For one reason or another, users often lose their account, this because they stopped using their account for a long time and now they do not remember it or simply because they forgot their password. Fortunately, Twitter has made available several options to be able to recover the password of a Twitter account.
Recover an account from the application on Android
The process is quite simple if you want to do it from a device that has the Android operating system. It is one of the great advantages that Twitter has. Of that there should be no doubt. The steps you must follow are described below.
- You must have the official Twitter application downloaded on your mobile device. If you still do not have it, you can go directly to it in Google Play by clicking on thislink.
- You open the application, on the main screen you must click on the option Sign in.
- Later, you have to click on Forgot your password?
- In this part, a text box will be displayed in which you must write the username, email or phone number that you used to register.
- Once you enter any of this information, you press the Search button. In seconds you will have two options to recover your account: send a code to the registered phone number or a link to the registered email.
- When you have received the code you have to enter it in the app to change the password. If you receive the link in your email, you must click on it to be able to change the password.
Recover an account from the app on iOS
If you have the problem that you cannot access your Twitter account from your iPhone or iPad, you don’t have to worry. Because it is very simple to recover your account in a few simple steps.
- You must enter the App Store directly on your device or do it from this link. When you already have the application downloaded, you must run it.
- Once open, you have to click on the option that says Forgot your password? And you will have a couple of options to be able to recover your account. It is just a matter of writing your username, phone number or email that you registered.
- Once written, you must press the search button. If the account is available you will have two options to recover the account. What is receiving a code by SMS or a link in the email that you have registered with the account.
- When you have completed one of the two options, you will have a form to reset your password. And the process will be finished, you will be able to use your account again as normal.
Recover account from mobile browser
If you do not use the official Twitter application on your mobile device, you should not worry, because there is also the possibility of doing the procedure using your mobile web browser. The procedure quite simple.
- You go to the page https://twitter.com/ in your mobile browser. You will be redirected to the mobile version of the page
- Once there, you have to click on the white button with a blue border that says ” Sign in “.
- At the bottom of the screen you see the option Forgot your password? And you have to click on this option.
- Enter your username, email, or the phone number you used to sign up.
- Once done, you have to verify that you have the account number using a verification code or a link in your email.
- When you have completed the verification, Twitter will give you access to a form to set your new password.
Recover account from PC
In the event that you need to have your account in use again and that for some reason you do not have the password. You will easily be able to recover it, without the need to use a mobile device for it, much less the official app.
- The first step is to access Twitter.com directly from your web browser.
- Once there, you must click on the option that says “Forgot your password?” which is located at the top of the right side of the page.
- When you click there, you have to write your username or email and you must click Search.
- When your account is found, you have to enter the verification code or through the link you receive in your email.
- When you complete it, you will have to enter your new password.
The only way in which you cannot recover your account is when you have deactivated it and allowed the 30 days established in the Twitter rules to pass. Also, there is the possibility of not recovering it if you do not have access to the email or phone number provided at the time of your registration.
In general, Twitter offers a very easy and fast way to get your account up and running again.