Stories on Instagram have become so popular that they are currently used by more than 400 million users around the world. That is why its developers are always looking for a way to include news to continue entertaining the community, such as adding music to the ephemeral publications of the photography app, without the need for external programs.
Something quite new with which everyone can have fun and add an even more original touch to their favorite moments. It is something simple to do and to master by any user of the platform, even if they are just starting out. To learn how to include music in Instagram stories, read this post to the end.
Steps to do it
The most popular musical themes of the moment are part of the stories of Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, etc. And putting them in your own publications is extremely simple and fast. It doesn’t take more than a couple of minutes, if you’re good at deciding. Pay attention to the steps and start adding more personality to your Stories.
- Access your Instagram account from the app installed on your mobile. Well, this function is not available in the web version.
- Create a new story. To do this you must click on “Your story” at the top of the Instagram interface.
- Once there, you will have to select the content to upload in your Feed. You can choose a video or a photograph, you also have the possibility to create your Storie from text written by you. So, in the end, the limit is up to you. Note : You can mute the audio in your file, in case you choose to upload audiovisual content. In this way, only the song that accompanies the story will be heard.
- Add the music. At this point, you must click on the stickers icon located in the upper options bar.
- Select ” Music ” from the options menu.
- Once there, 2 sections will appear in which you can choose the piece of music that best suits your content, “ For you” and “Explore ”. The first shows the main trends, based on your behavior within the platform. While the second option includes a varied musical repertoire that is distributed in different categories, including: happiness, love, hip hop, among others. To add it, simply click on the album thumbnail. Note : You can also search directly by song name, via the built-in search engine at the top. To make sure it’s the one you’re looking for, press the “Play” button on the right side of the screen.
- Select the start time of the song by simply moving the marker within the timeline.
Note : Within the editor, you also have the possibility to change the animation of the text. That is, the way it appears while the music is playing or the color of it, if you prefer.
- You can add other fun features to your story to make it more original. Try GIFs, locations, time, and even tag your friends directly so they can see it.
- When you have established how the lyrics of the song will appear, press “Done” and continue with the process.
- When everything is ready, press “Your story”. By doing so, it will start to be published, wait while it finishes and everything will be ready.
Note : You can also press ” Best friends ” to share it with your contacts in this list or ” Send to ” to publish it on Facebook, among your Featured Stories or through a DM. Select the option that best suits your style and share your content so that everyone can see it.
If you followed all the steps to the letter, you will have a fantastic story on your Instagram profile, which your followers will be able to see. You can do this as many times as you want, as there are no limits (so far) for it.