If you have wanted to host your conferences and until now you don’t know how to do it, in this tutorial you will learn how to create or schedule meetings in Zoom. In this way, you will be able to configure your meetings under the aspects you choose. To do this, you just have to apply each of the instructions that will be explained in this post to the letter.
When it comes to conducting a remote meeting, Zoom is the quintessential tool to do so. Creating or scheduling meetings in this application is very useful when you want to connect with your audience. This video conferencing platform has a series of functions to make your meetings ideal. In addition, it has different payment methods to extend the limit of participants.
From the app
To create or schedule meetings in Zoom, you will have the option of doing it from the app installed on your PC or laptop. This taking into account that, when scheduling a meeting in the app, the host is the only one who must register. Which facilitates the access of those who have been summoned. Once you have downloaded the app, from the following link (zoom.us/download ), you must follow the steps below:
- Open the app and log in to Zoom.
- Upon logging in, click on “Schedule” (calendar icon).
- Then the “Schedule Meeting” window will open .
- Once there, configure the meeting parameters as you wish. You must fill in all the required data.
- If you want to make additional adjustments to the meeting, you can select the arrow that corresponds to “Advanced options”.
- At the end, press the “Save” button .
Note : If when you are in the Calendar options, you choose to use “Google Calendar” after selecting “Save”, Zoom will redirect you to your Gmail account to confirm the action. To do this, you just have to click on “Allow”. After this, the meeting will be displayed on the Google calendar.
If among the alternatives offered by the tool you consider that you need to configure another important piece of information, this application will offer more options to schedule meetings that adapt to your needs. Next, you will see in detail what the “Advanced Options” of Zoom consist of:
- Enable Join Before Host: If you enable this feature, participants will be able to join the meeting before the host.
- Mute participants on entry : Once the video conference starts, users who join will need to manually enable their microphones in order to interact by speaking on the call.
- Record the meeting automatically : select this option if you want to store the meeting on your computer and thus share it on other platforms. You can also record fromzoom.us/recording.
- Enter meeting password : when checking this option, participants must enter the password set before joining.
- Alternate hosts : using this option, you can delegate a participant as host. This in case you cannot be present.
From the official website
In case you do not have Zoom as an application on your PC, you can also create or schedule meetings from the official website. The procedure is very simple, you just have togo to zoom.us/ and register. Once this is done, you will have access to the different sections of the application. To learn more about how to schedule Zoom meetings from the official website, follow the steps below:
- In the “Personal” section , select the “Meetings” option .
- Then click on “Schedule a meeting”.
- Set up your meeting schedule, filling in each of the required fields.
- To finish, press the “Save” button and verify that the meeting details are correct .
- Then click on “Save as template. ” In this way, your meeting will be scheduled.
- When you want to access again zoom.us/meeting/ and enter “Meetings”, you will be able to see the details of the meeting.
Note : After you have completed this procedure, you will have the option to start, edit, or delete the details of the scheduled meeting. However, participants who wish to join must do so from the app. Because only then can they connect to the video call.
As indicated, the procedure to create or schedule meetings in Zoom is extremely simple. Some steps and even details of the interface will be different depending on whether you have the application or you do it from the web version. Whatever the case, in this post you have the detailed steps so that you can schedule the meetings to measure and according to your needs.