When 280 characters are not enough to express what you want, you need to know how to create a thread on Twitter. This is what the sequence of connected Tweets is called to broaden an idea, provide context, or update information. Even though this is what is mentioned in the official support, users continue to find more and more creative methods to get the most out of this Twitter tool.
With this feature you can tell anecdotes, jokes, share images or even open discussions and reflect with other users. Some companies use this tool to create highly ingenious advertising campaigns, capturing people’s attention. Next, you can learn to create Twitter threads step by step from your PC or through your mobile device, and you will even see a series of additional tips that you can put into practice.
From the phone
The process to create a Twitter thread on your mobile device is very simple and you will only use the time and effort required to compose your tweet. The first thing you should do to do this is enter the application and then you will have to follow these instructions:
- Within the app, press the blue icon of a pen. This is located in the lower right part of the screen.
- The Tweets creation window will appear , proceed to write the first part of the message and click on the ” + ” symbol in the lower right, on the device keyboard. Repeat the process to add more Tweets to your thread.
- At the end of the script, you must press the “button Tweet everything ” to publish the entire thread.
Finally, you can also choose who can reply to your post before ending the thread. To do this, click on ” Anyone can answer ” which is next to the ” + ” symbol , there you will see the different options available to you.
These are the basic steps to create a Twitter thread on mobile, it should be noted that images, GIFs, links, surveys and more can be added to each Tweet that composes it. Also, you can start a thread through an old post by clicking the ” Reply ” option .
The process to create Twitter threads from your computer is similar to that of the mobile device. To do this you must log into your Twitter account through thislink and follow the steps shown below:
- Create a Tweet from the section that says “ What’s happening? ”.
Note: You can also start creating a thread by clicking the ” Tweet ” option , which is found under the list of options on the left of the screen.
- Instead of hitting the Tweet button, select the plus (+) icon. It will be necessary to start typing to see this symbol appear.
- A small window will open where you will see the main Tweet along with the ones you are adding to the thread. Write in the ” Add another Tweet ” space.
- As before, you must type to see the plus icon and you can press it as many times as necessary to continue adding Tweets to the thread.
- When finished, press ” Tweet all ” to share the post.
It’s that simple to create or make a Tweets thread from your computer.
Each user gives their own essence when expressing themselves in their Tweets, and that is why there is no exact formula to make a perfect thread. Although if you could follow a series of tips that will help you improve the quality and effectiveness of your publications, which are:
- Watch out for spelling errors : While social media offer
some flexibility at this point, it’s always best to write posts that meet the basic requirements in spelling and grammar.
- Be direct and specific with the topic to be discussed : You should make the topic of the thread clear at the beginning of the thread, since talking about different topics in the same publication can make readers lose interest quickly.
- Keep the main idea : An order and coherence must be sought in each Tweet that is added to the thread, as they are interrelated. Remember that you have a main topic from which it is not good to deviate.
- Correct or delete a wrong Tweet : It is best to edit or completely delete one of the publications, if it does not give continuity to the topic, has some other error or the information is not correct.
- Read the thread : Finally, it is advisable to read everything you wrote before publishing it. With this you can make sure that there are no mistakes or that you managed to express what you really wanted with your words.
This is all the basic information you should know to start creating threads on Twitter and share with all your followers on the social network, either from your PC or mobile. Remember to take into account each of the tips explained, so you can reach more people with the content you generate.