On LinkedIn you have the opportunity to meet various professional people, it is also a virtual platform that can help you find a new job. If you had the opportunity to register and discover everything it offers, surely after a while you have thought about deleting your account.
You are in the right place, below we will explain how to delete your LinkedIn account forever or at least delete it for a certain time. The process is not complicated, but you must follow a series of recommendations so that you do not have problems.
How to delete a LinkedIn account forever
We have reached the point where you are in this article, we will explain the steps that will help you delete your LinkedIn account. It is not complicated, but you will have to follow the following recommendations so that you do not have problems:
- To start you must click on the icon of your profile image (me).
- A series of options is displayed, then click on the “Settings and privacy” option.
- It will load a new window, in it you must click on the “Account” tab, on the left you will click on “Account Management”.
- Click on “Close your LinkedIn account.”
- It will load a new page, you mark the reason why you decided to delete your account. You also have the opportunity to write the reason by giving a written opinion.
- After announcing the reason why you decided to close your account, click on “Next”.
- Finish by adding your account password, then check the small blank box and click where it says “Close account.”
If you managed to perform each of the steps mentioned above, then there is no going back and you deleted your account. You can also save yourself some steps to delete your account by going to the following link:
How to delete a LinkedIn account from a mobile
If you have a mobile device, you have probably looked for a way to close your LinkedIn account. In the case that you have not been successful, do not worry here you will find the steps that will help you do it:
- To start you must enter your LinkedIn profile.
- Now you have to click on your profile photo.
- You tap on the “Settings” icon on the right side of the window.
- You go to the “Account” tab and click on “Close account.”
- Tap on “Continue” to continue with the process.
- Now you choose the reason why you want to delete your account, then click on “Next”.
- Finish adding the password and then click on “Finished”.
What happens when you delete a LinkedIn account
If you have no choice but to delete your LinkedIn account, it’s important to know what will happen after you do. Next, we will tell you what usually happens through the following points:
- Your LinkedIn profile will be deleted, but search engines such as Yahoo! Bing and Google may continue to show them for a certain time.
- The validations that you have obtained in your user profile will be lost.
- You may want to download a copy of the data recorded in your account.
- You will lose the benefits of a Premium subscription, therefore, it is recommended to close these licenses before deleting the account.
How to reopen a LinkedIn account?
If you have wondered if it is possible to reopen your LinkedIn account? Let me tell you, if possible, but on one condition, if it has only been closed for less than 20 days. Otherwise the account has been deleted forever.
Well, if you still have time to recover your LinkedIn account before it is deleted, you can perform the following steps:
- You must first log into LinkedIn from the following website:https://www.linkedin.com/uas/login?_l=es
- In the new window you add your access data: email or phone number and password.
- Now click on “Reactivate”.
- If you could not do the previous step, they will send you an email to the email you used to create your account.
- Finish by clicking on “Yes, reactivate”.
- You wait a few minutes for a confirmation email to arrive, then log into your LinkedIn account .
What happens when you reopen your LinkedIn account
Now that you know how to reopen your LinkedIn account, you may have come across some surprises. Maybe nothing is how you left it, some things changed and you have not heard about it.
As every action has a consequence, it is normal that when you reopen your account, part of the information is deleted, what generally happens is the following:
- Your validations and recommendations will be lost.
- Ignored or pending invitations will cease to exist.
- They will no longer follow you or you will follow influencers, companies, etc.
- You will not be able to participate in groups where you were once a part.
- Your Premium subscription will cease to exist.
But that’s not all, you may find yourself with some changes that you can fix over time. You already have extensive experience using this platform to hire professionals, you just have to start over from scratch.
Why you should delete your LinkedIn account
If you had the opportunity to create an account on LinkedIn, you will surely discover that, like other virtual platforms, it has its advantages and disadvantages. And as it was not to be expected, it is normal that you have thought about wanting to eliminate it.
There are many reasons for wanting to delete your account and, among the most frequent reasons are the following:
Have multiple LinkedIn accounts
Some users on LinkedIn believe that having several active accounts increases their chances of finding a new job, however, it is a very common mistake. How many people are you? Obviously you are only one, therefore, you should have only one official account.
You can’t access your account
Generally, professionals are recorded on LinkedIn using a corporate email. There is nothing wrong with that, but when they stop working in that company then oh surprise! They can no longer log in again.
You do not achieve the results you expect
Not all professionals manage to make the most of LinkedIn, in some cases users are disappointed in the platform and others feel that they are wasting time. This is why many people decide to delete their account without having done their own research.
Stop showing up on LinkedIn
If you don’t like social networks or all those digital things, it is normal that you have no interest in showing yourself on LinkedIn if you already had the opportunity to register. You have the opportunity to delete your account and that we already explained to you previously.
Well as you have just observed, deleting your LinkedIn account is not complicated, but you must take into account a series of guidelines so that you do it correctly.
Once you delete your LinkedIn account there is no going back if you want to recover it after more than 30 days have passed.
There is the possibility of reopening your deleted LinkedIn account, but there is a time limit and a series of steps that must be carried out in order to carry it out.