It is common to find Internet connection problems on any Windows 10 device . This is not due to an OS bug, but to other issues that originate from different reasons.
If you want to know how to solve these problems quickly and easily, you will have to continue reading this article until the end. The first thing that you will read is all the problems that you can face.
Then, we will tell you several tips to have an Internet connection in Windows 10 to navigate faster. Take a look and don’t miss anything to enjoy the web without wasting time.
Learn about the main security problems in Windows 10 and learn how to solve them step by step
We will show you below how to solve the main Internet connection problems that you may have on a Windows 10 computer:
You connect to WiFi, but you can’t surf
One of the most common problems you may have is that you can access the WiFi network, but it does not have an Internet connection, so you will not be able to browse any web page. This error is related to DNS servers or IP addresses that are saturated or some parameter that is not up-to-date has been modified.
To solve this problem you will have to follow this step by step:
- Type in the taskbar, next to the Windows icon , the phrase Command Prompt . Then click on the Run as administrator option . This to open a black screen in which you can write commands that are related to the operating system.
- Then you must log in
netsh winsock resetto restore the Winsock catalog to original values.
- Write below
ipconfig / releaseto renounce the current IP you have on your computer.
- After this, run
netsh int ip resetto reset settings and fix possible network connection errors.
- When you have finished with the previous steps you will have to type
ipconfig / renovarto find a new IP address for your computer.
- Lastly, you’re going to have to run
ipconfig / flushdns. This command will help you flush the DNS cache .
You cannot enter the WiFi network
When Windows cannot connect to WiFi, the first thing you should do is check the access password, write it correctly and it has not been modified. If you are doing this correctly, you may have an error in the network card driver (this is a problem in the program that makes the board work that allows you to connect to the Internet).
The quickest and easiest thing is to reinstall the driver or restart it. You will do this as follows:
- Go to the Control Panel . To do this you will have to write the name of the tool in the search bar at the bottom of the screen and then select it.
- Write, in the upper right section of this option, Device Manager and choose this function.
- Go to the second tool you have available called Network Adapters .
- When the menu is displayed select the WiFi adapter. For you to locate yourself, this option will be under the bluetooth controller and will have the word Wireless in the name .
- Right-click on it and select the Update driver option (if you want to uninstall it, you can also do it in this step).
- Reboot the device for the changes to take effect.
You don’t see any WiFi network
If your computer is at home, or in any other place where you know that there are available networks, and it does not find any name of WiFi signals, the first thing you will have to do is configure the network connection. This error is due to the fact that you may find airplane mode enabled or you do not have the search for WiFi networks activated.
To solve this problem you will have to go to the lower right part of your Windows 10 computer screen and choose the Network Access function . Then you must select the WiFi option and activate it. This will automatically disable airplane mode . Wait a few seconds and you will see how your device finds one or more wireless networks that you can access with keys .
Tips to have a better Internet connection in Windows 10 to browse faster
Next, you will be able to find a list with the best tips to have a fast Internet connection and be able to enjoy any web page.
Pay attention to the following tips:
Choose the best router frequency
Current routers transmit their WiFi signal in two types of frequencies, they do so through 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. The differences between these technologies are clear, the first has a greater range and can transmit up to 70 m , but it has 13 channels to navigate. In contrast, the 5 GHz frequency has a shorter range, up to 30 meters, and has up to 22 channels, so the data transmission speed is much higher.
This is because more devices can enter and be spread over more channels, so these are not saturated. It is the same as on a wide highway in any city where more cars can fit. For this reason, if your Windows 10 computer receives the 5 GHz frequency, because you are near the router, always choose this WiFi signal, since this way you will have a better speed because you do not have channels saturated with devices.
Change the frequency channel
In case you do not have a router that emits a signal in 5GHz, because it does not reach the location of your device, you will have to use the 2.4 GHz frequency . But for you to have a good speed it will be necessary that you enter a channel that is not saturated with other devices, this will help you improve your browsing speed significantly.
To know which are the most appropriate channels to achieve your goal, it will be necessary to use a third-party tool that installs it without problems on your Windows 10 computer. For example, you will be able to use WiFi Analyzer, which you can download for free from the Microsoft store.
When you open this tool, after having installed it, you will have to go to the Analyze tab . In this section you can find a frequency distribution in which the program will automatically tell you to use the best option. You can identify this with a Use me! Legend. . To change the channel you will have to go to the Networks tab and select the appropriate channel with that legend.
Customize operating system updates
It is common for the browsing speed on a Windows 10 computer to be slow because the update system that Microsoft has runs through the P2P protocol to increase security . This means that every time there is an update, your computer connects with other computers to download the computer patches.
To prevent your PC from connecting with unknown computers to share updates, you will have to go to the Windows Start menu and follow this process:
- Click on the Settings option .
- Then you must select the Update and Security tool .
- This will allow you to find the Delivery Options function , which you will need to choose.
- When you have finished with the previous steps you will have to disable the Allow downloads from other computers box .
- Then you will have to activate PC on my local network .
Use the Task Manager
The Task Manager function is a tool for managing activities carried out on the computer. It is used to control the active processes of the operating system, to know about the open apps and their consumption of resources. In addition, it is possible to know the programs that are running in the background. You should not forget that these software can consume bandwidth from your WiFi connection . Therefore, it is convenient to close them to have a faster browsing speed.
To use the task manager you will have to do this step by step:
- No matter what program or application you are using, press the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys at the same time . This will open a window in which you will have to choose the Task Manager option .
- Next, you will have to go to the Processes tab and recognize the applications and processes that are running in the background . You will be able to see the percentage of use of the RAM memory, the processor and other elements. From this list you will have to guide yourself to choose the app you want to close.
- Once you have found it, you will have to select it and then click on the End task button .
Choose other DNS
A Domain Name System, or DNS, is a protocol used to match website names to IP addresses. In this way it is possible to translate each URL that you enter in your browser to a specific IP so that it can receive from the hosting, where the web page you want to enter is hosted, the data you require.
Internet service providers provide their own DNS, which often slows down the connection. You can change these domain name systems to ones that are public and faster. For example, you can use OpenDNS (184.108.40.206) or Google (220.127.116.11).
We will show you below how you should do to change these servers in a simple way:
- Click on the Windows icon .
- Then choose Settings .
- Click Network and Internet and then Status .
- After this select Change adapter options .
- Select the network adapter you have by right clicking on it (that is, on the name of the network you are connected to).
- When a new window opens , choose the Properties option .
- Go to the Networking tab and double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) .
- Find the option Use the following DNS server addresses and click on it.
- Manually configure the DNS server, then click OK and close all windows.
It is impossible to find the WiFi signal of your house
For some reason you can see signals from your neighbors, but you cannot find your home from your computer, it is possible that you have turned off the router or that it has collapsed and has an internal error . You will solve this, in both cases, by turning off the router for a few minutes and turning it on again.