It is recommended to change your Twitter password periodically to protect your security. The good thing is that you can change the password from the mobile application on Android or iPhone, or from the browser on your computer.
Twitter can be a great advantage for you, your business or brand. But it could be the opposite if your user credentials fall into the wrong hands. That is why you should change your password from time to time, and even activate two-factor authentication (2FA). Here I will show you how to take these precautionary measures for your account.
Change Twitter password in PC browser
- Go to Twitter in the browser of your choice.
- Click the More options (�) option in the sidebar and select Settings & privacy.
- In the Account section , click Password on the right.
- Enter your current and new password in the next two text boxes. Click the Save button to apply the change.
Change Twitter password on your mobile device
- Open the Twitter application on your Android Smartphone or iPhone.
- Click on your profile picture.
- In the sidebar, click on Settings and privacy.
- Now click on Account and then on Password.
- Enter your password in Current password and the one you want to put in New password and Confirm password.
- Click Done to apply the changes.
If you forgot the password…
To change the password you will have to provide the current one, but if you have forgotten it, do not worry. You can also change it by receiving a text message to your phone or an email.
You just have to click or tap on the link Forgot your password? and follow the instructions. Twitter will help you reset your password using your email account or via text message.
How to enable two-factor authentication for Twitter
When you log into your Twitter account, you can receive a code on your phone that you must enter to access your account. This will help you prevent someone else from being able to access it, even if they know your credentials. Unless he also has access to your cell phone.
You can enable two-factor authentication like this:
- Go to the Twitter website and log in, if you haven’t already.
- In the bar on the left, click More options and choose Settings & privacy.
- In the Account section , click Security.
- Now click on Two-Factor Authentication.
- There are 3 options: text message, authentication app and security key. The most practical is the first. Choose Text Message and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Click Submit Code after entering your phone number.
- You will need to enter the six-digit code that you receive on your phone and click Submit.
By changing your password and activating the two-factor authentication feature, your account will be much more secure. Hope this guide has been helpful.