Today, Facebook is considered one of the fastest growing social networks in the world. Although it started as a platform to connect university students and facilitate contact between them, now it is practically a virtual white page where you can locate anyone .
Therefore, any user with an account on this social site has a long list of contacts, including family members, old friends, new friends, acquaintances from work, etc. However, Facebook is also used to search for new and old friends .
Therefore, being such a populated social network, it facilitates the search for anyone regardless of their location. But, many users do not know how to throw this search, in some cases, since they can be found with many similar matches, so here we show you several tricks to simplify the search for people on Facebook .
Steps to search and find new and old friends on Facebook
Thanks to the fact that Facebook has its own integrated search engine, in general, users choose to start their search from that search bar. Therefore, it can be considered a relatively easy process .
However, the truth is that once you write the name and surname of the person you are looking for in particular, you can find many matches and, at that point, the search can take a little more difficulty . Which is because the vast majority of people in the world manage an active account on this social network and of course, there are many people with the same names and surnames, believe it or not.
Indeed, it is advisable to use other methods to search and find friends, regardless of whether they are old or new. Best of all, these methods are also simple to execute and, below, we present them with each of their steps to follow :
From other friends accounts
Although you require the help of another person to carry out the search, it is a very effective alternative to find both new and old friends on the social network.
To do this, you simply have to do the following:
- First of all, ask one of your friends to lend you their Facebook account credentials and enter it from any browser . It is necessary that, be a person with whom you have mutual friends in real life and well, share both old and new friends.
- Later, access their profile and go to the “Friends ” section . Which is located at the bottom of the cover photo.
- Finally, stay in the section that says “All friends ” and in the search engine that contains the page, you can enter the name of the person you want to find, specifically or you can also search the entire list of friends, users that they are also your companions.
Although the latter is considered a long process, it is ideal to find a good number of friends and even those of which you did not even remember.
Apply friend search filters
It is a method that you must use from your own Facebook account and allows you to carry out a slightly more detailed search than in the previous case . Since, from this alternative, you should not be left only with the friendship suggestions that, automatically, the social network shows you continuously.
The steps to follow for this are the following:
- To start, go to your Facebook profile and look for the “ Friends ” section , as in the previous recommendation.
- After this, you will see that at the top there is a button that is identified as “+ Find friends “, which you must click to start the search of this type.
- Once this is done, they will redirect you to a new window where they show you the friend requests you have, in case you have received them. Like, some friendship suggestions from people you might know. This is generated from the things they have in common, be it a good number of friends in common, by the places where you have worked, where you live, where you study or studied, etc.
- In addition to the above, in the “Find friends ” section you have a practical and simple form that allows you to refine your search . So you can indicate the name of the person, his hometown, his current city, if they have friends in common, the institute or university where he studies or studied, the company where he works, etc.
Thanks to this form, the search process can be faster and easier, since it offers you much more precise results.
Find by email
To carry out this type of search, there are two ways. The first one, and perhaps the one you find on several websites, is through the “Friends ” section through an option identified as “Add personal contacts “, but it is possible that this does not appear to some users and, for Therefore, the search process is complicated.
For its part, the option that we will indicate here is the other way to get new or old friends using their email address . You must bear in mind that this will be satisfactory only if the email address you enter is the one that the person has registered in the social network to open their account. Otherwise, FB won’t show you matches tailored to what you’re looking for, actually.
Thus, the steps to follow are these:
- Login to your Facebook account and click on the search bar, that is, in the text field that says “Search ” in the Home section or, at the top of the “Recent news “.
- Subsequently, write there the email address of the user you want to search for . It is necessary that you enter it completely and without any errors, since FB does not have the ability to search for parts of email addresses and it does not show you similar results, in case you misspell this.
- Once you enter this, click on “See all results for … ” at the bottom of the small drop-down menu. So that, from there, the system searches for the profiles that match that email address on Facebook .
- Finally, if you do not make any mistakes when entering the email and it belongs to the user you are looking for, the person’s account will appear in the list of results and when accessing their profile, you can click on “Add friend ” if you want to have it on your friends list and chat with this person.
By related groups
With the large number of groups created in this social network, it is now also very easy to locate anyone through these groups. Therefore, if you cannot find the user when using the previous tricks, you can resort to this alternative, with which you must verify that they are Facebook groups that they may have in common, only, to make it easier.
Said groups can be from the college, university or institute where both studied, also from the company in which they worked or even commercial groups that belong to the city where they both reside.
To do this, do the following step by step:
- Go to the “Groups ” section located within the “Explore ” section in the vertical bar on the left hand side of the recent news feed in the Home part of your Facebook account.
- Later, they will redirect you to a new window where you can see all the groups to which you belong . In addition to, different categories and suggestions for you that can help you to find a friend.
- Finally, enter the groups in common with the person in question and in the “Members ” section you can use the “Find a member ” bar and enter the name of the person or, snoop through the entire list of people who belong to this group.
