Twitter is the social network of professionals, with it you can keep in touch with clients and issue short communications. In addition, it is no secret to anyone that it is the social network par excellence of public figures, including brands or companies.
If you usually use Twitter wherever you go and on whatever device you have on hand, you need to know how to log out of Twitter on all devices ; you don’t want malicious people to enter your account. Let’s see how to do it.
From the browser
Twitter has taken care of providing security to its users in a number of ways, including two-step verification and the ability to log out of Twitter on all devices.
If you are on your computer or on your mobile device, you can close Twitter from the online platform, following the following steps:
- Login to https://twitter.com/settings/applications (the section that indicates the active sessions and connected applications) and log in to your Twitter account if you have not already done so. Another way to access this section is by accessing Twitter> Press the icon with three dots > Settings and privacy> Account> Applications and sessions.
- In the ” Sessions ” section you can see all the Twitter sessions active with your account. You can click on each of the sessions to see information on the date and time of the last activity; and if you want, end each of these sessions by clicking on “Close the session from the device that is shown”.
- To close all active sessions, press the ” Close all other sessions ” button. Pressing this button will terminate all sessions except the current one.
In the ” Applications ” section, you will be shown all the applications that use your Twitter account. This happens when you connect an app with your Twitter; which means you have granted it access. Therefore, to close it, you must press on the application and click on ” Revoke access “. In this way the application will no longer be able to use your account.
Logging out from your Android device is very easy.
- First you must go to the top menu and press the icon of your profile or the navigation menu.
- Then you must click on ” Settings and privacy “.
- Then click on ” Account “.
- There you will press the ” Close Session ” button and you only need to confirm that you want to close session of Twitter on Android.
With this you will have already closed your session on Twitter. It should be mentioned that with this process you are not deleting your account, and when you wish you can log in again with your data.
With iOS you can log out of Twitter in three different ways. Let’s see,
From the app
- Go to your profile, you can do it through the top menu.
- Then click on ” Settings and privacy “.
- Then enter where it says ” Account “.
- Finally, click on ” Close Session “.
Delete your Twitter data on the device.
- Go to the ” Settings ” of your mobile.
- Click where it says ” Twitter.”
- In case you have several accounts, press the one you want to delete.
- Click on ” Delete account “.
This option does not delete your Twitter account, it only deletes the login data on your iPhone.
In this case we will log out of the iOS applications. To do this, you must enter your browser and log into your Twitter account.
- When opening it, follow the following path: Settings and privacy / Account / Applications and sessions, as we explained at the beginning of the post.
- Now open the ” Applications ” tab .
- There, find and select the Twitter app for iPhone or iPad.
- When you find it, click on it and click on ” Revoke access “.
In the PC
- If you have Twitter installed on your computer, you will see that logging out is very simple, you just have to press the icon with three dots and click ” Close Session “. That’s it, pretty simple right?
How to activate two-step verification on Twitter
If you try to log out of your Twitter account after using it, you will not run the risk of intruders entering your account.
However, if you still want to add a little more protection to your account, you can activate two-step verification.
This function makes Twitter request additional information to confirm that it is you and thus keep your account protected. We will show you how to do it:
- Enter the profile of your Twitter account.
- Then go to ” Settings and privacy “.
- Then click on ” Account “.
- Now click where it says ” Security “.
- There you will see the option ” Login verification “.
- Check the box and a pop-up window will open explaining how this verification works.
- You must enter your password and press the ” Verify ” button .
- If you still do not have a phone number associated with your account, you must click on ” Send code ” to register it, otherwise a code will automatically arrive on your mobile.
- Enter the code and then press the ” Submit ” button .
- Finally, click on “ Get security code ”. This code is generated by Twitter and you will use it to access your account.