There are different methods to save and download Facebook videos from mobile or PC. Although the procedure varies depending on the device with which you connect, it will also depend on which videos you want to keep. If it is your own, you will have more options to save the multimedia file than you have with the videos that someone else has published on the social network.
In this guide you will learn each of the aforementioned methods to download or save a Facebook video, so that you can view them whenever you want offline. You will even find the option to store them in a section of the platform, without having to download them. This method is quick and easy, perfect for those occasions when you don’t have time to complete the download process, you just have to save it to see it later.
From a phone
There are different web pages that serve to extract the video from a Facebook link and facilitate its download. While it is possible to use this tool on the PC as well, it is certainly the only alternative currently available for mobile devices. Also, the procedure is very similar on iOS and Android.
The procedure to follow on an Android device is very simple, you just have to use a web page to convert the video and download it. Some of the most recommended tools are:Savefrom.net, Getfvid.com, and FBDOWN.net. Considering this, the steps to follow using the Savefrom.net tool will be detailed below:
- Locate the video you want to download and get the corresponding link. For this, you can click on the share icon or on the drop-down menu with three parallel dots, in the upper right corner. With either of the two options, you can select ” Copy link ” to save it to the clipboard.
- Go to the tool of your choice.
- Paste the URL into the search bar and click ” Download.”
- You will have to wait for the video to convert and click ” Download ” again to get your video. Before downloading you can choose the quality between ” HD ” or ” SD “.
This is all you will have to do to download a Facebook video on your Android mobile device and it is exactly the same procedure with whatever tool you choose. After that, you just have to go to the “Downloads” folder where the file in question will be found.
To begin with, it is necessary to clarify that in iOS devices the procedure is very similar to that described in Android, since the same tools will be used. You will simply have to paste the URL of the video in the address bar of Savefrom.net or another page of this type, to convert the link into a downloadable file that you can obtain in a single click.
However, the big difference is that it will be necessary to additionally install a file manager, through which you will access the aforementioned web pages, instead of from the browser. For this we recommend downloading Documents from Readdle, also known as Documents 5 by many users. Once this is done, the steps will be the following:
- Download the mentioned application by following this link to the Official Store and open its internal browser to go to the video download tool. It can be Savefrom.net or another.