The username and password of Skype or any other communication platform, is information that is generally configured in such a way that it is easy to associate them with any data or date important to the person. However, a large number of users have problems with the password, because they forget it due to lack of use of the account or other similar circumstances.
In this sense, if you have problems logging into Skype due to forgetting your password, you should know that you can change it at any time. This is easy to do both on the PC, in its desktop version, and on the mobile using the app or from its browser. You just need to follow a few simple steps that are explained throughout this text.
From the phone
Skype has a application for Android mobile devices that you can download from the official store of your cell phone, quickly and for free. Through it you can access the platform options menu to change your account password. To do this you will have to follow the instructions shown below:
- Log in to the app and click on your profile image.
- Select ” Settings ” from the options menu.
- Choose ” Account and Profile “.
- Click on ” Your account ” in the “Manage” section.
- This will open a window in the app’s browser. If necessary, log into your account.
- Press ” Change password “.
- You must confirm your identity through a security code. To receive it, click on the indicated option.
- Confirm the existing information in Microsoft and press ” Send code “.
- Take note of the code received, then go back to Skype, write it in the empty box and click ” Check “.
- Now you must indicate whether or not you want to keep the session started on the device.
- Write the current password of your account and the new password with the proper confirmation.
- Press ” Save “.
Note : In case you want a password change reminder every 72 days, check the corresponding box.
When you complete all the steps you will be able to log into your Skype account in any of its versions and continue to enjoy the service.
From the mobile browser
To change your Skype account password from your cell phone browser, you can do so by following the instructions below:
- Click on this link and, if necessary, log into your account.
- Press ” Skype.”
- Select ” My account.”
- Press ” Change password “.
- Microsoft may require confirmation of your identity for security measures. So you must enter your access code and press “Sign in”.
- When you do this, you will appear in a new window where you will be asked to enter your current password and the new password, twice.
- Finally, press ” Save “.
Note : If you want to activate the password change reminder every 72 days, check the necessary box.
Forgot your password
If for any reason you forgot the password to access Skype, you can reset or change it from your mobile in a few steps. See what they are, below.
- Access the app.
- Press ” Sign in or create “.
- Enter your username and press ” Next “.
- At this point you should press “ Forgot your password? ”In the options available under the empty field.
- The system will ask you to enter your phone number or email associated with the account to receive the identity verification code. When doing so, press ” Get Code.”
- Go to your inbox and copy the code received. Then go back to the application and write it in the corresponding field. In doing so, press ” Next “.
- Enter the new password and repeat it to confirm. At the end click ” Next “.
At the end you will be able to log in to Skype with the new password that you established during the process.
To change your Skype password from your PC, you have two options. The first of them can be used from the control panel of your account, that is, if you know the access code. While the second allows to reset the Password through the profile verification information. To find out how to use both alternatives, keep reading.
Through the control panel
You can use this option as long as you know the password to enter your Skype account, to do so simply follow these steps:
- Accede to https://secure.skype.com/portal/overview.
- If you are not logged in, enter your access credentials. On the other hand, if you have already logged into your account, scroll down and click on ” Change password ” in the side menu.
- You will be directed to a new window in which you will be asked to verify your identity through a code. To do so, press ” Send code to *** “.
- Write the email associated with your Skype account and click ” Send code “.
- In case your email matches the one registered in the Microsoft database, go to the inbox and copy the verification code received. Then go back to the page, write it in the empty field and press ” Check “.
- Once you do, you will advance to a new window where you will have to enter your current password and the new password with your confirmation.
- To finish, click on ” Save “.
When you’re done, the new password will have been configured and you can log in as usual on any device you want.
If you forgot your password
If you don’t remember your Microsoft account password, you won’t be able to sign in to Skype. So you will have to restore it following a process similar to that used on the cell phone. To do this, you must follow the instructions described below:
- Login to https://account.live.com/password/reset?cobrandid=2befc4b5-19e3-46e8-8347-77317a16a5a5.
- Write your email, username or phone number associated with your Skype account and click “Next”.
- If you select the verification method via email, confirm the email address and click on “ Get code ”.
- Go to your email inbox and take note of the code received. Then go back to the web and write it in the empty box before clicking “Next”.
- Enter the new password and confirm it. Finally click ” Next “.
When you are done you can enter your profile again to continue enjoying Skype services. Through any of these methods you will have the facility to replace the password to your Skype account without much effort. Keep in mind that, although it is a process that does not have a limit number of attempts, it is advisable to keep the password in a safe place.