To delete a WhatsApp group, you must meet the main requirement which is to be an administrator. The procedure consists of expelling all members and even leaving the group to later eliminate it. If you don’t have the “ Admin. of the group ”, you will only have the option to leave it, with which you will be able to delete it from your chat list. In this text, you will learn how to perform this procedure with a simple step-by-step guide.
When you are the creator of the group, you have the responsibility to make sure that everyone follows the rules and is used for what it was constituted. These group chats can become unnecessary so you will want to delete them. If you are a non-administrator member and you have reached this information, it is likely that you will have problems deleting the chat, so this text will show you the required steps.
Procedure to follow
As an administrator, you meet the main requirement to use this guide and delete the WhatsApp group. First, enter the group and press the three dots located in the upper right corner to open the options menu, then select the option “Group info. “
In this section you will be able to verify that, in the list of participants, the section that says “ You ” has the label “Group Admin ”. This means that you are an Administrator, so you will only have to follow the steps described below to delete the WhatsApp group:
- Go to the “Group Info ” section as indicated above.
- He proceeds to expel the members one by one. To do this, press and hold the person’s name for a moment until the pop-up menu appears. Select the option ” Delete (Username) “. In the example, the contacts have been renamed to “User 1” and “User 2”.
- Then you must confirm the action by pressing ” Ok “. Repeat this process with each of the members, until only you are left.
- Once this is done, choose the option ” Leave the group “.
- Press ” Exit ” to complete the action.
- Then select ” Delete group “.
- A pop-up window will appear and you will have to confirm the procedure by pressing “ Delete ”.
This is all you have to do to permanently delete a WhatsApp group. Although it is not complicated, it is important to meet the required guidelines. On the other hand, it should be noted that once you have deleted the WhatsApp group, there will be no way to recover it and all its content will be lost.
Remove the group from your chat
If you are not an administrator, it will be impossible to permanently delete a WhatsApp group. You have the option of asking an administrator to grant you this rank for due process or asking them to delete the group if it is very important to do so.
If you cannot do the above, the available alternative consists of eliminating the WhatsApp group from your list. Also, you should know that you will not be able to do this if you are still a member of the group, so you will have to leave first. If you want to delete a group chat, just follow these steps:
- Locate yourself in the group and press the three points located on the top bar. Then select the option “Group info. “
- Press the ” Exit group ” button.
- Confirm the action by pressing ” Exit “.
- Press ” Delete group “.
- To finish, press ” Delete “.
This is all you need to do to delete a WhatsApp group from your chat list. Knowing how to carry out this process can be important even if you are not an administrator, since otherwise you will not be able to remove this chat from your list.
With the steps indicated in this guide, you will be able to delete a WhatsApp group as an administrator or delete the group chat from your list as a member. On the other hand, if what you want is to get rid of the content for reasons of space on the device, simply press the option ” Empty chat ” located in the drop-down menu within the group.