There are various ways that you can download Facebook videos, basically depending on certain circumstances. For example, it may vary if it is a video uploaded by you or if it is from another account. It also depends on where you plan to save it, if it is to your computer, cell phone, tablet etc.
In a previous installment we saw how to transfer video from Facebook to WhatsApp, if that is what you are looking for. Today you will see 3 ways to download videos from Facebook. I will try to show you as many as I can in a clear and simple way. You must choose the appropriate method for you from the following menu:
- 1: Download Facebook Videos Without Programs
- 2: Use an online application
- 3: Download Facebook videos on your cell phone
Method 1: How to Download Facebook Videos Without Programs
It is very easy to download Facebook videos without additional programs or resources, just by using some tricks from Facebook itself. Below I will show you two ways to do it.
A video uploaded by you
- Open Facebook and click the link to your profile at the top right of the screen.
- Once inside your profile page, in the horizontal menu, click on More and in the pop-up menu choose the Videos option .
- On the Videos page, two tabs will appear, you must choose the one that says Your videos.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the video you want to download and click the pencil icon that appears.
- In the pop-up menu choose the option Download in HD (if available) or Download in SD.
- The chosen video will appear in another browser tab, click on the 3-dot menu and choose the Download option . Alternatively, you can right-click on the video and choose the Save Video As option from the pop-up menu.
A video uploaded by someone else
- Go to Facebook and search for the video you want to download.
- Right-click on the video and choose Show Video URL from the pop-up menu.
- Please click the URL that appears and press the shortcut Ctrl + C to copy the link.
- Open a new browser tab, paste the copied URL into the address bar and hit Enter.
- Now you must replace in the URL where it says “www” or “web” by ” mbasic ” and press Enter.
- Now click on the video so that it opens in another tab in playback mode.
- Click on the 3-dot menu and choose the Download option , or you can right-click on the video and choose the Save Video As option from the pop-up menu.
Method 2: Download FB Videos Online
Perhaps the previous method is complicated for you, so using an application would be faster and easier, and even more so if it is an online application. You will not have to install anything on your PC, in addition to being able to do it from your smartphone.
Well, below I will show you some of these services that you can use to download Facebook videos online with ease:
fbdown.net/” target=”_blank” rel=”noreferrer noopener nofollow”>FBDown is a simple tool to download any video from Fa is another tool to download videos from Facebook, very similar to FBDown. Simply paste the video’s URL into the box, choose the quality from the Select video format drop-down menua little further down, and click Download. A new box will appear below, in which you must click the Download this video link.
SaveFrom offers three ways to download Facebook videos:
- If you have followed the example of the previous services, you will be familiar with the procedure. First copy the URL of the video, paste it into the box on the screen and press Download as an arrow [ > ].
- It also has an extension for Google Chrome. With this you can download videos more easily.
- But also, SaveForm has an app that you can install on your PC to easily download videos from Facebook. You will be able to choose the video quality before saving it. If you are going to download content in high definition, this tool will be of great help.
getfbvideos. is another good service to download Facebook videos online. Like the others on this list, you need to paste the video link into the text box, click the Download button,and then select either the Download video (HD) or Download video (SD) optionsto save it locally.
Method 3: Download Facebook Videos on Cell Phone
Although it may seem more difficult, downloading videos from Facebook on your smartphone is also very simple. Next I will show you how to do it on both Android and iOS devices, be they phones or tablets.
On your iPhone phone
Here I will show you a trick with which you can download Facebook videos on iPhone and other iOS devices. The best thing is that with this method you can search for the video within the official Facebook application, so it will be easier to find it.
Follow the steps below:
- You must install the MyMedia app from the App Store. This is a kind of file and download manager with which you can handle multimedia files on iOS.
- Now go to the Facebook application, find the video you want to download and click to play. You will be able to see the Download option , click on it and then on Copy link. This will copy the URL of the video to your iOS clipboard.
- Open the MyMedia application, in which you will have to open the savefrom.net website (if this does not work for you, choose another of the web services shown in the previous topic) in the browser incorporated in the app. Paste the link copied from the previous step into the text field, to convert the video.
- Now you must press the Download button and then Download the file to download the video to your device. Depending on what video it is, you could get the HD or SD option for quality.
- The application will ask you to name the file to download. Then click Save and the download process will begin.
- When the download is complete, you can find the video in the Media tab .
- You can play the video directly within MyMedia. You can also choose to save the video to the camera roll or share it via WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram or other applications.
On your Android device
On your Android device, you can basically do it in two steps. You must first copy the URL of the video and then use an application to download videos from Facebook. In the following procedure we will use the online service https://en.savefrom.net/.
- Open the Facebook app, find the video you want to download. Inside the video, click on More options in the form of 3 points in the upper right part of the screen, and then on Copy link.
- Now open the browser on your Android phone and go to the site https://en.savefrom.net/. Here paste the URL link copied in the previous step and into the blank text box.
- A little further down you will be presented with the Download button, you can select the video in HD or SD (upon availability) and press the Download button.
- Finally, you just have to wait for the video to download. When it’s done, it will show you an indicator and you can watch the video on your device.
As you can see, there are several ways in which you can convert and save Facebook videos locally, so that you can send or watch it without the internet. The truth is that, although downloading the videos is simple, sometimes we do not have the appropriate method in mind. But as you can see, you can do it easily from your computer or mobile device, without having to install any program.
I hope this guide has been useful to you. If you have other ways to download Facebook videos, be sure to share them using the comment section below.