Millions of people use the social network Facebook every day and for this reason this service is an important target of malicious people who want to access accounts outside of their place, using methods such as exploits (emails with false notifications), malware in its form of spyware or they simply try to guess the password or display it among the saved browser passwords.
To avoid being a victim of espionage, to prevent another person from taking control of your account or worse, stealing a page or “fanpage”, it is important to change your Facebook password or password frequently, including characters of various types. to make your guessing practically impossible.
Change Facebook password
Next we will mention what are the steps you must follow to effectively change your Facebook password.
Change Facebook password knowing current password
If you already know your current password, congratulations! Changing the password is much easier since you can do it from your account settings, easily and quickly, by following these steps:
- Click on the arrow in the corner of any Facebook page and then press Settings.
- Go to ” Security and Login ” located on the left sidebar.
- Click Edit next to Change password.
- Enter the current password and the new one.
- Click Save changes.
By following these steps you will have
Change Facebook password without knowing current password
If you have forgotten your password then you will have to recover your password through the option to recover Facebook accounts. For this you will need to have access to your email or the telephone number linked to your account, otherwise, you will have to follow another more complex process to recover your account.
- Go to the Recover your account page.
- Enter the email, cell phone number, full name or username associated with your account, and click Search.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
If you do not know your email or have access to the phone number registered in your profile, you must access the Facebook account recovery page and provide the service with data to help confirm your identity.
Tips for changing your password
When it comes to changing your Facebook password, don’t even think about choosing something so easy! Remember that your Facebook contains all your personal data and it would be very easy for anyone to discover them, just enter your profile and review them. That is why, as far as possible, you should avoid using personal data that anyone can obtain as a password. Here are some tips to correctly choose your new Facebook password.
- Do not use your personal data within the password; If possible, avoid putting data on your date of birth, telephone number, name / surname, hometown or residence, among others.
- Choose a password that you can easily remember but that is also difficult to guess.
- Do not use the same password in several services, much less use the same password as your email.
- Long passwords are generally more secure, so try to make it as long as you can.
- If possible, use an online password generator such as www.Password.es and memorize it or write it down in a safe place.
Some of these recommendations were made on Facebook’s own help site, follow them for your maximum safety!