In this guide you will learn how to unlink your Instagram and Facebook accounts. The process is extremely simple, but you can only do it through the applications for mobile devices. Although before it could be done from the desktop version, this possibility has been eliminated and you can only manage the synchronization with the phone’s apps. Currently, you can unlink your profiles from social networks from the ” Account Center “.
There are several reasons why it becomes necessary to unlink an Instagram account with Facebook. It may be because you do not want all your publications to be shared on both social networks or that you would like to update any of the profile photos, without the change also happening in the other account. Whatever the reason, in the following lines you will see how to access this center from the Instagram or Facebook mobile application.
To disconnect your accounts you must enter the Instagram application on your mobile device from any Operating System and perform the steps shown below:
- Press the drop-down menu located in the upper right corner.
- Select the ” Settings ” option .
- Look for the ” Account Center ” and log in.
- Access the menu indicated with your name.
- There you will see the linked accounts, click on the account you want to unlink.
- In this section you will have to select between stopping the synchronization of the profile information or deleting it from the account center. The first option will be used so that the name or profile photo changes are not saved in both accounts at the same time. In the second, all kinds of links are stopped.
After choosing the option you prefer, you will simply have to confirm the operation by granting the corresponding permissions to the application.
The steps to unlink these accounts from the Facebook application on your mobile are very similar to those carried out on Instagram. Here are the steps you will need to take:
- Open the drop-down menu located in the upper right corner.
- Click on ” Settings and Privacy “.
- Select the ” Settings ” option .
- You will have to scroll down and access the menu called ” Account Center “.
- Enter the section indicated with your name.
- In this space are your linked accounts, click on one of the accounts to disconnect.
- Here you will have the possibility to stop the synchronization of the profile information or to delete it from the account center. If you want to completely unlink the account, choose the second option. If you just want the same profile information not to be shared, select the first one.
After completing the steps indicated above, you will simply have to grant the necessary permissions to execute the action.
If you’ve unlinked your Instagram and Facebook accounts, you may one day want to link them again. Therefore, you can find a guide on how to do this along with some other procedures of interest below:
- Re-link : to link an account again, simply go to the ” Account Center “, enter ” Accounts and profiles “, select ” Add account ” and you must choose the account you want to link.
- Post on Instagram without sharing on Facebook : for this, you just have to create the publication and make sure to uncheck the Facebook option in the ” Share in ” section.
- Change profile photo in a single account without unlinking : if you do not want to completely unlink the accounts but you want to be able to change your profile picture in each account individually, you must follow the guides and deactivate the ” Synchronize profile information ” function.
Aspects to consider
As you can see, these guides show the process to stop syncing and unlinking your Facebook and Instagram accounts. In addition, the method with which you can publish on Instagram without sharing it on your Facebook profile is shown.
Considering these additional tips and tricks for making separate posts and changing your profile picture, you may not need to break the link completely. On the other hand, it is important to note that there will be no serious consequences for unlinking the accounts. If at any time you regret it, you will only have to link them again.
This is basically all the information you need to know to unlink Facebook and Instagram. The Account Center is still an unknown space for many users due to the short time it has been in operation. However, whenever you want to unlink (or link) your profiles on these networks, you can use this guide to facilitate the process.