To have WhatsApp Web without scanning the QR code you need to download the desktop version on your computer. In this way, the scan of the code will be done only once and will store your information in the application, so that you only have to enter to answer the messages. It is a comfortable and simple way to use the platform when you work or need to spend a lot of time in front of your computer.
WhatsApp has the option of downloading the application for both Mac Systems (version 10.10 or higher) or Windows Systems (version 8.1 or later), without the need to use an emulator. Regardless of the option you choose, it should be noted that the QR code must be scanned at least once. This is done in order to identify the access device to save and preserve the data each time the application is entered from the computer.
Steps to follow
The platform has three means of connection: from its application available both in the Android and iOS stores, from the web or with its desktop version. In the last 2 media, it requests the scanning of the QR code, however, if you download the version for computers, WhatsApp will record and store the login data so that you do not have to scan the code again, unless you log out.
From the WhatsApp official page you will find the download links available for the Operating System of your computer. Also, if you have Windows, this System has an application store called ” Microsoft Store “, which works like the Google Play Store or the App Store. You can access it to download the app directly.
From Microsoft Store
As previously mentioned, the Microsoft Store has a series of applications available for the Windows System. You will not have to access the WhatsApp page to download its desktop version since you have this more direct option. The procedure to have WhatsApp Web without a QR code is as follows:
- Open ” Microsoft Store “, search for ” WhatsApp ” and click on the first option.
- Press ” Install “.
- When the installation is ready, press ” Start “.
- You will see a QR code to scan. Check the ” Keep me signed in ” box.
- To synchronize it with your phone, go to the “ WhatsApp ” app and press the three vertical dots located in the upper right corner.
- Choose ” WhatsApp Web “.
- Scan the QR code by focusing your phone’s camera.
- Now, so that the platform does not request the scanning of the QR code again, you only have to close the program window by pressing the “X” (X) located in the upper right corner.
Once the devices are synced, you will have the WhatsApp application enabled on your desktop. You can turn off the computer without any inconvenience since if you do not log out of your computer, WhatsApp will keep your session started every time you open the application. However, both the Smartphone and your computer must have a good Internet connection.
From the browser
For now, WhatsApp only has the desktop version available for Mac or Windows. The other Systems like Linux must use WhatsApp Web. Therefore, if you have a Windows System equal to or later than 8.1 or a Mac computer with a version equal to or greater than 10.10, perform the steps that will be described below:
- Go to the page of “WhatsApp “and choose”Mac or Windows ”.
- Click on “Download for Windows (32bits) “or”Download for Mac OS X 10.10 and later ”. The file will begin downloading to your computer.
- When finished, press the file called ” WhatsAppSetUp ” to start the installation on your computer.
When the process is finished, WhatsApp will ask you to synchronize your phone with the desktop application by scanning the QR code. To do this, you just have to follow the following route: ” Enter WhatsApp on your Smartphone> Press the three dots> Choose WhatsApp Web> QR code scan.” When the code disappears, the devices will have been synchronized.
Using an emulator
The emulators work as a simulator of the Android System. It is installed on computers with the aim of downloading applications and games from the Google Play Store for convenience and connection. One of the most recommended is the BlueStacks emulator, with which you will not have to scan the QR code, since you can access the Play Store to download WhatsApp as follows:
- Download BlueStacks.
- Double-click the file when the download is complete.
- When asking for your permission to make changes to the system, press ” Yes.”
- Click ” Install Now “.
- When the installation is finished, you will see an icon of the program on your desktop. Open it and press “Sign in”. Access the Google Play Store with a Gmail email.
- Find the WhatsApp application and select ” Install.”
- Choose ” Accept and continue ” to proceed with the WhatsApp configuration.
When you finish these steps, you just have to enter the country you belong to, your phone number, and enter a 6-digit security code that will be sent to your cell phone. Then, it only remains to configure the name and a status to start using the application.
Close open sessions
In case you suspect that someone has a session available with your WhatsApp account, the platform has a method to identify how many sessions are open. In this way, you will have the option to close them in case you do not recognize them. These are the steps you must follow to close WhatsApp Web sessions :
- Open ” WhatsApp ” on your phone, press the three vertical dots and choose ” WhatsApp Web “.
- You will see the sessions that you have open with your account. If you do not recognize any, click on the option.
- A confirmation question will appear. Choose ” Sign out.”
Close all sessions
If you do not want to keep the sessions started on any computer, use this alternative in which you can apply the previous route: ” Enter WhatsApp> Press the three dots> Choose WhatsApp Web> Press Close all sessions> Close session “. In this way, you will not have any WhatsApp session enabled on any computer.
Finally, it is necessary to remember that this method must be performed on a personal computer. This in order to prevent other people from accessing the conversations or usurping the identification data. If you are on a work computer, you have the option of entering WhatsApp Web, in which it will ask you to scan the QR code each time you enter.