To change the Facebook email you must enter the ” Settings and privacy ” and ” Settings ” section, to later edit the ” Contact ” section. There you will find your main email and other secondary emails that you added when creating your Facebook account. It is relevant to note that updating these emails is essential to maintain security and have a restore option in case of forgetting the password.
The inclusion of a frequently used email allows the receipt of notifications from both the personal account and the advertising accounts that you have associated with. Likewise, Facebook sends marketing tips and updates for a better experience on the platform. Therefore, in this tutorial you will find how to change Facebook email both from your computer’s browser and from the applications for Android or iOS.
Steps to follow
The process to change email on Facebook is quick and easy. To do this, you only have to remember your password since to confirm the email, the platform will require it. Likewise, you must enter the new email you have chosen, as a new message will be sent to it to confirm that it is an account that you own.
From the browser
It is one of the easiest options to use. From any browser you can enter the social network page and start to see the notifications of your account. In the same way, you can access the settings and change the email of your Facebook account through the steps that will be explained below:
- Open Facebook in the browser of your choice.
- Press the down arrow next to the notifications icon. Choose ” Settings and privacy “.
- Press ” Settings “.
- A ” General Account Settings ” window will open . Under ” Contact, ” select ” Edit.”
- Press ” Add another email or phone number.”
- Enter your new email and choose ” Add “.
- Facebook, for security, will ask you to type your password again. When you have written it, press ” Send “.
- The platform will notify you that it sent a message to the email you added to verify that it is a valid address.
- Now, go to the email and look for the message sent by Facebook. Open it and you will see a confirmation code along with the ” Confirm ” button . Select that button.
- Facebook will redirect you to the ” Settings and privacy ” section. You will see that the email of your Facebook account has been automatically changed and it will be saved as the main email.
- If you want another email that you have added to be the main one, go to ” Contact “> ” Edit ” and press the ” Choose as main ” option under the email of your choice.
From the app
Facebook has an application for both Android devices and iOS Operating Systems. Its interface is practical and easy to use, therefore, it is one of the most downloaded applications among users of the social network. If you have your phone at hand and you want to change the email of your Facebook account, you just have to follow these steps:
- Enter the Facebook application on your phone.
- Press the three horizontal lines located on the right side of your screen.
- Swipe and look for the ” Settings and privacy ” option .
- Choose ” Settings.”
- Press the option ” Personal information “.
- Select ” Contact Information.”
- Choose ” Add email address. “
- Enter the address of your new email and enter the password to save the configuration. Then press ” Add email address. “
- Now, press ” Confirm “.
- Enter the verification code that has arrived in the email you added, and press ” Confirm “.
- Facebook will tell you that the email has been confirmed correctly.
With Facebook Lite
Facebook Lite is a much lighter version than the original application of the platform. It does not take up too much storage space and, therefore, some users have chosen to download this app on their Smartphones. If you have this option and want to change your Facebook email, take a look at the following steps:
- Open Facebook Lite.
- Press the three horizontal lines on the right side of the screen.
- Locate ” Settings.”
- Select ” Personal Information.”
- In ” Email address ” press ” Edit “.
- Press ” Add email address “.
- Write a new email and your password for Facebook to send a confirmation email to that address.
- Enter your email and look for the message sent by Facebook. Press the ” Confirm ” button. With this, you will have finished the process.
Change ad account contact
Facebook will associate your main account as a frequent contact for the advertising accounts you have within the platform. To change this email, you just have to follow the path: ” Settings and privacy “> ” Settings “> ” Contact of the advertising account “> ” Edit “> ” Change “> ” Enter the new email “> ” Enter your password ” > ” Open your mail “> ” Confirm the Facebook message “. It is important to note that this option can only be done by entering Facebook from the browser.
How to delete an email
If you have added several emails and you want to update them by deleting those to which you no longer have access, you just have to press the ” Delete ” option under the email you choose. This action can be done through the following path: ” Settings and privacy “> ” Settings “> ” Contact “> ” Edit “> ” Delete “.
In conclusion, you have two totally fast and feasible options to change your Facebook email. This action is recommended in case you forget the password of your main email or do not use it regularly. To that email you will receive the most important notifications of the platform. Finally, it should be noted that the more emails you associate with your account, the greater chances you will have of recovering it in case you forget your password.