The steps to activate the followers option on Facebook are very simple, since you basically have to enter the privacy settings and locate the filters for public publications. In this post you will find a guide on how to do it step by step. You can also use the ” view as ” feature to verify that you have correctly configured your profile.
Additionally, necessary information is presented so that the people who enable this function in their profile, can get the most out of it. Among these, the review of basic aspects in the privacy settings and how to block users that you do not want to follow you on Facebook.
Activate the followers option on Facebook, so that people who like what you share can be up to date with your status updates on Facebook, even if you do not accept their friend request. Still, you can choose the privacy of your posts to choose what to share with your friends and what with your followers.
From the computer in the new version of Facebook
Facebook has already said goodbye to the classic version of its platform permanently. Therefore, it is important that users can familiarize themselves with the new look and thus get the most out of each of its features. In this section, you will find a guide to activate the followers option so that they start following you :
- Open the drop-down menu in the corner of the screen and select the ” Settings and privacy ” option .
- Press ” Settings “.
- Locate the section ” Public publications ” and enter.
- You will see a section called Who can follow me and you must select ” Public “.
At the end of these steps, you will have activated the followers option in the new version of Facebook. You can confirm that you have done it correctly by clicking on the eye-shaped icon found on your profile. This is the option to “see how” of Facebook and will allow you to see your biography as if you were another user.
From the phone
Facebook has two official applications for users who experience the social network through mobile devices. More and more people are using Facebook Lite, which is the least heavy alternative to Facebook. Therefore, in this section you will find a guide to activate the followers option on Facebook and its Lite version :
The process to activate the Facebook followers option in the application is very similar to the one done in the desktop version. This is a brief guide to find said configuration and enable it from your cell phone:
- Open the drop-down menu by pressing the three horizontal lines icon in one corner of the screen.
- Click on ” Settings and privacy “.
- Press ” Settings “.
- Select ” Public Posts.”
- You will see the title Who can follow me, where you must activate the ” Public ” option .
With this, you will have changed the follower settings on Facebook and other users of the social network will be able to start following you, even if you do not have them added as friends. Verify that you have obtained the ” Follow ” button with the “view as” option from the platform, which you access by pressing the eye-shaped icon on your profile.
On Facebook Lite
Many users use this application for the ease of browsing the social network, chatting and sharing, viewing publications, without taking up so much space on the phone. For this reason, below you will find a guide to activate the followers option in Facebook Lite :
- Enter the app and open the menu by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner represented by three horizontal lines.
- Press ” Settings “. This option is located at the bottom, among the last options on the menu.
- Search among the privacy options ” Public publications ” and press to enter.
- In this space is located the section Who can follow me, in it you will see the options Friends and Public. Click on ” Public” to activate the followers option. You will know that the option was marked because the word is seen in bold.
With these simple steps, the option of followers on Facebook is activated so that they start following you on Facebook Lite. Unlike the procedure on the computer or in the Facebook application, you will not be able to verify with the “view as” option, but you will receive notifications when you have new followers.
When having followers on Facebook, it is important to also know the privacy settings, which allow you to verify what information is publicly visible and that you share only with your Friends on Facebook.
Additionally, it is important to know how to block people you do not want to see or follow on Facebook. Here’s a brief guide to these basics to keep in mind:
If you want to have followers, this can make you a figure of public recognition, depending on how you manage your social networks. Therefore, you should know how to block users or followers that may be annoying. By following this guide, you can do it both in the application and in the desktop version.
Just enter the profile of the person you want to block by clicking on their name. Then, locate the button with three ellipsis and press it to open the options. Among them you will find the option ” Block “, which you must press.
The user you have blocked will no longer be able to see what you share on Facebook, regardless of whether you do it with public settings. They also won’t be able to follow you or send you a friend request until you’ve unlocked them.
It is important to always know what information you share on Facebook publicly and which information you share only with your friends. In this section, you will find a basic guide to do a quick review of the security settings.
The easiest way is to follow this link to privacy shortcuts. In this section you can quickly consult the basic settings of your account in relation to security and privacy. Here is a list of the aspects that can be consulted:
- Who sees what you share : This is the most important point, since it allows you to verify personal information such as date of birth or relationship status, the privacy of the publications and the list of blocked people.
- How to protect your account : In this section, Facebook will give you some tips to improve the security of your profile. It can be password change, activation of login alerts or two-step verification. These are all important security tools to prevent your profile from being hacked.
- How people can find you : You can verify the way in which other users can locate your Facebook profile and customize these settings in the way you see fit.
- Your data settings on Facebook : In this section, you can see which are the applications and websites linked to your Facebook account.
It should be noted that not only will you be able to check the status of each of these security options, you will also be able to change them and customize your account within this section. If you have the followers option active, you should not fail to verify the privacy of your account. Basically, this is all you need to know to activate the option of followers on Facebook and start following you.