It is no secret to anyone that TikTok has been considered one of the most famous social networks of all . This, thanks to its short video format that has managed to capture the attention of different audiences for its innovation. Thus, it managed to expand worldwide in a short time and even exceeded the number of downloads that Facebook , Instagram and Snapchat have obtained , so far.
However, although it is a platform that provides an optimal user experience by offering a video editor with many tools and, in general, the app is fun; the truth is that it has also generated great controversy . Well, it has been accused of infringing the privacy of users .
For this and more, there are many people who prefer to close their TikTok profile shortly after registering on the platform. But, unfortunately, they do not know how to perform it or everything that this procedure involves. As a consequence, from this post, we will teach you how to delete your TikTok account permanently, why you should do it and if you have the possibility to reopen it in the future .
Learn step by step how to unsubscribe from TikTok and close your account
Unlike other social networks such as Facebook, for example, where deleting an account from the platform is extremely complicated for users as a method to prevent this from happening; On TikTok it is very easy to unsubscribe and close your profile . Therefore, if you do not feel comfortable within the social network, it has not met your expectations or you consider it pertinent to prevent them from violating your integrity in any way; the best thing is that you choose to delete your profile within the social network of Chinese origin .
In this case, it is necessary to carry out the following procedure:
- To start, the first thing you have to do is enter the TikTok mobile app to be able to log in to the account you want to close . Of course, using the corresponding data correctly.
- Once you log into your TikTok account , the system will show you your feed or the Home section. But, to permanently unsubscribe, it will be a price to access your profile by clicking on the “I” category that is displayed in the lower right part of the screen.
- Once this is done, you will see your profile page and all the information it contains. Now, it is time to enter the “Settings and privacy” menu by simply pressing the icon with three dots located in the upper right corner.
- Next, from Settings and privacy, go to the Account section and there, click on the option that says “Manage account . ” Generally, it is in the first position of said section.
- Next, you are presented with several alternatives, but in this case you have to search and select the option that indicates “Delete account” . Which appears at the bottom of the screen, separated from all the others.
- After that, the mobile app will redirect you to another verification screen that will ask you to enter your password or, failing that, an authentication code that will be sent to you via SMS, once you click on “Send code” .
- After entering the information requested above, it is time to tap the “Continue” button .
- At this point, they will tell you what happens if you confirm that you want to delete your account and other data of interest, so that you are aware. To continue with the process, press the “Delete account” button and the mobile app will automatically close your session and thus deactivate your account completely .
TikTok Detox Why should you take a break from some social media?
In case you have decided to delete your TikTok account and permanently unsubscribe from this platform, because of the content that you usually see on it, which, indeed, is not to your liking; It is important that you bear in mind that there is another solution designed by the same social media app . Which is a function known as “TikTok Detox . “
Basically, TikTok Digital Detox refers to a utility that allows all users to restrict the content they can view, to improve their experience . Like, control the time they consume within the social network, with the aim of limiting its use and avoiding future addictions that are harmful in the long term . In this sense, this functionality offers two options to users that, specifically, are focused on optimizing the reservation of users and displaying content that, visually, is suitable for them.
These options consist of:
- Screen time management : Set a time limit for the use of the social network . Therefore, it is ideal to activate it when you are concerned about the amount of time you dedicate to the social network and for which, you stop complying with your obligations or responsibilities. There, you can choose a daily limit that is between 40, 60, 90 and 120 minutes in total . Thus, once this time has been reached, it will be necessary to enter an access code to continue using the service.
- Restricted mode : It refers to a mode that is based on the content that appears on the social network, for each user. Therefore, if some types of videos tend to annoy or bother you, it will be useful to use this functionality to optimize your user experience and, also, it is considered an appropriate tool to manage a kind of parental control in the use by minors .
But, although these alternatives manage to prevent several users from deleting their TikTok account , for other people they are not enough . Since, in short, they prefer to rest for a while from some social networks in order to obtain greater peace of mind during their day to day .
Which has been recommended by experts, due to the following reasons:
- They are platforms that destroy any free time you have in the day : Many people lose the value of time by spending hours after hours on social networks and above all, on TikTok because of its content format. Which only encourages users to be aware of what happens in the lives of other people and with it, they stop focusing on their same priorities .
- They tend to keep you stuck in the past : These services rank as the ideal way to view posts from people you want to forget or have a negative effect on your peace of mind. Which, simply serves to get you trapped in certain situations of the past ; being an environment that affects you over time.
- Easily addictive : Both TikTok and most social media apps are often addictive for users. Which is why, there comes a time when their state of animation will only depend on the interactions they receive and in that sense, their life only revolves around an online social circle that ends up affecting them.
As a consequence, if you unsubscribe from TikTok and choose to delete your other social media accounts, you will enjoy several extremely valuable benefits; such as:
- You become much more productive in your everyday life . Well, by avoiding being connecting and disconnecting in these services, your brain will not tend to diminish the attention on certain responsibilities.
- You will have more positive emotions : When you use these platforms, you go through different emotions in a short time (anxiety, sadness, anger, jealousy, etc.). Therefore, as you stop using them, you will realize that there is nothing that affects your mood as much as social networks and, for most of the day, you will feel comfortable.
- You will sleep better : Thanks to the fact that you do not spend too much time on these platforms or feel anxiety about what normally happens on them, you will be able to sleep better . Taking into account that, even, the brightness of the mobile screen at night can alter the sleep pattern, influencing the brain so that it does not release melatonin.
- You can nurture your personal relationships : While it is true, social networks help you feel close to those who are far away, but they distance you from those who are close to you . Therefore, by stopping using them, you can use your energy on the people who are much closer to you and carry out activities to create more quality time with them.
Can I get my closed TikTok account back? How long do I have to do it?
Indeed, if it is possible to recover a TikTok account that has been closed in this way. However, for this action to be reversible, users only have a period of 30 days, which is the interval in which the system deactivates the profile in question so that it is no longer public. Which means that if you go through the process to delete your account and log in again before the end of the month, everything will automatically be reactivated and you won’t have lost anything .
But, if you choose to do this after the 30 days indicated, the change will be permanent and irreversible. In that case, the profile will be permanently deleted and you will not be able to log back into TikTok. In addition, you will lose access to all the videos you have published and you will not be able to receive a refund for the things you bought within the service . However, information that is not saved in your account (such as chat messages) will be visible to other users .