by following these steps:
- Go to Facebook.com and click on “ Forgot your account details? ”.
- Enter the phone number that you have affiliated with FB.
- A box will appear with the email information, write it down and select “send code by SMS ” to receive the verification code. If you already have the password, you can simply log in, but if you don’t know it either, you can change it with the code that will be sent to you.
Without having access to mobile or mail
In this case there is no way you can recover your account . These are the only two ways that Facebook has to verify that you are the owner of the profile and if you cannot access it then there is no certainty that it is really you. That is why in this case you can start thinking about opening a new user. What is going to happen is that after a few days it will be deactivated, which the platform will do automatically when it understands that you are currently unable to access.
Using trusted contacts
Trusted contacts are friends that you have added to the platform to which you should have given them access when you could still enter your profile, from its configuration. Thanks to this, you will be able to provide them with a URL so that they will receive the necessary recovery code so that you can change your password and easily recover your profile. The steps to apply this method are:
- On the Facebook login page click on “ Forgot your account details? ”.
- Search for your account by entering your email, phone, username or full name and wait until the platform finds your profile.
- Now you will have to choose “ You no longer have access? ”.
- Now enter a new email address or phone number to which you have access and select “Continue “.
- Click on “Reveal my trusted contacts ” and enter the full name of one of them.
- You will see a special URL containing a recovery code that only your trusted contacts have access to. Contact your friends and give them the URL so they can open the link and can send you the security code .
- Use the recovery codes they provide you to access by changing the password and that’s it.
It should be noted that this method will only be possible to apply if you have previously determined which are your trusted contacts. If you haven’t, these steps will be completely sterile. To know how to do it, simply follow these steps:
- Enter your Facebook account settings .
- Go to the “Login Settings ” section and click edit where it says “Choose friends you can ask for help if you lose access to your account .”
- A mini menu will be displayed, there you must click on “ choose friends ” and then in the pop-up message that you will see select “ Choose trusted contacts ”.
Now simply enter the name of the contact you want to add and you’re done. When you need their help just follow the steps in the process above.
If I deleted my profile
If you deleted your Facebook profile, not only people will not have access to your photos, your publications, your videos and everything you have added will be permanently deleted. You will not be able to recover what you have added, you will no longer be able to use Facebook Messenger and you should know that you will not be able to activate it again.
Fortunately, recovering your voluntarily deleted account is as easy as logging into FB again. However, this cannot always be done. The moment you deleted the account, you should have read a warning that said that after a certain time it would be completely deleted. So if that time has passed, you will not be able to use that profile again.
If my Facebook was stolen or hacked
If it was the case that your profile was hacked, any of the previous steps. You should always consider having your phone with the number that you associated with your Facebook account or simply your email so that it is easy for you to get the codes that the system sends you to recover your information.
If Facebook has disabled you
If Facebook disables your profile, you will not be able to access it until the limitation is removed. This could have happened if you committed faults to the rules of coexistence of the application such as:
- Sharing photos and inappropriate content (nudity, pornography, content that discriminates).
- If you made an offensive comment to another user.
- Harass or instigate other users.
- Impersonate someone else’s identity.
- Using a fake name.
In this case, depending on the fault committed, it may remain temporarily or permanently disabled. If you consider that your account has been unfairly limited, you simply have to enter this link , complete it and wait for a response from the platform.