Today, Telegram is one of the main instant messaging apps that users prefer worldwide . Since, with its multiple updates, it has reinvented itself over time to provide the best possible user experience and thus, to be considered as a capable application above its competitors. Thanks to this, in certain aspects, it has managed to surpass the WhatsApp giant .
In this sense, in addition to guaranteeing optimal security and privacy to protect the integrity of its users, Telegram is also distinguished by its great performance by occupying little space on the devices. In addition to this, it offers different functions to implement excellent communication between its users and also manages to adapt to the needs of each one by admitting an excellent level of customization .
Therefore, in terms of personalization, Telegram has several points in its favor. Whereas, nowadays, it allows you to use the dark mode directly on the platform and through any of its versions. That is why, it is useful to know how to activate the dark mode of the app easily and here, we will teach you this step by step.
What are the benefits of using Dark Mode in your Telegram account and other applications?
Also known as “dark mode” in English, dark mode refers to a functionality that allows the screen background of an application, operating system or device with an OLED screen to be changed to black . Which means that it consists of a mode that is responsible for applying black or dark colors to the appearance of a certain interface and thus, the traditional white background with black letters is replaced by a dark color that varies between black and gray .
Now, thanks to the advantages it reveals, many apps have chosen to include this option in their service and in the same way, many people have switched to dark mode to obtain a better user experience.
Thus, among these benefits, it is worth highlighting the most relevant of all:
- Reduction of the consumption of the battery of the equipment : By nature, the standard screens reveal a high consumption of battery due to the brightness that they have. Which, it is possible to reduce it thanks to the dark mode that, by exhibiting a lower screen brightness, guarantees a battery saving of up to 30% compared to the traditional mode .
- Avoid eye strain : As common screens are characterized by emitting a blue light that, when the human eye is exposed to it for a long time, can make the vision feel more fatigued in less time; the “dark” mode focuses on changing this. Therefore, it avoids eye fatigue and the collateral effect that such blue light produces .
- It allows to improve sleeping habits : At bedtime, it is also beneficial to use the dark mode. Since, the blue light of the standard screen manages to minimize the duration of sleep, when viewing the devices before sleeping. But, this does not happen with the dark mode, thanks to the fact that it does not have a high impact on the eyes or the human brain .
- It helps to make optimal readings : Another essential factor of the dark mode is that it allows you to acquire a reading experience with much more quality . Since, by default, the eye does not suffer as much when making prolonged reading, thanks to the low brightness emitted by the screen. This even allows to find more readability in the texts.
Learn step by step how to activate Telegram’s dark mode from any device quickly and easily
If you want to benefit from what the dark mode guarantees, as well as have more comfort when using the instant messaging app and make its interface look much more attractive, we recommend activating the “dark mode” in Telegram from all your devices .
Which, fortunately, is very easy to do and therefore, here we show you the procedures indicated for each case:
If you prefer to manage your Telegram account through its mobile application and you have an Android smartphone or tablet , it is important that you know what you must do, in this case, to enable this mode correctly .
Therefore, below, we detail the steps to follow:
- First of all, enter the Telegram mobile app compatible with Android and enter your account as you normally do .
- After that, through the main screen, tap the three horizontal stripes icon in the upper left corner to open the menu.
- Next, among all the options, it is time to choose the one that says “Settings” .
- Now, once you are in the main Telegram configuration menu , in the Settings section , proceed to click on “Chats” .
- After that, in the Chats part , go to the bottom until you find the option for “Automatic night mode” .
- Finally, it only remains to activate this function by moving its switch from left to right .
In addition to this, you can also do this from the Themes section in the Chats panel . In this case, you just have to choose the theme called “Night” and thus, automatically, the “dark mode” will be activated in your Telegram interface.
In case you have an iPhone or iPad and from there you manage your Telegram account, you have to execute the following procedure to activate and / or configure the dark mode in the app:
- Enter your Telegram account from the mobile app compatible with iOS.
- Next, proceed to touch the options menu icon in the upper left corner.
- Now, in the list of options, you have to click on “Settings” .
- After that, in Settings, you must go to the Appearance section where you will find multiple customization functions of the application.
- Once this is done, it is time to select “Automatic night mode” and from there you will find several alternatives to choose from:
- “System” (so that it is only activated when the device is in dark mode).
- “Disabled” (not to use).
- “Scheduled” (to choose a time slot in which it will be activated automatically).
- “Automatic” (this will be activated when the brightness level of the iPhone or iPad is less than 20%).
- Also, finally, you can choose one of the two night themes found at the bottom, according to your preferences.
On PC and MacOS
On the other hand, if you prefer to use Telegram through your computer, you need to know what are all the steps to follow to enable the dark mode of the app interface from its desktop version compatible with the corresponding operating system ( i.e. Windows or MacOS).
Here, the procedure to be specified that is very easy:
- First of all, access your Telegram account using the desktop or computer app.
- After this, go to the upper left corner of the main window and click on the icon with three horizontal lines that is right next to the search bar.
- Then, at the bottom of the list, as the last option, you can find “Night mode” . From there, you simply have to activate it by moving the switch to the right .
- Once you do the above, the Telegram interface will automatically switch to dark mode .
- If, at any time, you want to deactivate it, you just have to follow the same procedure and move the switch to the left .
On Telegram Web
For convenience, speed or for any other reason, there are also many people who choose to use Telegram from its web or online version . However, from there, it is not yet possible to activate the night mode in the interface to get all its benefits.
This, basically, is due to the fact that the Telegram Web configuration is much more simplified compared to the mobile or computer app . Reason why, by default, it only consists of certain sections to configure parameters such as: name and surname, notifications, message preview, sound, language, sensitive content, other active sections, etc.
Therefore, in terms of customization, Telegram Web does not contain the necessary options to optimize the service interface depending on the tastes of each user. Since, at the moment, it does not support the famous themes of the instant messaging app and, therefore, it does not have the dark mode or night mode either . Therefore, if you want to activate this function, you have to manage your Telegram account using the desktop version or its mobile app, obligatorily.