Opening a Twitter account is quite simple, staying on it can be the problem. Do not think that once you are on this social network you should stay, it is possible to delete your Twitter profile in a few seconds. That is one of the great advantages you have in this social network. And it is that the same freedom of expression that you have, can make you want to delete your Twitter account.
Although the process takes place in seconds, this is temporary in case you finally decide to have your account again. Because Twitter keeps your account inactive for 30 days, after this time, if you thought about it, it will be enough to log in to reactivate your account or after these days it will be completely deleted without taking any other action.
From the phone
If it is necessary to know that you cannot delete a Twitter account from Android and iOS, in this case it can only be done using the mobile browser. Preferably, you need to use Google Chrome or Opera. Deleting your Twitter account requires nothing more than logging in and following the steps below.
- The first step is to open the web browser you use on your mobile device. You have to enter the URLhttps://twitter.com/ and you must log in with your data.
- Once you log in, you must click on your Twitter profile on the profile image. Once you have done this step, you have the options menu and you must choose the option that says Settings and privacy.
- In this new options menu, select ” Your account “.
- Once you enter this section you have to go to the bottom of the screen, there you will see the option that says ” Deactivate your account.” This time it will change to a new screen to continue with the process.
- You will have to press ” Deactivate ” and enter your password in order to confirm the hibernation process. So that, after the established time, the account and everything that is registered in it will be permanently deleted.
When you have chosen to end the process, you should avoid logging in. Otherwise, Twitter will re-enable your account and its deletion will not be completed. Even if there is only one day left to complete the process that you started days ago.
From your pc
Windows and Mac OS are the two most used Operating Systems for computers. It is also possible from either of these two platforms to access Twitter. You can use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera or any other browser that is of your preference. If you want to unsubscribe from this microblogging social network, you must follow the steps shown below:
- The next point is to start your web browser. You have two options to enter the Twitter page. One is to go to Google and write “twitter” and click on the first result that is displayed. The second option you have is that you must write the URL:https://www.twitter.com/ and press Enter.
- Click on the button that says ” Sign in ” which is white and blue. It’s on the right side of the screen. Once the login screen is displayed, you will need to enter your username, email or phone number and password.
- If you do not remember your password, you must click on “Forgot your password?” and write your email. Once you have done this, you can continue with the process to be able to delete your Twitter account.
- If you have already entered your account, you must enter your Twitter profile. Click on the profile image that is displayed on the top bar of the page.
- Once you are there you have to enter ” Settings and privacy “. Which is the section where all the settings for the Twitter account are located.
- You enter the section called ” Account “, then you have to go to the bottom of the screen and you will see the option that says ” Deactivate account “.
- You must press the ” Deactivate ” button and confirm with your password. It is all you have to do.
Why delete your account?
In this case, users may end up deleting their account because they have another or have recently created it, it may even be because they receive many malicious comments. They are two very valid reasons to be able to close your Twitter account.
Another reason why an account is deleted is because there is too much unwanted content, so it is easier to delete the entire account and create a new one. It can also happen that the account has been hacked at some point and they prefer to delete it for security reasons. Among others, these are the most common.