This instant messaging application has become one of the best alternatives for most users when they want to communicate with their friends, family or clients.
It has a mobile, desktop and web version, so its users have different possibilities of use, thus making it a very powerful tool.
One of its most outstanding functions is the possibility of creating a backup of all the settings and conversations you have there. That is why here we are going to teach you how to create a backup of all your chats easily.
What are the benefits of backing up to Telegram Messenger?
Without a doubt, being able to make backup copies of each of your conversations in Telegram Messenger is a very important factor, especially since many of those conversations can be really important, especially if the use you give the application is for work purposes.
This is how here we show you some of the main benefits that this function offers you:
- It allows you to have greater accessibility to all your data and conversations, this ends up being very useful for those cases where your PC or mobile is damaged and you do not have your data saved in the cloud, so you can easily lose everything you have there , as can be many important data.
- Being able to store all the data in the cloud will allow you to have greater peace of mind and access it whenever you want. All this is quite useful if you consider that Telegram is a multiplatform application so you can access it from different devices, without it being mandatory to do it only from one of them.
- Cloud backups are usually done automatically, so the user simply has to specify how often he wants them to be done.
- By saving your data backups in the cloud, you will have a fairly large storage space, something that is not achieved or that is difficult to achieve with physical storage devices.
- It offers you greater security and protection at all times. The backup copies have been created basically to offer a backup to users and companies, allowing you to regain access to your data and conversations in case your equipment has been damaged or lost. All this will allow users to retrieve all those important conversations.
Learn step by step how to make backup copies of your Telegram chats
If what you want is to start saving backup copies of all Telegram, then it will be necessary that this procedure be done from the desktop application on your computer . This is because this action cannot be performed from the mobile versions for now. You can download the desktop version for both your Linux, Mac and Windows operating systems completely free of charge.
With this in mind, to start making backup copies of your Telegram chats it will be necessary to follow each of these steps:
- Once you have installed the desktop application on your computer, the following will be to log into it with your respective phone number and enter the code that will reach your other devices where you have your Telegram session open .
- When you are in Telegram Desktop, you must select the menu that is located in the upper left corner of your screen, it is represented by an icon with three horizontal lines.
- There the side panel will open where you must select the “Settings” option in the list of options.
- When you are in the “Settings” menu, you must select the “Advanced” option which you will find at the bottom of the screen.
- Here a new submenu will open where you will have to select the option “Export Telegram data”.
- It is important that before starting the export you stop for a moment and review each of the available options that you have there, since depending on which one you choose the backup will be more or less complete. Among the options found there, you will have to save account information, only that of private chats, multimedia content and the maximum size of the files. When finished you should make sure to select the option “Human readable HTML” so that the chats can be readable.
- Keep in mind that the duration time for the creation of the backup takes time depending on the number of chats that exist and the size of the files that are in them. Once it has finished and if you have not modified the download path, then you will have the “Telegram Desktop” folder in your download folder. When you access the “Telegram Desktop” folder you will find the folders that you see in the following image:
- In this case, the conversations will be stored in an HTML format and can be found within the “Chats” folder , perhaps the biggest disadvantage of this is that the chats will not have the name of the contact, but simply will appear numbered. In this way, if you are looking for a specific conversation, then you will have to access one by one.
- One of the most comfortable options of all this is that you will have the opportunity to consult the content of the backup from “Export_Results” in this way you will be able to access all the content you have there without having to open each of the folders, this acts as an index so the search will be very easy.
- In the case of chats, it is important that you keep in mind that you will only be able to see the text, if you want to also see the multimedia files, then it will be necessary to access them from the folders that are included in the root directory of the conversation.
- Therefore, as you investigate each of the folders that appear there, you will locate the content that you have in your Telegram account . Best of all, despite deleting your conversations or even your entire account, this entire conversation log will not be deleted, so you can keep it as a kind of backup unless you delete it directly from your computer.