This social network has become one of the favorites for most users, and in turn was one of the first to become a trend worldwide. This is how this platform has a large number of elements and tools that offer you a very entertaining and complete experience in it .
Users who manage these accounts usually publish on Twitter to share news, offer a product or simply to share an experience. However, in many cases one tweets is not enough for this, so it is necessary to create chains of tweets, which are also known as threads.
In general, being able to create these chains of tweets was not such a simple and fast process to achieve, but luckily for everyone, Twitter has facilitated all this with a new modality . This is how here we are going to explain a little more how you can start creating threads in this social network, for this follow in detail everything that we will teach you below.
Who can see the threads I create on my Twitter?
Surely you are wondering who can see your threads on the Twitter social network, and the answer for this is very simple. This type of content can be seen by all the people who follow you and if you have a public profile then it may reach other users of the social network who do not follow you.
In the case that you want to create a thread and that it has a great reach, then you can apply elements such as hashtags, which will allow your content published on the platform to reach many more people. Keep in mind that this acts just like a tweets but this time with a much longer sequence, since there will be several tweets one after another to share much longer information.
What are the benefits of creating threads with your followers and the Twitter community?
Without a doubt, being able to share threads on the social network will offer you some advantages, keep in mind that this function was added to the platform in order to allow users to share experiences or long news in a simpler way .
That is why here we show you the main benefits that you can obtain by applying this tool to your profile:
- It allows to count experiences or long news in several tweets that are published online.
- It allows the reader to keep the sequence of everything he is reading.
- Posting a long story in tweets can surely be a tedious process, something that is facilitated when creating threads on Twitter.
- It has become an ideal tool for what is digital marketing on the platform.
- It is very simple to apply, so you simply have to take into account all the information that you want to add there .
Learn step by step how to create a thread on your Twitter to discuss a topic
This function is used mainly for when you want to share something that needs more than one tweet, so that a thread is nothing more than a series of connected tweets that transmits extensive information in a very simple way. Being able to apply this function on your Twitter profile is very simple thanks to the new modalities applied by the platform.
This is how here we show you two different methods of adding threads to your profile:
The first way to do it is that you end up creating the thread yourself, to carry out this procedure you will need to follow these steps:
- To start you must click on the “Tweet” button, there you will be able to write a new tweet that you want to share with the other members of the community.
- To be able to add other tweets you must click on the “More” icon that appears highlighted, keep in mind that this will be highlighted once you have entered text in the corresponding field.
- When you have exceeded the characters field, that is, you have entered more characters than allowed, these will be highlighted so that you can edit it before publishing the tweet.
- If you want to delete some of the tweets that you have created, you must click on the “Delete” icon .
- Once you have added all the tweets that you want to include in the thread, the next thing you should do is “Tweet all” so that they are published. This way you can share the information you want no matter how extensive it is.
Tweet in another user’s thread
The other way to share the threads on the platform is to tweet it from another user, this procedure is also very simple.
To do this, you must perform the following steps:
- To start you must press or click on the “Publish” icon .
- Now you should scroll to the bottom of the posting window and click on “Continue Thread” so that you can add content to your latest tweet.
- The next thing will be to add content and select “Tweet” to be added to your thread.
- So that you can add a thread to a previous tweet, you must select the option “Another tweet”.
Other interesting facts about threads How do notifications and threads sent by DM work?
Another advantage of using threads on Twitter is that they offer you different types of functions, that is how here we are going to provide you with other interesting information about them and that you should know. In this case we will show you how the notifications and threads sent by DM work.
Let’s see next:
In the case that you share a tweet that is part of a thread through direct messages , the recipient will see the option to “Show this thread” this will allow him to open the thread completely and thus see the whole context of the part of the message you have received.
Now if you have been mentioned in a thread on the platform, then you will receive a notification in your notification timeline, you can also receive an email notification or a push notification, depending on the option you have configured.
So that you understand this a little more, here we show you what are notification timelines and push notifications:
- Push notification: It is when you are mentioned in a thread, so you will receive a notification notification. Also, if you have opted to receive push notifications when an account tweets, you will receive a notification when the account sent a thread.
- Notification timeline : Every time you are mentioned in a thread, you will be able to see the mention in your notification timeline . This allows you to indicate that the tweet is part of a thread, so the option to “Show thread” will appear.
Retweets and Retweets with comments
And finally we find this option which is when you retweet or retweet with comments from a thread. In this case the retweet or retweet with comment will include the option to “Show this thread”, this will allow users to access the complete thread where they have been mentioned .