Telegram is one of the most used messaging services worldwide and that is why everyone wants to join this application. However, having multiple accounts associated can become a real problem. In some cases, it will be necessary to remove or disable some of them. You may want to change your phone number and you do not want your personal data to remain on the Internet.
If you are concerned that someone has access to all the information that you handled through your account, the solution to this is to permanently delete all your data. It is possible to achieve this, with a deletion of all the information linked to your Telegram account. Through this process, you make sure that your personal data is not left wandering around the Internet. The way to do it from your PC and Smartphone will be detailed in simple steps.
If you want to delete your Telegram account from the PC, keep in mind that, once this action is carried out, all your personal information will be lost. These steps are irreversible, if you want to open a new account with the same data, you will not be able to do it immediately. In some cases, you will have to wait days or weeks until you have a chance to re-register your phone number.
Follow the steps detailed below, in order to delete your Telegram account:
- Open the following link in your browser: https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate. This will take you to the official Telegram site, where you can permanently delete your account.
- Enter the phone number you want to unlink from the platform. It must be in international format, with your country code at the beginning.
- Then select “next”. A “Confirmation Code” will be sent to the Telegram chat, it will not be through a text message.
- Check the ” Code ” sent to the Telegram chat and copy it.
- Enter it in the box available on the website and then click on the “Register” button.
- Once you enter your account, select the option “Delete account” or “Delete account”.
- On the next screen, you must give a reason why you want to deactivate your account. After that, you select the “Delete my account” button.
- You will get a warning box, where you must confirm that you want to completely delete your account.
In this way, your Telegram account will be deleted. To use the service again, you must create a new profile with a different phone number than the one you just deleted. In the event that you want to create a new account with the same phone number, you must wait a certain period of time to do so.