To block your WhatsApp you just have to enter the application and choose the fingerprint lock (in the case of Android phones) or Touch ID (for iOS devices). Another way to protect your conversations is by blocking the app from the phone’s settings. If none of these options is available on your Smartphone, then you can protect the chats by installing a mobile app that requests a PIN or pattern every time you go to WhatsApp.
It is important to lock the phone so that no external person can review the conversations without prior authorization. If for some reason, that person knows the password or the initial pattern, then it is advisable to strengthen the security of the other applications by blocking each one. Therefore, in this article you will see how to block WhatsApp from both an Android and an iOS device.
It is worth mentioning that it is essential to have a high-end Android Smartphone. That is, the device must have a fingerprint, PIN, password or pattern lock. In this way, WhatsApp can be blocked in a simple way and without the need to use third-party applications.
Through the app
The latest WhatsApp updates have included the ability to lock the app via fingerprint. Therefore, if you want to use this option, you just have to follow the steps that will be detailed below:
- Open WhatsApp and press the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Choose ” Settings.”
- Go to ” Account “.
- Click on ” Privacy “.
- Click on ” Fingerprint Lock “.
Note: Before getting to step 6, you must first set up the fingerprint on your smart device. If you haven’t, WhatsApp will ask you to set up a fingerprint to move forward with the process. To configure it you have to follow this path on the phone: ” Settings> Security> Fingerprint “.
- Press the button to activate the ” Unlock with fingerprint ” option .
- Touch the fingerprint sensor.
- Choose if you want to block WhatsApp automatically after one minute, 30 minutes or immediately. You can also choose if you want to see the messages received through the preview on the initial screen.
From Huawei settings
Some Android phone models have the option to block WhatsApp and any other application from the device settings. In the case of Huawei cell phones, you can perform this action as follows:
- Enter ” Settings “.
- Look for the ” Security and privacy ” section.
- Enter the “option App Lock ” or ” Lock apps “.
- Press the activation button and, in the list of applications, select ” WhatsApp.”
You can also block WhatsApp and other applications from the settings of a Xiaomi phone by following the steps that will be explained below:
- Go to ” Settings “.
- Go to “Applications” and choose ” Application Lock “.
- Activate the ” WhatsApp ” application.
Note: According to the MIUI version of Xiaomi, the option to block applications may be included in the ” Privacy Protection ” menu .
Samsung has the option to lock applications and hide them in a private folder so that only the owner of the phone has access to that content. If you want to block WhatsApp from the settings of a Samsung, simply follow these steps:
the device settings.
- Access ” Advanced functions “.
- Choose ” Lock and hide applications.”
- Flip the switch and select the lock method.
- Choose ” WhatsApp ” as one of the protected apps.
Through One Plus
One Plus phones are characterized by having excellent performance and having an advanced Android System. Among its advantages is to block WhatsApp and other applications as follows:
- Go to the settings or phone settings and go to ” Security “.
- Click on ” Fingerprint “.
- Look for the option ” Block apps.”
- In the list, choose ” WhatsApp ” as the application you want to block.
The procedure to block WhatsApp from an iOS is not complicated. In fact, the advantage of these devices is that you can also activate facial recognition blocking to make access to your conversations more difficult.
Through the app
The design of WhatsApp for iOS phones is different from that of Android cell phones. Therefore, here are the steps you must follow to block WhatsApp on an iOS device from the app:
- Press ” Settings ” of WhatsApp in the lower right corner.
- Select ” Account.”
- Press ” Privacy “.
- Click ” Lock the screen “.
- Press ” Require Touch ID ” or ” Require Face ID ” and choose the time it will take for the application to crash.
Through phone settings
It is worth mentioning that the steps that you will see below can only be performed in iOS 12 or 13 Operating Systems. Having clarified this point, you can carry out the process to block WhatsApp from the settings of an iPhone :
- Go to ” Settings ” of the iPhone.
- Press ” Screen Time.”
- Choose ” Use screen timecode.”
- Define and confirm a password.
- Now, go to ” Limits for apps ” and enter the password that you have created.
- Choose the category of the app you want to block. From there, select and lock it. Then choose ” Next “.
- Now, choose the time you want the app to crash. To finish the process, click ” Add “.
With third-party applications
In case you do not have a fingerprint lock on your device, then you can download a mobile app that blocks WhatsApp using a password, PIN or pattern. In this list you will see some of the best applications from the official stores.
This application is available in the Play Store (press this link to download it) and in the App Store (press thislink to get it). With it you can privatize not only WhatsApp, but also the photo gallery, contacts, messages and other applications that you want to protect. You can choose to add a PIN or pattern to unlock the apps you have set up. To activate advanced options, you must purchase the Premium or VIP version.