The email address has become one of the most common ways to verify an identity. In turn, it is the place where we receive important information or of our interest.
Similarly, YouTube uses e-mail as one of the safe ways to communicate with registered users . However, there are applications or bots that enter the webs automatically. This is why a confirmation is essential .
If you’re trying to create your account on YouTube and you need to know how to verify your identity, we recommend this post to guide you step by step .
Why is it important to verify the email address of the YouTube account?
The main reason to confirm your email address on YouTube, as in other social networks, is that it is a fundamental requirement to continue with the registration . Otherwise you will not be able to access all the functions offered by the platform .
It is also important, as we mentioned at the beginning, since it will be the official way by which the site will communicate with you and will keep you up to date with the most important news . In the same way (if the linked email is not from Gmail), it will be the key that will allow you to recover your password in case you forget it. In this sense, we recommend that you do not use just any email to register . But it is preferable that you use the main one .
In the case of a Gmail account , it belongs to Google, like Blogger, Maps, etc. Therefore, no extra steps are necessary . That is, if you have any of these accounts, you can now use the rest of the applications in the package. In the opposite situation, that of deleting, the same will happen with your YouTube account (including videos, comments and subscriptions).
Learn step by step how to confirm your email on your YouTube account?
If you are going to use the platform as a simple spectator, it will be enough for you to register on the site.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to “youtube.com”
- In the upper right corner press the blue “Access” button .
- On this screen, choose “Create Account . “
- Select the type of account, the options are “For me” and “For my business” . In the example we will use the most used which is personal .
- Enter your data and the email you use. We remind you that, if you already have a Google account , this and the previous steps are not necessary.
- It is time to verify . To do this, open your mail inbox on the corresponding server.
- Check your inbox, failing that, the spam section . The sender is usually email@example.com
- A six-digit code will appear in the content of the email , which you must place in the YouTube confirmation window .
- Press “Verify” to finish.
Now, if the purpose of your account will be to create a YouTube channel and upload your own videos, you also need to verify it one more time. But in this case through your mobile phone number.
Go to “https://www.youtube.com/verify” and sign in with your Google account .
Then follow these steps:
- Select your country .
- Opt for the call or SMS method .
- Enter your mobile phone number .
- Press “Send”.
- Wait a few moments and you will receive a code on your Smartphone, which you must place on the page.
- Press “Verify” to finish.
Following the steps will allow you to:
- Upload videos of more than 15 minutes in length.
- Add custom thumbnails .
- Carry out live broadcasts .