By city or location
Another way to perform a simple search on this social network to locate an old or new friend is through location . Taking into account that, from this section, Facebook allows you to select a specific city or town to find more specific results and through this, you will surely get whoever you want.
In this way, the step by step to follow is the one indicated below:
- In the home part of your Facebook account , go to the search bar at the top and proceed to enter the partial or full name of the user you want to find .
- Later, click on “See all results for … “, which will show you all the possible matches found in the FB database.
- Now, you can click on the “People ” section that is at the top in the third position of all the options. However, to have more options, it is recommended that you stay in the “All ” section that is in the first place.
- Now, you can see that, on the left, there is a section in a vertical position called “Filter results “, which you will use to locate a person by city.
- In that section, scroll down to the option that says “ Tagged location ”, which is the one that will allow you to enter the specific location.
- To finish, click on the option “Choose location ” and in this, they allow you to write the city you want, and then press the “Enter ” button , which will show you the people who match the name you entered and this location.
How to find new friends on Facebook without being registered on the social network?
Although this is a social network where the majority of people in the world have an active account, there are still people who are not registered in said social network and do not want to be. However, sometimes these people want to find friends on Facebook in some way that they do not need to create an account and, although it seems impossible, it is not.
Given that, today there are several tricks to perform this type of search on the social network and the most common are using Google search commands, as well as using websites that facilitate this .
Here’s how to do it:
Using Google search commands
For a long time, Google has handled a large number of commands that allow you to refine searches through the web browser . In other words, this platform places at your disposal various search commands with which you can be more specific and achieve what you need more quickly.
On this occasion, we will use the command to include words, from which we can find a known Facebook user, even if you do not have an active account on this social platform. This include command simply consists of adding a plus sign (+) right next to your search.
Fortunately, the process that you have to carry out is very simple and only, you must bear in mind that, when carrying out this type of search, you should not make any mistakes when entering the specific data of the person .
In doing so, it does the following:
- On your computer, proceed to open the Google search engine and go to the search bar.
- Once there, you must write the name of the person you want to get, followed by the plus sign (+) and after that, enter the word “Facebook ” and other additional information, if you want. This information could be your city of origin, the college or university where you study, your place of work, etc.
- To finish, simply click on the search magnifying glass or press the Enter key and immediately, the results that match it will appear. Thus, you will be able to enter these profiles (in the first option, generally) and find out if any of them is the user you are looking for.
Using external websites and applications
Another of the best solutions to find new friends on Facebook without having an account there, is using different websites or applications that allow you to search for people . These, generally, are known as people finders and always give good results. Since, they work in order to carry out a search in social networks and from this, find all the information about a certain user.
Although it is true, most of these online platforms have a very similar operation and present the ability to find a Facebook or LinkedIn profile and even locate the names of the person you are looking for, in personal blogs or on web pages, in if mention has been made of it. In addition to this, there are some websites that show photographs of people and some clues to contact them.
In order to show you how it works, we will use Pipl and here are the steps to take:
- From any web browser, access this site with the following web address: Pipl.com . You will see that it is a very simple platform, with an interesting design and best of all, it is completely in Spanish .
- Once you are inside the main page, you have to go to the search bar where you can enter the partial or full name of the person, as well as the phone number or email.
- In order to further filter the results, it also has a bar where you can enter the location of this person and to make the process faster and more specific, we recommend that you write the city where that person resides.
- Then press in the search magnifying glass or press Enter and in a matter of seconds, they will show you all the results that match .
There are also other external web pages that we recommend to search for new or old friends, without the need to register on a social network such as Facebook:
- Yasni.com : It is a website in Spanish that allows you to enter the name, surname or nickname of a person to locate it.
- WebMii.com : Another of the most used solutions to search for a person by name and surname. This is also in Spanish.
- PeekYou.com : Although it is in English, it is a good alternative to locate a user using their first name, last name, location, alias or telephone number.
How to use advanced search within Facebook to find new friends?
Previously, Facebook users could resort to an advanced search tool that, luckily for many, allowed them to find everything with complete accuracy, even when you were not clear about the precise name of the person to search for. Even, this function also offered the possibility of locating places, restaurants, etc. That someone had recommended you and whose name you did not remember well.
This, thanks to the fact that it had various search filters in a column that was identified as “Result Type “, which appeared after entering any data in the search bar at the top of the Home. In this place, you found: Featured Results, People, Pages, Places, Groups, Applications and Events .
However, the possibility of doing an “Advanced Search ” within Facebook, disappeared as of 2016 . In view of the fact that, like everything on the Internet, this social network has had many updates with which it has eliminated various tools. Therefore, now in 2019 it is not possible to carry out advanced searches when making any query within the social network.
Indeed, the best thing to do is to be very skillful when carrying out a search in the corresponding bar. That is, where you are in the recent news section. There, you can enter the full name of the person and, in addition, put the city where he lives, the institute where he studied, the company where he works, etc. For example: Pedro Perez + City where you reside + Name of the institution or university + Name of the company (of course without introducing the “+” signs).