If you want to delete messages from Messenger, then you should know that there are several ways to do it. You can even delete entire conversations from your computer or in the app on your phone.
Over time we leave a lot of conversations and message history that we exchange with our contacts. Sometimes these are private chats that we would like to delete for both of us. Therefore, here we will see several how to delete individual messages, complete conversations or all your Messenger conversations.
Delete Messenger messages from the browser
# 1. Go to Facebook, click on the Messenger icon at the top right, and at the bottom of the messages menu select the link See all in Messenger.
# 2. To delete individual messages in a conversation, hover over them, click the 3-dot button that appears, and select Delete.
# 3. In the confirmation message , if you want to delete the message for both, even after hours or days, select Abort Send for All. But if you just want to delete the message in your mailbox, choose Delete for me.
# 4. Then click Delete to proceed.
Delete entire conversations
# 1. To delete all messages in a Messenger conversation, hover the mouse pointer over the sender.
# 2. Click the 3-dot icon that appears to the left of the sender, and in the options that appear, click Delete.
# 3. In the confirmation message click Delete. Alternatively, you could choose the Hide conversation option if you don’t want to delete the messages, but hide them.
It’s that easy, just by repeating these 3 steps, you could delete all Messenger conversations in no time. In this way you would delete all the messages on your Facebook account.
Delete Messenger conversations on the cell phone
- Open the Messenger app on your Android cell phone.
- Choose the conversation to delete and make a continuous press on it.
- Click on Delete within the options that appear.
- The Delete all this conversation? Confirmation box appears . , where you must press the Delete conversation option .
- Open the Messenger app on your iPhone or iOS device.
- Tap and slide the conversation to the left.
- Press the Delete icon .
- Choose the Delete option to confirm and delete conversation.
This will delete all the messages within the conversation you chose. If you want to delete all your Messenger conversations you can repeat these steps for each one and you will achieve it quickly.
Delete a Messenger message individually
- Open the Messenger application and then the conversation where the message (s) is.
- Make a continuous press on the message you want to delete.
- Choose Delete from the options that appear.
- In the confirmation box, choose Delete again .
- In the Messenger app, open the chat where the messages you want to delete are.
- Click on the message (s) to delete.
- Select the More option .
- Choose an option, between Cancel Shipping, or just Delete for me.
So you can delete your Messenger messages one by one, both on your Android device and on iPhone.
Delete all Messenger messages
Just as you can delete all your Facebook posts, if you want to really clean up your account, you should also delete all Messenger conversations. This will allow you to quickly get rid of all the messages that you have sent or received.
If you were wondering how to do it, you will have already seen that it is quite simple and fast. If you follow the instructions to delete conversations in both the browser and the mobile app, you could delete all your messages in a couple of minutes.