POF, also known as Plenty of Fish, is one of the most used dating websites in the world. It was acquired by the Match company in 2015, a company that also owns the very popular Tinder application . With its particular questionnaire that allows you to find compatible people anywhere in the world, this service has managed to quickly gain millions of active users.
As it is a website created exclusively to meet people and establish relationships of all kinds, many times the idea of using the service is temporary for various reasons, after this time comes the idea of eliminating the POF account. You may have already met the ideal person, the service has not met your expectations or you simply need to delete your account and then create a new one with improvements. Fortunately, deleting the POF account is not complicated and you can do it in a matter of minutes.
Here at InfoCuentas, we guide you through the Plenty of Fish account deletion process , better known as POF.
How to delete POF account
Through a section that can be accessed from the POF help center, it will be possible to delete your account in a matter of minutes. Of course, first the platform will try to persuade you not to delete your account, but this is normal considering that no service wants to lose users. We show you the procedure to delete your POF account from your computer.
- From your computer, enter the address https://es.pof.com/es_deleteaccountb.aspx using your preferred browser.
- Log in by entering your data, username and password.
- Then, you must specify a reason why you want to unsubscribe from POF. In addition, POF will ask you how many dates you have had and if you would recommend the service to other people. If you have found a partner, you will be asked for their username. Keep in mind that all this information is optional and the service uses it to improve.
- Upon completing the account removal form, press the ” Remove account ” button and you will have successfully removed your account.
With these steps you will have already successfully deleted your POF account and you will not be able to log in with the same information again, however, you can create a POF account at any time with the same information used in your recently deleted account.
Delete POF account from Android or iOS
To delete your POF account on your Android or iOS device, you must follow the same steps as on the computer, but using the mobile browser. We will summarize what are the steps to delete a POF account from your mobile.
- From the browser of your device with Android or iOS, access the address https://es.pof.com/es_deleteaccountb.aspx
- You will need to log in with your normal account details.
- Then, you must specify a reason why you want to unsubscribe from POF. In addition, POF will ask you how many dates you have had and if you would recommend the service to other people. If you have found a partner, you will be asked for their username. This information is optional.
- Press the ” Delete account ” button and your account will be permanently deleted.
As you will see, you do not need the official POF application to delete your account, you can simply do it from your browser. Don’t forget to uninstall the app!
Reasons to delete your Plenty of Fish account
Why does a person decide to delete their POF account? The reasons can be several, among which, we can cite some:
- The service has not met expectations. You can pass! However, you might consider improving your profile so that you get better results when it comes to finding a partner with POF.
- Have met a person. Whether through the platform or without it, meeting a person is the most common reason why users unsubscribe from POF.
- Many spam messages. As in any social service, you may be receiving many unwanted messages or from people who do not suit your tastes.
- Opt for another service. Nowadays it is possible to have a wide range of options when it comes to getting appointments online, even more so with applications that use geo-location to find people nearby.
- Other motives.
Most users of POF accounts and any other page of this type, once they have found their ideal match, prefer to unsubscribe from POF, so they will not continue to receive notifications or their profile will continue to be visited by other people.
In other cases they subscribe and after a while they decide to delete POF mail, because it does not meet their expectations, or they do not adapt to the standards of the service or they simply decide to use a different means to meet people.
Just as POF allows you to delete POF or that at a certain moment you can cancel POF subscription, it can also happen that if you violate the conditions of use of the POF service, you close your account and if this happens you will never be able to have an account again. Plenty of Fish.
The service claims to achieve that 64% of its users find a partner thanks to the service, in addition to having more than 16,000 success stories.
Uninstalling is not removing POF
The confusion between uninstalling and deleting POF account is frequent among users who enjoy the application on their mobile device.
This application is widely used because it accompanies you wherever you go, however, there are those who want to delete POF account and what they do is uninstall the application. When you uninstall the application you certainly stop receiving notifications, you cannot navigate from your mobile because you no longer have the App, however your POF account is still active.
Your profile can continue to be consulted by other users of the dating service, but notifications do not reach your mobile. The correct way to cancel the subscription is by logging in and from there follow the steps that have already been explained.
Most common impediments when trying to delete POF account
- You have forgotten your username, your password or both.
- Your profile is penalized for having violated or breached any of the rules that govern it and you do not know it; When this happens, you usually receive an email informing what happened, check your email!
- That you have the correct username and password but when you subscribed you entered a letter in uppercase or vice versa, this module to log in establishes differences between characters, uppercase and lowercase.
- At some point you closed the account thinking that you could recover it, and you did not read the specifications that told you that if you completely delete the account, in order to enter again you must create another account.
- that the email you are entering is not the email with which you initially made the subscription.
You should know that the data you enter at first is what will remain registered in your POF profile, it is suggested not to change them many times as this usually brings confusion when trying to delete POF account.
What you should know about deleting your POF account
When you have an account Plenty of Fish, have created a profile and you already have some contacts but nevertheless do not want to continue and make the decision to cancel subscription POF, you must know that it is an irreversible process.
Once you have followed each of the steps and manage to delete POF account, it is not a suspension of the service, when closing POF, if at any time you want to belong to the online dating service community again, you must start the process from zero.
You will have to fill out the registration again and create a new account, in this you will not be able to find the contacts you had in your previous account, your encounters and followers will be new.
If you have purchased a special plan and still have accounts with credits, when you close the account you lose everything and it is not refundable.