Currently, Facebook is the most used social network in the world with a total of 2.320 million users. This makes it an excellent platform to be able to do marketing to any company, since products or services can be advertised to millions of people.
This platform offers many interesting options to connect with potential customers, such as Facebook Live, surveys and much more. In this opportunity, we want to talk to you about how to create a survey on Facebook quickly and easily.
Through them, you will be able to connect with your audience and find out their opinions regarding different topics that will help you interact much more or even improve your services . Pay attention to this step by step guide!
What are the benefits of creating surveys for companies on Facebook?
Surveys represent a very interesting form of research, through which it is possible to collect data that can be of great help. Specifically in the business world, surveys are highly relevant because they allow an in-depth insight into the thinking of customers.
The use of these has gone from the physical medium to the digital world. Many social networks have incorporated this function within their platforms, so that companies or people know the impression of users regarding specific topics . Consequently, Digital Marketing uses them as a powerful interaction tool.
Apart from that, creating surveys on Facebook brings with it another series of very interesting benefits for companies. Some of the main ones are:
- Eye-catching content for the user.
- They can be interactive, which helps build a bond with followers.
- It allows you to know the way of thinking of your followers .
- Increase engagement on Facebook.
- Improve the reach of your publications.
- It draws attention .
Steps to create a survey on Facebook to analyze our audience
Undoubtedly, the use and exploitation of surveys is an excellent idea to analyze our audience . With this option, you can ask a question, customize the answers, and also allow people to vote for the option they want.
There are three ways to create a poll on Facebook : in a group, on a page, or in a story. Here we show you how to do it in each case.
Create poll in a group
Keep in mind that when you conduct polls in a group, only members of the group can participate. Consequently, the steps to create a survey are:
- Go to the news section, click on “Groups” located in the menu on the left and then choose the group in which you are going to carry out the survey.
- At the top of the group select “Write something …” . Look for the option called “Survey” and press it.
- Write the question you want and select “add option …” to add the options that group members can choose. In those options you can put text, images or GIFs.
- Then go to the “Answer options” button located at the bottom to customize this function.
- Finally, click on “Publish” .
Create survey on one page
In case you want to create a survey on a Facebook page, you need to have administrator or editor permissions .
Once you have this in mind, the steps to follow are:
- In the news section, go to “Pages” in the left menu and select the page where you are going to take the survey.
- Click on “Write a publication …” .
- Select the “Survey” option . In case you don’t get it, you just have to click on the ellipsis ( … ) to show all the options.
- Write your question .
- Write the answer options . It should be noted that you can write up to 25 characters in each option. Also, you can add photos or GIFs to them.
- Click on the button with a clock icon along with the text: “1 week” located at the bottom to choose the duration of the survey.
- To select when you want the survey to be published, click on “Share now” and choose if you want to schedule it with a specific date, save it as a draft, and so on.
- Click on “Share now . “
Keep in mind that when trying to create a poll on a Facebook page, you may be prompted to do so from Creator Studio . The operation is the same, you just have to go to “Start” in the left menu, choose the page and click on the “Post something” button .
Create poll in a story
Another very interesting and interactive way to use surveys is through Facebook stories. The steps to create one are:
- Enter the Facebook app from an Android or iOS device.
- Select “+ Add to story” at the top of the news section.
- Add a video or photo . You can choose an image from your gallery, take a photo or choose the Boomerang feature.
- Click on a leaf-shaped icon with a smiley face in the upper right. Then, tap on “Survey” .
- Write the question you want and choose between “Yes” or “No” to personalize the answers.
- At the top right click “Done” .
- In case you want to change the audience for your survey, tap on the “Privacy” option at the bottom left.
- Click on “Share in story” and that’s it.
An interesting fact is that when the user selects his answer, he will be able to see in real time the results that the survey is throwing up. Also, if you want to know how many votes each option has received, you just have to enter the story and swipe up.
Tips for doing better surveys on Facebook to grow your business
Marketing strategies are very broad and depend on the needs of each person or company. However, there are certain general tips that can be of great help to improve the quality of your surveys on Facebook and grow your business.
Pay attention to these main tips:
You always have to offer content that can excite your followers, so through surveys you can create expectations regarding new releases, ideas and much more.
Repetitive content does not attract the attention of any user, therefore, when it comes to surveys on Facebook, the ideal is to get the most out of your creativity. Use resources or texts that can capture the attention of those who read it, to invite them to participate.
Keep your style
Staying true to your brand can make a huge difference within any marketing strategy. If you use a particular vocabulary or a way of expressing yourself that already identifies you as a public image or as a company, don’t change it! Remember that your style makes you unique and allows you to stand out from the rest.
Take advantage of visual resources
A very good idea is to make use of the visual resources that can be incorporated into the surveys. Images, GIFs, and colors capture anyone’s attention. For this reason, we recommend that you include photographs or any other visual resource in the options of your survey.
Involve followers in your business decisions
Taking surveys so that your followers can give their opinion regarding your company’s decisions is very useful, because it makes them feel part of your brand. In addition, they can contribute ideas that you did not consider in your plans before. It allows to establish a very interesting feedback.
Examples of useful surveys to obtain concrete results in FB
Surveys on a trending topic
Conducting polls on trending topics is always an excellent idea to get audience participation. Therefore, if you want to increase participation and interaction with a Facebook page, we recommend you touch on interesting topics that remain in trend.
Such is the case of surveys on new movie releases, music videos, awards, news of general interest and much more.
Surveys on your satisfaction
In case you want to know the opinion of the followers regarding a brand or service in general, it is best to opt for surveys on their satisfaction. Remember that the questions should be as direct and clear as possible.
Surveys about your expectations of the brand
If you feel that your brand is stagnant and you need new ideas, it is best to consult with your audience . Let them show you their impressions or opinions regarding new decisions, projects and much more. These types of surveys help to create a close bond with your followers.
Brand Suggestion Surveys
To seek customer engagement, brand suggestion surveys are certainly a great idea. The results may surprise you, so take this option into account when you want to incorporate new services.
Event Planning Surveys
In case you want to know the availability of your followers to carry out an event, you can carry out surveys on the planning of your brand’s events . Thus, you can organize a date and time that benefits everyone.
Most users love participating in interesting quizzes and voting. Therefore, use fun surveys to get to know them a little more, get them involved with your brand, promote a service or product, and much more.