If you have been a Snapchat user for a long time, it is likely that you have reached the point of making the decision to delete your account on this platform. This may be due to dissatisfaction with the handling of its functions, personal reasons or the appearance of better alternatives such as Instagram. Regardless of the reason, the following text explains how to delete your profile from your mobile or using the web version of this social network.
In this sense, you should know that Snapchat offers the option to delete accounts directly from its official website or from the application. However, by deleting your profile within this platform, you will actually be deactivating it for a period of 30 days. So, just by logging in in this period of time, you can reactivate it and continue using it as usual. Learn more about it and the different devices below.
From the app
Since this is an application for mobile devices, the first method to be explained in this text to deactivate your Snapchat account will be from the official ghost app. Which you must have installed on your device to follow the steps described below. Keep in mind that the aforementioned indications apply for Android and iOS.
- Open Snapchat on your phone.
- Click on your profile image to access the app’s options menu.
- Tap on the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Locate the ” Help ” section and tap on the ” I need help ” option .
- Scroll down and click on ” My account and security “.
- Click on ” Delete my account “.
- This will take you to a window where it is explained how to delete a Snapchat account, click on the ” Account Portal ” link .
- Enter your username and password and press ” Continue “.
If necessary, confirm your decision and that’s it! You will have successfully deactivated your Snapchat account, with this, your friends will not be able to contact you within the social network. However, remember that you can reactivate it at any time by simply logging in again before the 30 days are up.
From the web
In case you prefer to unsubscribe from Snapchat from your computer, you will have to enterthis link and follow the steps described below:
- Enter the access data to your account and log in.
- Enter your password and click ” Continue.”
- By doing so, you will receive the announcement that your account will be deactivated for 30 days.
It’s that simple to delete your Snapchat account from the official platform on a computer. Remember that you can reverse this by logging in to the app again, before the deadline expires.
How to reactivate your account
As mentioned since the beginning of this post, “deleting” a Snapchat account only temporarily disables it. This in order to allow the user to access at any time they want and continue enjoying the benefits that this app offers. That is why, reactivating it will be as simple as logging into the app again with your username and password before the 30-day period established for this expires.
Please note that some accounts take up to a minimum of 24 hours to be reactivated. On the other hand, you can only log in with your user, as the email option will not be available until your profile is reactivated. Therefore, it is recommended to keep the access information in a safe place to avoid forgetting it.
How to download your data
your Snapchat account, you may want to download all the information stored on it. That is why, below, it is explained how to obtain backup copies of your files, both your memories, as well as your Snaps and stories.
To download all the Snaps stored in the “Memories” section of the app, you must follow the steps described below. Keep in mind that, in order to do this, it is recommended to be connected to a wireless network (Wi-Fi) to avoid the consumption of data from your telephone line.
- Open Snapchat on your cell phone and log into your account.
- Swipe up to access the memories section.
- Keep pressed the Snap you want to download.
Note : You can also select everything by clicking on the corresponding option.
- Click on ” Export ” at the bottom.
- Select “Download” or any other option on the list to keep the files.
- Complete the necessary steps, depending on the option you choose and wait while the process finishes.
This way you can keep your files on a platform other than Snapchat. It is worth mentioning that this also applies to stories.
Before learning how to download your Snapchat information, you should keep in mind that it must be requested from the platform team. Now, you can only make this request if your email account is verified and does not apply to all data. On the contrary, only the history of Snaps, chats and login, user profile, friends, classification, etc. will be available, they are mentioned at the time of requesting the shipment to technical support.
With this in mind, follow the steps below to download your Snapchat information quickly and easily:
- Open your Snapchat account in the app.
- Tap on your image in the upper left corner.
- Press the gear icon in the upper right corner to access the Snapchat options menu.
- Scroll until you find the ” Privacy ” section and click on the ” My information ” option .
- This will take you to a new window where you will have to scroll to the bottom and click on ” Send request “.
- By doing so, the Snapchat team will tell you that the information will be sent to your email.
- Look in the inbox of the email associated with your Snapchat account for the link to download your information and click on it. It is worth mentioning that you must log into your account.
Note : You can click on it or go to the ” My information ” section of the app again.
- Click on the link provided.
This way you can download your Snapchat information. Now, you should know that this is delivered in a .ZIP format file, so the best way to open it is from a computer. However, if you have a compatible app on your Smartphone to open these types of files, you can do it on your mobile without any problem.
You can also execute this action from the browser, logging in with your account at https://accounts.snapchat.com/. Then, click on the ” My information ” tab , then scroll to the end and click on the ” Submit request ” button. In this way you will get your Snapchat account data in your email in a .ZIP folder, but don’t forget that only specific aspects are included.
Regardless of the reason, now that you know the different methods to delete your Snapchat account, you will have the opportunity to apply them depending on the device you use.