There is a saying that says: everything you upload to the internet, stays on the internet. Many people today think of what some classify as “digital garbage”, those activities that were once popular but perhaps now embarrass you.
Looking at it from another perspective, having several profiles in countless accounts or social networks, that your photo appears in profiles that are on the network even if you do not use them is not good, but it is possible that you can delete those profiles so that there is no trace of you in those social media.
If you are no longer convinced to use Tinder and you want to delete your account, then we are going to show you how to delete that account without leaving any traces of it.
Delete a Tinder account from Android
If you have already convinced yourself to delete your Tinder account, we can only show you how to do it. The steps are not difficult at all, but you must follow them to the letter to be successful.
If you thought that by deleting the application you had already deleted your account, unfortunately you are wrong. The first thing you have to do is:
- Go to the configuration profile found in the upper left part of the app.
- Look for a circular gear-shaped tool (settings) under your profile picture and click there.
- After entering the section, slide to the end of it.
- When you see the version number of the application click on the button “Delete Account or Delete Account”. Only in this way could we consider that your account is officially deleted, not without first complying with a final technical requirement of the account.
You must choose the reason why you are deleting your profile, for Tinder this is very important, so you will not be able to skip this step. There are 4 reasons that Tinder considers when deleting an account, you must choose which of them suits your reason. The first one is: I don’t like Tinder. The second option is: I need to start over. The third option is: I need a break from Tinder and the last and most obvious of all: that you have found a partner.
Delete a Tinder account from iOS
If you are tired of using Tinder and do not want to leave traces of you in the application, here we are going to show you what you must do so that this process of deleting your account is successful. To delete your Tinder account on iOS, the first thing you should do is:
- Remember what process you used to open your account, if you did it from Facebook or through your phone number.
- If you opened your account using your Facebook account, before deleting the account, you have to delete Tinder access within Facebook to be able to delete the account because if not, you will not be able to delete it completely.
- Once the step that we mentioned above has been completed, you must log in to your application.
- Next, you must click on the icon where your photo appears at the top of the screen and then you will go to Settings, there you can completely delete your Tinder account.
Once you have confirmed the deletion of your account, you will press delete account again and voila, your data will no longer be in Tinder. After completing these steps, now if you can proceed to delete the application, there will be no traces on Tinder or on your smartphone.
Delete a Tinder account from the Mobile browser
If you are going to delete your Tinder account from your mobile browser, don’t worry, you just have to follow a few steps to do so. The procedure is simple, and you will have to go to the configuration part in your Tinder account and delete all your data and your profile.
You should keep in mind that once you manage to delete your account, no longer open back. To do this, you must:
- Go to the Tinder official website from your cell phone.
- Open your Tinder account either with your Facebook account or with the username and password.
- Once inside, you should go to “Settings” which is where you can delete your Tinder account.
- Press “Delite Account” and confirm that if you want to delete your account, and that’s it.
Once you have done all these steps, you will have completely deleted your Tinder account.
Delete a Tinder account from your Windows and MacOS
Although we know that Tinder is an application that has been created for Android and iOS smartphones, you can also have your Tinder account from your Windows PC and MacOS. If you already open it and what you are looking for is to delete your account, then you must follow these steps that we will show you below:
- On your desktop, look for the Tinder icon which you opened through BlueStacks.
- Log in to your account using your username and password.
- Once you have opened your account, you must go to settings and from your account you can delete all Tinder data.
Remember that once you have deleted your account there is no going back. There will be no trace of the contacts or the people with whom you spoke, you will lose everything.
It is important to mention that there is a high percentage of users of this social network who, after finding a stable partner in it, stop using the account, since it seems annoying to receive notifications. Without a doubt, it is an option that you should keep in mind if you want to have more privacy after using the application.