Today, Telegram is considered one of the best instant messaging apps available in the digital environment . Since, unlike other similar services, this platform is characterized by its high levels of security, privacy, personalization and productivity .
Added to this, it also provides the advantage of chatting with other people without the need to reveal the phone number, since it allows contacting by username . However, this has a side effect that is based on appearing in searches for strangers .
As a consequence, it is likely that, during your experience on Telegram, you will receive messages from complete strangers or anonymous users . Which is inconvenient for many people who want to keep their privacy there. But luckily, you can avoid receiving such messages and here, we will explain how .
Learn step by step how to archive and silence notifications of messages from strangers in Telegram from all your devices
Thanks to a new Telegram setting , there is the possibility of minimizing the interruption of all those messages that you receive through strangers in said application . This being, a configuration that helps to specify that the messages from the contacts that you do not have on your list, go directly to a kind of purgatory .
In that sense, whenever a person who is not among your contacts writes you a message from Telegram, you will not receive their notifications and, additionally, these messages will not be displayed in the chats of your account . Therefore, if you choose to archive and mute notifications of new messages from strangers, you will not be able to see them .
This, despite the fact that you will notice that someone anonymous is trying to establish contact with you . As you will see, this function is truly efficient to increase your security and privacy in the application, so that no stranger can communicate with you through Telegram. However, to be able to benefit from it, it is important to know how to enable it because it is not active by default.
Next, we will show you the steps to do it on Android and iOS:
First of all, make sure you have the Telegram app installed on your Android device . This, you can get it for free through the Google Play Store .
So, proceed to do the following to be able to archive and silence alerts for messages from strangers:
- Initially, enter your Telegram account, using your mobile app.
- Next, touch the icon with three horizontal lines that is located in the upper left corner of the main window.
- After that, choose the “Settings” option from the list that appears there.
- Now, in the Settings section , it is time to click on “Privacy and security” .
- Next, in the section of New chats with strangers, you have to activate the option that indicates “Archive and silence” . This, just by pressing the switch twice continuously.
In this way, once you receive a new message from a user that is not hosted on your contact list, Telegram will not notify you of this and their message will not appear in the main list either, because it is automatically archived.
In this case, the procedure to be carried out is very similar to the one that has to be carried out by means of an Android device . Of course, it must be done through the Telegram app compatible with iPhone and iPad.
In order to perform each of the following steps:
- Access your account with the mobile app and, from the main screen, press the icon with three horizontal lines located in the upper left corner.
- Once the menu is displayed on the left side, find and select the “Settings” option .
- Later, you have to click on “Privacy and security” from the Settings section .
- Next, go to the New stranger chats section and there, activate the “Archive and mute” function . Either by pressing the switch twice consecutively and moving it from left to right.
Learn how to report messages from strangers on Telegram from any of your computers as SPAM
In general terms, you can make use of a Telegram bot that is totally free to avoid spam by any user on the platform. Which is known as “Chainfuel” and is characterized by admitting different configurable parameters, according to the needs of each person so that you can stop receiving messages as spam in the app . Thus, thanks to Chainfuel, you can ensure a cleaner experience on the instant messaging platform.
In order not to see so many junk messages that they end up minimizing their use, especially when it comes to unknown contacts. In that sense, what you have to do to use Chainfuel is to enter its official website, log in with your Telegram account there, enter your pertinent data and thus, automatically, it will be activated . But, in addition to this, you can also use the option to report messages received by unknown users on Telegram as SPAM .
To do this, you will have to do the following through the mobile app or its desktop version:
If you are an Android mobile or tablet user and you want to manage this through your device, you will need to implement the following step by step:
- First of all, open the application and access your Telegram account .
- After that, in the chat window, look for the message you have received from an unknown user to enter it.
- Now, directly in the chat, you have to touch the three vertical points that are located in the upper right corner.
- Followed by this, choose the option that says “Report” . Usually it is located in the second position.
- Finally, through the pop-up menu, you have to click on “Spam” and in this way, you will have reported it for this reason on the platform.
For people who manage their Telegram account through an iPhone or iPad, the process to follow when reporting a user for spamming the instant messaging app is similar to what Android users have to do. .
Here, each of the steps to be carried out:
- Start by opening the app compatible with iOS and go to your Telegram account .
- Next, look for the message that you have received from an unknown user to enter it, from the chat window.
- Now, directly in the mentioned chat, you must press the three vertical points . Which are also located in the upper right corner.
- Followed by this, proceed to select the option that says “Report” . This is found as the second position.
- Finally, through the pop-up menu, you have to click on “Spam” and in this way, you will have reported this user in the app.
On PC and MacOS
If you prefer to control your Telegram account using its desktop version, either with Windows or through MacOS, fortunately, it is also easy to report or report an unknown contact for spamming when sending messages .
In this case, the process consists of:
- To begin, from your computer, enter the Telegram application and open your account as you do regularly .
- Next, it is time to search and open the message that you have received from an unknown user . Of course, as in the previous cases, you must also do it from the chat window.
- Then, directly in the mentioned chat, press the three vertical points that are located in the upper right corner of the window.
- After that, proceed to select the option that says “Report” . This, in the desktop app, is located at the end of the small list.
- To conclude, you have to click on “Spam”, through the pop-up menu. Thus, confirming the action by clicking on “Report”, you will make the complaint to this unknown user on the platform effective.