To unblock contacts in WhatsApp you just have to enter “Settings”, click on “Account” and locate the “Privacy” section. Within this section you will find an option that says ” Contacts blocked “. Once you enter this list, you just have to press the number or name of the contact you want to unblock. In this way, you will be able to resend or receive messages from this specific number.
Contact blocks in WhatsApp allow you to maintain control over the people who are violating the conditions of use or rules of coexistence within the platform. However, if you have blocked a contact by mistake or have resolved the differences with that person, in this tutorial you will see how you can unblock contacts in WhatsApp from the mobile app and through WhatsApp Web.
From the app
If you want to unblock a contact on WhatsApp from the application for both Android and iOS, then you will have to carry out the processes that will be described in the following sections.
The interface of WhatsApp for Android varies a bit with respect to the version for iPhone. Therefore, these are the steps you have to execute to unblock a contact in WhatsApp from an Android :
- Open WhatsApp and go to the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Choose ” Settings.”
- Click on ” Account “.
- Enter ” Privacy “.
- Swipe and tap on “ Blocked Contacts ”.
- Click on the contact you want to unblock and select ” Unblock (contact or phone number) “.
Note: You can also unblock a contact on WhatsApp just by entering their chat and pressing the option “You blocked this contact. Tap to unlock ”. You will see a confirmation message to unblock that number and send it a message. Once you confirm the unblocking action, the ad “You have unblocked this contact ” will appear in the same chat .
The procedure to follow to unblock a contact on WhatsApp from an iOS is as follows:
- Enter WhatsApp and press ” Settings ” in the lower right corner.
- Go to ” Account”.
- Click on ” Privacy “.
- Go to ” Blocked “.
- Press the ” Edit ” button .
- Select the ” Minus (-) ” sign in red to unblock the contact you want.
- To confirm, choose the ” Unlock ” option .
From WhatsApp Web
To unblock a contact on WhatsApp through WhatsApp Web, you just have to follow the steps that will be explained below:
- Enter WhatsApp Web from this link and scan the QR code to sync the devices.
- Click on the three vertical dots and select ” Settings “.
- Go to ” Blocked “.
- Click on the contact you want to unblock.
- Click on ” Unlock “.
How to block a contact
If you don’t want to receive more messages and calls from a specific contact, these are the steps to take to block it on WhatsApp :
- Enter WhatsApp, find the contact you want to block and open the conversation.
- Press the phone number or contact name to enter their profile.
- Swipe and tap the ” Lock ” option .
- Confirm the action and choose ” Block ” again.
Note: Another way to block the contact is by pressing the three vertical dots that appear in the upper right corner of the chat. Select the button ” More ” and then ” Block.” There you can choose if you only want to block the number to not receive messages or calls or if you also want to report it. However, this process is not available for WhatsApp Web.
Block an unknown number
When you receive a message from an unknown number on WhatsApp, the application automatically offers you the options to ” Block ” or ” Add ” as a new contact to your phonebook. If you choose to block it, you can also report it so that WhatsApp can evaluate if the activity it is promoting within the community affects the rules of coexistence.
As you can see, the process to unblock a contact on WhatsApp on Android, iOS or WhatsApp Web is really simple and easy to do. In the same way, the procedure to block an unknown contact or number on WhatsApp has also been detailed , in order to avoid major problems or report harassment within the platform.